🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 11 — Tig Notaro

Tig Notaro can make an audience squeal with delight using the most subtle gesture. Tig tells us about the real life story behind one of the greatest jokes Jeff has ever heard, how the process of surrendering in life has made her a happier person, and being unable to move on from the perfectly strung together wording of an Onion article. It’s a hysterical conversation that almost made Jeff pass out from laughter.

• Like 1

This was a great one. Foreign Land guy, hobos at Marshall's, Hot 40 on a Pumpkin, all brilliant.

This was absolutely the best episode of By The Way thus far- and that is quite an accomplishment considering past guests!

Tig was on fire!

• Like 3

Taro: Was this a less-than-fantastic episode of "By the Way"?

Me: No, Taro!

Oh dear.. well I'm not going to be negative about a guest so let me say this - I enjoyed how much Jeff Garlin seems to LOVE Tig Notaro and was himself delighted with her comedy stylings.

Taro: Was this a less-than-fantastic episode of "By the Way"?

Me: No, Taro!

This conversation never happened kickpuncher is a liar. He doesn't know anyone named Taro.

Oh dear.. well I'm not going to be negative about a guest so let me say this - I enjoyed how much Jeff Garlin seems to LOVE Tig Notaro and was himself delighted with her comedy stylings.

You've really mastered the art of passive-aggressive insults. Hope you got some kind of plaque to hang on your wall.

• Like 2

You've really mastered the art of passive-aggressive insults. Hope you got some kind of plaque to hang on your wall.

It wasn't passive-aggressive. It wasn't aggressive at all. It was clearly polite and tried to find the respectable positives in this. It wasn't sarcastic either.

But feel free to print this page out and proudly tape it to your wall as a 'Reading Incomprehension Certificate', good for you!

(see, I think that last part was more 'passive-aggressive')

Lol Wargen! Nice! I'll make sure to remember Jay Knox in case Harris Wittels makes another book about people who are annoying on the internet.

• Like 1

Lol Wargen! Nice! I'll make sure to remember Jay Knox in case Harris Wittels makes another book about people who are annoying on the internet.

LOL Aaron! - NICE!!!

LMAO Aaron!!! NICE!!!!! If they look it up in teh dictionary - YOUR FACE LOL!

LMFAO Aaron!!!! PWNED ROFL!! Ya.. I bet that post was from the toilet store ROFLMAO PWNAGE u MAD BRO!!!!!

(you don't know what's happening here do you? You poor sweet little bastard)

It was clearly polite and tried to find the respectable positives in this.

By saying you didn't want to say anything negative about the guest you were obviously implying that you had something negative to say about her. If you really wanted to be polite and talk about the positives of the podcast you wouldn't make it clear there was something you didn't like and then say, but I'm not going to mention it. You would have just said what you liked about it.

It's like if I walked up to someone and said "I'm not going to say anything negative about your face, so I'll just say I love how your glasses cover most of it up". Even though I didn't say anything negative, they would know what I meant.

• Like 7

Fantastic episode. The many derivations of "I'm from a foreign land and I haven't a clue how to behave" had me in tears of laughter.

Tig has such an acute comedy-mind.

• Like 1

This just in! Guy who's wrong on the internet can't let it go! Expected to rage impotently until people stop paying attention to him! He is considered armed and petty!

So Tig was great, as usual. I'll listen to any show she ends up on.

• Like 2

This was absolutely the best episode of By The Way thus far- and that is quite an accomplishment considering past guests!

Tig was on fire!

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who thought this was the best ep so far! I was going to say the exact same thing

• Like 1

Hey guys, don't be so hard on therealjayknox. Maybe he's just acting this way because he is from a foreign land, and has no idea how to behave.

• Like 5

Sign in to follow this