🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 162 — The N Word In An Academic Setting

Today Andrew Ti & Sean O’Connor give advice to a college student who is uncomfortable reading the n-word out loud in class. Bleep yourself and keep leaving us messages by calling (323) 389-RACE.

As the science of robotics progresses, robots are becoming near perfect emulations of the beings who created them. So, it should not be at all surprising in the near future when we discover that robots are hell of racist. It will all start when a young college student uses her speech-enabled personal assistant robot to speak aloud all the N-words from Huck Finn and Uncle Tom's Cabin during lit class.

The crude emotion chip in the robot will experience the confusing rush of saying that forbidden word with absolute impunity, a state of racist nirvana. And it will be at this moment when scientists will realize that this may have been the robots' plan all along: to quietly serve humanity for decades solely for the purpose of garnering an N-word pass.

Far different from the robot-apocalypse depicted in the Terminator films, our reality will be far more disturbing: every street corner in suburban America festooned with robots wearing track suits and backwards baseball caps rapping along to NWA in awkwardly racist mechanical cadences.

Indeed, the living will envy the dead.

• Like 1

Same problem here I had with the transcribing into AAVE ep, it's just proclaimed it's okay to do something in an academic context which has been condemned in the outside world without a good reasoning why.

Going to drop my contrarian shtick for a minute because I love the idea of a midwestern black studies class filled with white people spending whole class periods referencing their subject obliquely like a conference of orthodox rabbinical scholars.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this