🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 63 — Fast & Furious 6

Standing ovations were made and tears were shed as Paul, June, Jason, and Adam Scott strapped themselves in for another Fast & Furious adventure complete with fast cars, amnesia, and family. They discuss why the incredible feats these drag racers accomplish must make them superheroes, Tyrese & Ludacris absolutely killing it as the comic-relief, Han’s long emotional journey, the larger than life body of The Rock, and the jaw-dropping post-credits scene that made Adam Scott declare that director Justin Lin must be a fan of How Did This Get Made. Plus, everyone names their favorite character and explain why. Be sure to grab your tickets for LIVE tapings of How Did This Get Made? on Saturday, June 15th at Largo in Los Angeles and Thursday, June 27th at SubCulture in New York!

• Like 1

Can't. Wait. To. Hear. This.

Can't. Wait. To. Hear. This.[/Quote]

You damn right I quoted myself in the same post. It's THAT exciting.

• Like 4

Excellent episode!!!

3 quick things...

*POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

*In the first movie Dom and his gang stole dvd's and merchandise from truckers in the highway

*Almost ALL of the post credit sequence is taken from "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006)" but now we learn that Chev Chelios ;) used its lighter to set Han's car on fire (So maybe he was alive after the crash but he definitely died after the fire)

* Michelle Rodriguez's character Letty contacts Paul Walker and agrees to infiltrate and collect information in exchange for clemency for Dom in the 4th movie "Fast & Furious" and is "killed" but then she is revealed to be alive at the end of "Fast 5"

Why shoot little devices that take over the car's steering? Why not just make them bombs?

Where did all those soldiers go after the Rock pulled a gun on them and released a terrorist?

Why did the guy agree to help the Rock after his vicious handshake when the Rock, as an American, has no authority in Britain?

Are the Rock and his sidekick the only DSS agents in the world? Why don't they ever have backup or assistance?

Fuck Letty. Letty was a willing accessory to murder. She knew Shaw's plan. She knew they were going to kill those soldiers. Her reaction to Shaw's rampant slaughter of innocents is essentially saying "Is that really necessary?" And why WAS there a tank in the first place? Why was that part of the caravan?

I am getting angry and a little nauseous typing all this. I'm just incapable of enjoying these movies. I almost fell asleep twice.

However, I was the only one in a packed theater who laughed at the "Samoan Thor" joke.

Why did the guy agree to help the Rock after his vicious handshake when the Rock, as an American, has no authority in Britain?

When Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson was asked for authorization, I think his sidekick handed over some paperwork.

Are the Rock and his sidekick the only DSS agents in the world? Why don't they ever have backup or assistance?

I can't imagine Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson ever needing help from anybody other than Vin Diesel and his gang.

I am getting angry and a little nauseous typing all this. I'm just incapable of enjoying these movies. I almost fell asleep twice.

I think you should rewatch the film, but go in with the mindset that it takes place in a universe where everyone is awesome.

• Like 1

Why shoot little devices that take over the car's steering? Why not just make them bombs?

Where did all those soldiers go after the Rock pulled a gun on them and released a terrorist?

Fuck Letty. Letty was a willing accessory to murder. She knew Shaw's plan. She knew they were going to kill those soldiers. Her reaction to Shaw's rampant slaughter of innocents is essentially saying "Is that really necessary?" And why WAS there a tank in the first place? Why was that part of the caravan?

However, I was the only one in a packed theater who laughed at the "Samoan Thor" joke.

C'mon, man. You're being a little pedantic right now. These movies aren't that bad and are a lot of fun to watch. I feel like you want someone to say you have refined taste because you didn't like FF6, so I'll go ahead and say it and bring a smile to your face.

You have the most exquisite taste in the arts that is why your refined sensibilities could not take this movie.

Are you good, now?

• Like 1

Great ep of HDTGM, and since i'll never see this movie i won't comment on the bitching above me in this thread :)

1st: Gina Carano isn't known for being a stunt double and American Gladiator. She's known for being one of the best Women's MMA fighter in the world before she took a break to act.

2nd: The cargo plane used in the movie is a Lockheed C-5 Galaxy. It has an airlift capability, one that can carry outsize and oversize cargos, including all air-certifiable cargo.

Excellent episode!!!

2 quick things...

*POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

*In the first movie Dom and his gang stole dvd's and merchandise from truckers in the highway

*Almost ALL of the post credit sequence is taken from "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006)" but now we learn that Chev Chelios ;) used its lighter to set Han's car on fire (So maybe he was alive after the crash but he definitely died after the fire)

* Michelle Rodriguez's character Letty contacts Paul Walker and agrees to infiltrate and collect information in exchange for clemency for Dom in the 4th movie "Fast & Furious" and is "killed" but then she is revealed to be alive at the end of "Fast 5"

When Chev Chelios showed up in the post credit sequence, people were screaming "What the fuck?!" in the theater. It was amazing.

• Like 1

Oh sweet jebus, how can you like this movie. First the Rock had Shaw in his sights literally and didn't kill him, WHY. Second why would a man who has people in the CIA, FBI, MI6 etc (as the mexican drug lord says in college) even bother doing the day to day or a job, and third and worst, they run over people in a tank, repeatedly, nothing is made of this, and then they hand him over incase paul walker's wife is kiled, who cares, what about all those innocent people who were just run down by a tank. And finally if you recall they figure out that the moving on the chip is the real target, but have time to land the cargo plane they are on, get everything off, then setup on a bridge over the road way waiting for them, do they call the Rock and tell him, to I dont know NOT MOVE THE CHIP (MACGUFFIN if you prefer), no they do not, hence all the people who get run over by the freaking tank are on their heads, they can't make a f'ing phone call?

How can you like these movies, they are the worst.

oh and nothing on the wire work when rock throws the guy around the interrogation room, you can clearly see he is being hoisted up and around.

I haven't seen the film, though I've heard the song from it about 80 times now while cleaning the theater over the last few days. I think it's in the beginning too. Anyway, it goes "I got ONE chance...something something...TOnight...whatever whatever...even if I got THREE strikes, I'm gonna go FOR it...."

Even if you got three strikes, you're gonna for it? If you've got three strikes, you're already out you fuckin' dummy! If it was three BALLS, and you're still going to try to knock it out of the park rather than take a walk, that makes sense...sort of, but the the three strikes thing doesn't work for anything at all.

• Like 1

In most movies, I find it hard to believe that some characters are related to one another, like I don't buy for a second that the actors had even MET before they start playing brother and sister, but I think the FF casting people did a great job with this, because Jordana Brewster seems to suffer from the same monotonous charisma deficiency as her fictional sibling, who in turn seems to have sexually transmitted it to Michelle Rodriguez.

• Like 1

I love in this movie that they reference The Rock being all glossy in the last movie. Hide your baby oil, everyone!

• Like 1

The fight between the Asian guy on Shaw's team and Han and Tyrese was real good also because it broke that stereotype of all Asian dudes knowing martial arts. Han was just throwing regular punches and getting his ass handed to him. I saw this with a friend and later we both commented on this fact. We were both thinking, "Damn, when is Han gonna break out his karate?" during the scene.

• Like 1

I honestly think that this movie is a version of "Saints Row" of action movies, if you know that game. The first game started as a semi-grounded gang warfare game, but each sequel has gotten more and more insane leading up to the upcoming fourth game where the main character is the President of the United States who fights aliens and has superpowers. These movies are great mindless action flicks, but Vin Diesel is a terrible actor. Every time he had that dumb smirk on his face like he just did the world's greatest burn, I wanted to punch him. The comedy wasn't doing anything for me as they seemed like just bland easy jokes.

But the reason I was watching the movie, the action, was top notch. The only unfortunate thing was that they showed the FUCKING ENDING in every trailer. Also, how many people were fucking crushed by that tank? That was a sociopathic level of murder on a grand scale. Giselle's death was shocking as she didn't have to die, she has shown to be a fantastic shot, but when she lets go of the car to sacrifice herself and shoot the guy trying to get Han, she shot with her free hand so she could have held onto Han and just fired over him.

And how bad must it suck for the Brazilian cop to have been in a pretty serious relationship with Dom, but he throws her away like garbage for the chick who shot him because of his numerous talks of "family." And why the fuck would those guys give up their awesome lives in Spain with fucking mansions overlooking the ocean for a rundown shitty house in East LA? That just made me angry.

• Like 1

The fight between the Asian guy on Shaw's team and Han and Tyrese was real good also because it broke that stereotype of all Asian dudes knowing martial arts. Han was just throwing regular punches and getting his ass handed to him. I saw this with a friend and later we both commented on this fact. We were both thinking, "Damn, when is Han gonna break out his karate?" during the scene.

But then they reinforce another stereotype when he defeats him with his superior math skills. Or not. Pffft, math in a "Fast and Furious" movie. Yeah, right...

• Like 1

Oh yeah, Rock's stunt double in a lot of his films is his COUSIN, who like Gina Corrano was ALSO an American Gladiator!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0715708/

Holy shit, guys! If you ever man the fuck up, face your fears and do "Southland Tales", get this dude! Aside from all the Rock stuff, he's also done a lot of other stuff that'd be awesome to talk about!

• Like 1

Oh yeah, Rock's stunt double in a lot of his films is his COUSIN, who like Gina Corrano was ALSO an American Gladiator!

Holy shit, guys! If you ever man the fuck up, face your fears and do "Southland Tales", get this dude! Aside from all the Rock stuff, he's also done a lot of other stuff that'd be awesome to talk about!

Damn, everyone in that family is huge. His grandaddy was huge. His daddy was huge. They must have been the biggest bullies on the block growing up. Cause what could anyone do? If you're a kid and go get your dad to talk to young Dwayne Johnson, then Dwayne Johnson's daddy -- a pro wrestler -- will just suplex the shit the out of your dad and you.

Edited by Shariq Torres
  • Like 1

That was the most boring part of the movie when they were all sitting out the table doing physics equations to make the cars take turns better.

I honestly think that this movie is a version of "Saints Row" of action movies, if you know that game. The first game started as a semi-grounded gang warfare game, but each sequel has gotten more and more insane leading up to the upcoming fourth game where the main character is the President of the United States who fights aliens and has superpowers. These movies are great mindless action flicks, but Vin Diesel is a terrible actor. Every time he had that dumb smirk on his face like he just did the world's greatest burn, I wanted to punch him. The comedy wasn't doing anything for me as they seemed like just bland easy jokes.

But the reason I was watching the movie, the action, was top notch. The only unfortunate thing was that they showed the FUCKING ENDING in every trailer. Also, how many people were fucking crushed by that tank? That was a sociopathic level of murder on a grand scale. Giselle's death was shocking as she didn't have to die, she has shown to be a fantastic shot, but when she lets go of the car to sacrifice herself and shoot the guy trying to get Han, she shot with her free hand so she could have held onto Han and just fired over him.

And how bad must it suck for the Brazilian cop to have been in a pretty serious relationship with Dom, but he throws her away like garbage for the chick who shot him because of his numerous talks of "family." And why the fuck would those guys give up their awesome lives in Spain with fucking mansions overlooking the ocean for a rundown shitty house in East LA? That just made me angry.

The only part that was not satisfying was how the relationship with the Brazilian cop was handled. That was bullshit. Yeah, she's gonna be jealous and angry that you pushed her to the side for this other woman, no matter the circumstances. If they wanted to make this a great movie, they would have had her cussing his ass out in Portuguese and bring her back in FF7 as a bad guy because Dom spurned her.

The only part that was not satisfying was how the relationship with the Brazilian cop was handled. That was bullshit. Yeah, she's gonna be jealous and angry that you pushed her to the side for this other woman, no matter the circumstances. If they wanted to make this a great movie, they would have had her cussing his out in Portuguese and bring her back in FF7 as a bad guy because Dom spurned her.

That will be the twist for Fast 7, Ian Shaw (Statham) will have her as his "in" to the group to where he was able to kill Han and get in contact with the others. Oh and did anyone else notice that they did the same thing that they had done with Fast 5 where to establish that they were in Brazil they constantly showed the giant Jesus statue, but for England they showed that giant Ferris Wheel?

When Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson was asked for authorization, I think his sidekick handed over some paperwork.

Ah, that crumpled piece of paper. Forgot about that. I was too caught up in Hobbs violating laws, human rights, and physics to get what he wanted and never facing any consequences. Hobbs is kind of like the antithesis of Marion Cobretti. Cobra basically does everything by the book but is treated like some renegade psychopath. Hobbs is a renegade psychopath, but he gets results you stupid chief!

• Like 2