🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 149 — C’mon Big Man!

Remarkable improviser Chris Tallman swings by the calming shores to share tales of his Thailand hijinks on today’s Sklarbro Country! Chris tells us about his early beginnings with his sketch group The Bert Fershners, training at a gym with a very intense Denzel Washington, and the amazing experience of traveling to Thailand with Christian Bale as part of a Werner Herzog film. We then receive a call from Tiger Woods to hear his side of the Sergio Garcia controversy. People of Chicago, if you’re listening to this on the day this episode drops come see Randy & Jason perform stand-up tonight (Friday, May 31st) & tomorrow (Saturday, June 1st) at the UP Comedy Club!

I actually enjoyed them starting to read the same story again in quick hits with Chris there, and then correcting themselves, getting it together, and not editing it out. I find it humanizing, For a second I thought my podcast was screwing up.

• Like 1

I actually enjoyed them starting to read the same story again in quick hits with Chris there, and then correcting themselves, getting it together, and not editing it out. I find it humanizing, For a second I thought my podcast was screwing up.

I agree. When they first started getting into that story for a second time, it briefly caused me to question my sanity and wonder whether the first version that I remembered hearing earlier was actually the result of some sort of delirious, prescient fever-dream, but no, it seems that all is right with the world.

• Like 1

It kind of makes me sad that 'Rescue Dawn' is such an obscure movie that the Sklars had never heard of it. Maybe they were, like Christian Bale at the time, brand new dads and so were just not aware of it at the time? My barometer for how popular or well-know pop-culture stuff is has always been pretty inaccurate, so if anyone here is interested, 'Rescue Dawn' is indeed a pretty great movie. The documentary about the true story behind the escape, 'Little Dieter Needs to Fly' (also directed by Herzog), is also excellent. So yeah, if you saw 'Grizzly Man' or any of Herzog's other documentaries and enjoyed them, definitely check out 'Little Dieter.' If you are a fan of Christian Bale or survival movies in general, definitely check out 'Rescue Dawn.' I recommend both.

• Like 1

I was also really surprised when they asked if it had come out yet, and then acted like it was some super-obscure direct-to-DVD movie or something. I've heard a lot of good things about it and have always wanted to see it, but have yet to get around to it.

I was really hoping that two different MMA fighters were suing the same sex gel company for ruining their dicks.

Sign in to follow this