🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 63 — Fast & Furious 6

Okay if it was any other franchise, this would be a crazy piece of fanfic, but for FF I think it is not. Han, somehow, survived the car crash and the explosion. Jason Statham is Owen Shaw's brother (he's already credited on IMDB as Ian Shaw), and after Dom & the Gang killed his little brother, Jason realizes that family IS the most important thing and starts tracking down each member and killing them. He finds Han first, "kills him," and Dom finds out and realizes that Statham is hunting them down one by one. He calls the gang together, they have a memorial for Han, and then go work on their plan against Statham. Who walks in? HAN. HE'S ALIVE. Action, action, action, some fights, some car chases, an explosion. Jason Statham is there and sees Han, realizes that somehow he escaped certain death. He runs at Han, whether on foot or in a car, and is about to kill him in hand-to-hand combat. Like Han is literally seconds away from definite death. BAM! There's a gun at Statham's temple. Camera pans to the side. IT'S GISELLE! She looks at Han and says, "this is what we do."

This right here, was horribly satisfying. I feel like i don't even need to watch any other Fast & Furious movie after this. My only complaint, is that I think it needed more car chases. Well done.

• Like 1

I love this podcast! Can you guys do Saw V? There's this amazing plot element where the hero keeps having flashbacks during his 'discovery' arc that belong to other characters. It makes zero sense why it's cut in this manner, and how contextually it's related to what the detective discovered. It's many levels of awesome.

Edit: Essentially this COULD happen in this film: Strahm finds an unlabeled headshot in a blank manilla folder in the basement of a house. Flashback to Hoffman sitting on the shitter and texting Jigsaw. Cut back to Strahm: "That's how you did it you sick SOB!". WHAT?! NOBODY COULD KNOW THAT! How did you flashback to that?! How did this picture that means nothing except perhaps loosely to the audience trigger an unrelated flashback that belongs to a different character?!

It's really great.

There are so many great moments in this film. The bland, weakly established red herring, discovers a MANILLA ENVELOPE. Yes, Manilla Envelope is one of the stronger characters in this film and get's most of the screen time. In this unique case, THIS envelope is a plant labeled 'Top Secret' in cartoony stamp style. Why does a psychos one-man operation require security clearances in his OWN filing system?! Regardless of the goofiness of this scene, bland guy turned bland hero in 3rd act opens this folder which contains only TWO things. The first is a headshot of himself, to whit he says: "...whaaaat?...". He then shuffles it aside to the ONLY OTHER THING IN THE TOP SECRET FOLDER...which is another headshot of himself to whit his face blanches and he exclaims: "JEEZUS!"

I guess I can't quote on the mobile site, but I appreciate your notes. I really want to flesh this out, maybe send it to the new director as some ideas. The sad thing is I'm not joking. I have more ideas for the other characters, just not as fully realized.

Just finished listening to the podcast - damn! The enthusiasm for F&F6 is infectious! I feel like I have to see it because it just sounds like an old school, balls to the walls action movie - which I love!

BTW: I apologize if this has already been mentioned but Michelle Rodriguez has said the next Fast and Furious is supossed to shoot in September with an eye to a next summer release.

Apparently, they listen to this podcast too!

This is tangential, but I just realized Adam Scott was in Star Trek First Contact. MIND BLOWN

tumblr_lln39fgaZq1qzrtqe.gif

• Like 1

This is tangential, but I just realized Adam Scott was in Star Trek First Contact. MIND BLOWN

tumblr_lln39fgaZq1qzrtqe.gif

He was in "Hellraiser: Bloodline" the same year, the final theatrically-released installment in that series. That's right, Adam Scott is a franchise killer!

I was listening to an episode of "Doug Loves Movies" from last week, and the guys went off on the bullshit little nuggets of wisdom that Rock and Diesel dispense throughout the film. One of the best bits was when they said that you don't need wolves to fight wolves, you need busted-up little airline liquor bottles sticking out from between your fingers to fight wolves. Also, EVERYTHING was about family.

I was listening to an episode of "Doug Loves Movies" from last week, and the guys went off on the bullshit little nuggets of wisdom that Rock and Diesel dispense throughout the film. One of the best bits was when they said that you don't need wolves to fight wolves, you need busted-up little airline liquor bottles sticking out from between your fingers to fight wolves. Also, EVERYTHING was about family.

That was one of my favorite episodes in recent memory solely for that rant from Graham Elwood and Matt Mira. And it was good to hear that I was not the only person who thought the "humor" in this movie wasn't that fucking fantastic.

• Like 1

He was in "Hellraiser: Bloodline" the same year, the final theatrically-released installment in that series. That's right, Adam Scott is a franchise killer!

FC didn't kill the Trek franchise, though. So we can't blame Adam for that one.

That was one of my favorite episodes in recent memory solely for that rant from Graham Elwood and Matt Mira. And it was good to hear that I was not the only person who thought the "humor" in this movie wasn't that fucking fantastic.

It was tremendous, particularly when they were reenacting the Rock/Diesel scene at the end!

It was tremendous, particularly when they were reenacting the Rock/Diesel scene at the end!

And that was solely for the fact to make it seem as if Vin is as tall as the Rock, but it was a shitty example of really forced perspective.

The DLM podcast has been on a tremendous streak lately, I don't understand how it's possible but it just gets better and better. It seems to violate some quantum comedy law.

THE ROCK:

4bHV2Sa.png

For the past 15 weekends—yes, since Feb. 22—the Rock has had at least one movie in the Top 10 at the U.S. box office. And considering audiences’ enduring love of the Fast franchise, he’s got a few more weekends left before that streak ends, too. (Via.)
  • Like 1

I wanted to go see After Earth but my usual movie going partner didn't want no part of it. But did say he was up for seeing Fast and Furious again. I wanted to get out of the house, so I agreed.

The audience was great and there was this little old lady in the row with us. When Vin Diesel snatched Michelle Rodriguez out of the air and landed on a car, that little old lady yelled out, "What the hell?!" That little outburst made my day.

• Like 1

Paul's love of Fast 6 has carried over to the latest Comedy Bang Bang - for those interested!

• Like 1

You fuckin assholes! How can you talk about this movie? You don't even know about Han! Ah neh meh, meh meh meh meh meh mehhhhh, meh meh meh meh meh mehhhhhhhhh! Plfffbbbffffffffbbbbbftttt!

I don't like you guys.

I finally got to see this movie last night and it totally delivered, all expectations were met and exceeded. I can't possibly say anything that hasn't been said already in this thread. So, good job, everyone. This shit was so awesome that after the credits I high-fived a guy a few seats away who was dying from laughter the entire time (as was I).

Every time The Rock appeared onscreen, maah wife would say, under her breath, "Jesus fucking christ, he's huge".

Also! This has probably already been covered, but at least 2/3rds of the dialogue in this movie are variations of "Let's do this" or "It's time to move" or "We're a family/team" or "I got it". I would love to read Fast & Furious 6: The Novelization.

I fully expect the next one to take place in space.

You fuckin assholes! How can you talk about this movie? You don't even know about Han! Ah neh meh, meh meh meh meh meh mehhhhh, meh meh meh meh meh mehhhhhhhhh! Plfffbbbffffffffbbbbbftttt!

I don't like you guys.

Haha, yes! Jason at around 18:20 in the podcast.

I fully expect the next one to take place in space.

I think we still have a couple more to go before that. I mean, we haven't even had the chapter that introduces the out-of-left-field supernatural element yet.

This was one of the few episodes that made me wish I had watched the movie prior to listening to the podcast.

But not as much as I wish that Adam would actually write "Moles."

Just getting to this pcast now, loving all you hipster commenters who can't stand a summer action blockbuster. Hey idiots, don't watch it if any movie with outlandish action offends you. You can be a fan of this podcast and also be an annoying movie snob, clearly the stars of the podcast are not and are big action movie fans

I loved when Adam Scott realized that Jason and Paul hadnt seen pain and gain, which is better than the fast movies in the sense that its slightly more believable. I too thought it looked like a shit movie about body builders, but was dragged to it and its got great action, and the rock is hilarious in it. So if you didn't hate these FF movies, you should watch pain and gain

If you don't, Adam Scott will say "what the hell are you doing!?!?" To you

Just getting to this pcast now, loving all you hipster commenters who can't stand a summer action blockbuster. Hey idiots, don't watch it if any movie with outlandish action offends you. You can be a fan of this podcast and also be an annoying movie snob, clearly the stars of the podcast are not and are big action movie fans

Where does anyone indicate that they're offended at all, or that they're annoyed or doing anything less than enjoying the utter ridiculousness on display? I mean really, that is one LONG runway...

If this place was so full of hipster commenters, you'd see a "Before Midnight" thread on here as long as this one.

Seriously? I was reading thru the first few pages and it seemed the majority of comments were just asking for their time back for watching such an abhorrent film.. As though they were obligated to do so. I was hoping to see everyone just discussing things but it was a load of bitching and moaning