🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 168 — Black Republicans

Andrew Ti and Javi Grillo-Marxuach explain why it’s not right to call Black Republicans or anyone an “Uncle Tom.” As always, leave us a message about anything you think is racist at (323) 389-RACE.

I think criticism of black conservatives for their politics is fair game, but the way some white liberals go about it makes me extremely uncomfortable. The rhetoric about Clarence Thomas in particular. He's often described as stupid, lazy, an affirmative action hire, Scalia's lapdog, etc. It's like they are venting their pent up racism at a target they know is safe.

• Like 1

I think criticism of black conservatives for their politics is fair game, but the way some white liberals go about it makes me extremely uncomfortable. The rhetoric about Clarence Thomas in particular. He's often described as stupid, lazy, an affirmative action hire, Scalia's lapdog, etc. It's like they are venting their pent up racism at a target they know is safe.

Shitting on people of color is a favorite pastime of both liberals and conservatives.

Sign in to follow this