🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 63.5 — Minisode 63.5

What have you done? We’re watching the sci-fi Will & Jaden Smith film directed by M. Night Shyamalan because you told us to and we suggest you don’t (unless you really want to). Also, Paul gets into some of the many Corrections & Omissions for Fast & Furious 6 and tells us whether the Fast and Furious crew or the Expendables would prevail in a battle against each other. Attention Austin Texas, join Paul, Martin Starr, and Brandon Johnson for a NTSF:SD:SUV:: Mini Marathon featuring a ton of special surprises on Friday, June 7th at the Alamo Drafthouse! Click here for tickets.

Since they're doing After Earth, because apparently everybody has been requesting it and not because it's an M. Night film, and the announcement of Howard The Duck as the live show, without any mention of The Happening, I guess we have our answer. I'm guessing it's because of Zooey's role in it that they don't want to do it.

I'm not sure how many people have requested After Earth, but I do know 2000 requested The Happening, 700 more than Howard The Duck.

Obviously not a huge deal, just hope in the future the they'll do an episode on the winner of the polls.

• Like 2

I don't know if I can will myself to see that movie. I promised myself that I Robot was the last bad movie Will Smith would lure me into...and then I saw I am Legend...but the promise is back on! Also, If The Happening is off limits, Lady in the Water is just about as bad.

Im allergic to grapes, so fuck raisins. Also, fuck this movie. I don't think I will be giving anyone legal U.S. tender to see this "film"

EDIT: Still looking forward to this episode. Jason's inevitable melt-down will still be glorious.

I read in a review that this movie is the equivalent of Will Smith playing a video game in which he controls his son...

YIKES!

Since they're doing After Earth, because apparently everybody has been requesting it and not because it's an M. Night film, and the announcement of Howard The Duck as the live show, without any mention of The Happening, I guess we have our answer. I'm guessing it's because of Zooey's role in it that they don't want to do it.

I'm not sure how many people have requested After Earth, but I do know 2000 requested The Happening, 700 more than Howard The Duck.

Obviously not a huge deal, just hope in the future the they'll do an episode on the winner of the polls.

All they have to do is say that they are scared of Mark Wahlberg, but leaving us sitting and waiting for the Happening to happen is not fun.

• Like 1

Ahh man, this honestly bums me out. I saw this yesterday and it's just so-so and kinda boring, not wacky wackadoo crazy. And I don't want to get ya down Paul, but there is no twist. It's just a super simplistic father/son story with sprinkles of nonsense.

Oh man, I'm not going to see this movie. No chance. But any time I think of this movie, all I can picture is this song playing over the closing credits:

• Like 2

I told myself the only way I'd ever watch this movie is if they did a HDTGM for it. Did Will Smith pay you guys money because he wanted to double the box office sales by getting the HDTGM audience?

• Like 2

Yeah, let me reiterate as someone who did pay to see this - don't. I'm sure the ep will be fun because our beloved trio makes everything fun, but don't spend money on AE. Go see Star Trek or FF6.

• Like 5

Oh, fuck no. No no no no no no no no no. No.

As for Happening-gate, just be upfront with us, Paul. You aren't doing it because June was on New Girl and Zooey is still friends with M. Night, and that The Smurfs episode was taken down because Jayma Mays was on The League. Multi-Episode guest appearances strike again.

Guys, I'd like to talk to you about the fantastic drag-and-drop website creator called Squarespace!

• Like 1

genuinely feeling a lot of pleasure over how conspiratorial the posts about not doing the happening are getting

• Like 3

You guys, the conspiracy here is OBVIOUSLY a podcast rivalry between Sklarbro Country and HDTGM, since Mark Wahlberg makes his weekly calls to the latter, the Sklars are pulling their twin strings to prevent anyone at Earworlf from rustling any of Marky Mark's well-oiled pectoral feathers.

• Like 4

After Earth? More like AfterBirth! BOOM! Everybody see what I did there? Seriously tohugh, if this joke isn't used at least once I will be sorely disappointed.

• Like 2

They could just do The Happening under assumed names. No one can trace it to them, no friends insulted, problem solved.

"This week is hosted by Paul Schmear, Jane David Michaelangelo, and a random minority actor." SNEAKY!

• Like 4

Between his weird mustache and his terrible accent, I was totally embarrassed for Jaden.

This performance makes Sofia Coppola in Godfather 3 look positively Oscar-worthy by comparison. Her mustache was also better.

• Like 4

Ahh man, this honestly bums me out. I saw this yesterday and it's just so-so and kinda boring, not wacky wackadoo crazy. And I don't want to get ya down Paul, but there is no twist. It's just a super simplistic father/son story with sprinkles of nonsense.

Yeah, you and Shannon's thoughts on the movie were the first things that came to mind when I first listened to this. Although, as you said, I'm sure it will still be a good episode.

Holy shit, tell me this was premature speculation: http://www.imdb.com/...2946/?ref_=sr_2

I've read that during promotion for the movie they distributed pages and pages of backstory for the After Earth universe, so they definitely had plans for a franchise.

I also wouldn't completely rule out a sequel either. Although it's bombed here, there's a good chance it could make a ton of money overseas, like The Last Airbender and all of Will Smiths movies. And even if it just barely makes a profit I could see Will, whose company produced it, wanting to make another one to prove all the naysayers wrong.

I would actually be surprised if there's not a sequel eventually, Will Smith's ego is way to big to just let it go.

Sign in to follow this