🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
RyanSz

Smokin' Aces (2006)

Now while this movie is a decent action/crime movie and it's prequel Assassin's Ball is crazier, I'm nominating it for how insane it is with the giant cast that it has. Ben Affleck, Jeremy Piven, Common, Jason Bateman, Pete Berg, Ray Liotta, Andy Garcia, Ryan Reynolds, Alicia Keys, Chris Pine, Tarji P. Henson, Joel Edgerton, and Booger, are just a few of the names in this movie that has no many oddball things going on that my head as spinning, and I love this movie.

You have Jason Bateman as lawyer with herpes on his mouth who spends his whole role in a hotel room with furry costumes and wearing women's panties, a coked out Jeremy Piven having a monologue about the difficulty of cleaning jizz out of a coat, and Alica Keys having a plan to catch Piven involving pussy. There are a enough unnecessary twists and hooker fights to make this a worthy episode and would love to hear how crazy Joe Carnahan was while filming this.

What's even better is they promoted the movie as being made by the guys who did Four Weddings and a Funeral, Notting Hill, and Bridget Jones' Diary, and that this movie was nothing like those.

As I was rewatching it while writing the recommendation I saw the kid with an eyepatch who does karate and gets Ritalin boners, Jason would go apeshit over this!

• Like 1

What's even better is they promoted the movie as being made by the guys who did Four Weddings and a Funeral, Notting Hill, and Bridget Jones' Diary, and that this movie was nothing like those.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoe4q3u9qHA

To be fair, that's the joke. It's not like it was a weird crazy decision.

Could make for a good Crank-type episode. Anyone else scene the movie to confirm of deny?

• Like 1

I was thoroughly entertained with the first 25-ish minutes of this movie. From there the story gets too adventurous for its own good and gets downright convoluted. It would work as an action/heist movie but after an hour, there's almost no story anymore, just gratuitous death scenes. There's so much plot twist they completely abandon everything that set up the movie.

I agree that the crew would make this into a good episode just to break down the story that becomes no story, and the oddball scenes in-between (like the aforementioned kid on Ritalin) would be a bonus.

Sign in to follow this