🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 223 — Roll Over, Seth Rogen

The legendary Seth Rogen and his infectious laugh join Scott for the first time in Comedy Bang Bang history! Seth shares stories from the set of “Superbad”, discusses weird Kirk Cameron movies and clues us in on the origin of his hilarious directorial debut THIS IS THE END, which opens in theaters nationwide this Wednesday. Seth also takes questions from Twitter, revealing his controversial opinion on kale and the tragic story behind his love of pepperoni pizza. Will Scott make Seth cry in this grueling, WTF-style interview or will their game of Fart, Mary, Kiss ease the tension? Listen and find out!

This was good, it wasn't Gary/Gilly good, or Buddy/Andy good, but I liked the slew of games.

Also, of all the press I've seen or heard about This is the End, nothing has gotten me interested in seeing this movie until this show. It sounds really good and I'm getting excited to see it.

• Like 2

Felt like the podcast soup needed some character comedian spice, but it was still pretty funny. I think Marc MaRON is better at Marc MaRON style interviews than Scott.

(I feel really self conscious because I get pissed at another commenter for being negative about an episode. Hopefully this is kind of constructive, though.)

Hulu Plus ad right after a chat about Netflix getting the rights to the movie streaming? You're getting fired for that one, Harry Crane.

• Like 5

I like the more conversational episodes once in a while. The zany character episodes are always going to be my favorite, but it's nice to break up the routine every now and then and have something different.

• Like 3

I listen to CBB for the characters and laughs. If I wanted to listen to an interview that was solely happening to plug an upcoming movie I could listen to about 25 other podcasts, or watch late night interview shows.

There were a few laughs, and I didn't hate the episode, but I hope this is isn't a recurring trend for CBB.

1 hour 4 minutes and 30 seconds into the podcast, Scott says "my wife" without saying "mah wiife!" Come on Scott I expect better...

I was sitting listening to this all grumpy, like "Why aren't they being funny?! This is just a straight interview!", but then I figured "Hey, this is actually a pretty good light-hearted interview, it doesn't have to be improv/characters all the time". So... I laaike (my waaife)!

• Like 2

The clear bridge between "Microphone" and "Pineapple" is Telefrancais, yes? Ananas always had that goofy microphone.

tumblr_lrp4ye0Xpr1qh82ajo1_400.gif

• Like 2

FINALLY!! what am i thinking? i tweeted choctaw to consider playing this on a live vpn episode but this is perfect too! great great interview really pumped for the movie! amazing plugs song

I agree that the straight interview shows might not be quite as fun, but Seth is an affable guy so this one was great to listen to.

Although, I'll probably skip the real WTF today because it also features Seth. I think this CBB ep gave me a full enough picture of the movie.

I particularly enjoyed the moment when Saucerman and Seth got their wires crossed on the Cameo and The Band references.

This was good but it gets a bit slow at times and the plethora of games (that's right, I said plethora) only make that even more evident. I mean, WYR without competition? Even Saucerman himself acknowledges that's it is unusual... I was wishing open door policy would work its wonder and a surprise guest would interrupt this intimate one-on-one, ala Patton Oswalt. Still pretty good but as someone mentioned earlier, more like a b-b-b-bonus ep.

P.S. I saw the previous one on YouTube so it wasn't really new when it came out... Withdrawal syndrome is kicking in...

I've missed the non WYR games, they really have become a rare thing in the past 6-12 months. And I do like the idea of a VPN what am I thinking. Also, did I misunderstand or was Brian Huskey supposed to be the second guest? I thought Scott mentioned he had his flight delayed so he couldn't show up, which would alleviate people's concern about the 1 guest thing happening again.

• Like 1