🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 64 — After Earth

Wow Paul F. has lost a lot of weight! Yet with that mustache he still looks like a Ukrainian landlord.

"I spit on your spit!"

Are you being meta? Like he's dropped the Cake Boss weight? I didn't realize he was chubby or anything.

Maybe he just hasn't seen PFT since his Mr Show days?

If there was any doubt this movie was another ad for Scientology...

Battlefield Earth

In the far future, aliens invaded and almost wiped out humans who must go to education centers where devices open up their minds to methods on defeating aliens and free themselves.

After Earth

In the far future, aliens invaded and almost wiped out humans who must learn to discard all emotions that make them human and turn into emotionless robots.

They're doing terrible jobs of ghosting.

enhanced-buzz-1302-1377488648-13.jpg

So I'm maybe a few minutes into this movie and I've discovered a few things you missed. Like one of the first thing Jayden says in his voice over is that they left earth 1000 years ago. So that would explain why earth had changed so much. Secondly, it's not an English accent. I swear to bajeebus I think they all sound like southern gentlemen... Kind of like a subdued Foghorn Leghorn... Except for the rangers in the cargo hold with the alien... They sound like Bono doing a bad southern accent.

I watched this last night and tried to view it with an open mind. Whenever I watch a movie that they do, I recognize that there's a possibility that they hype up some of the bad elements for the purpose of comedy but wow was this bad. This movie felt like it was put together by a 14yr old trying to think of things that would be "cool" without regard as to whether or not they are part of a coherent story. I genuinely can't believe that this movie was written by adults!

So I'm maybe a few minutes into this movie and I've discovered a few things you missed. Like one of the first thing Jayden says in his voice over is that they left earth 1000 years ago. So that would explain why earth had changed so much.

Evolution generally doesn't work that fast to produce such drastically different species. Human beings, for example, took millions of years to go from apes to homo sapiens.

Secondly, it's not an English accent. I swear to bajeebus I think they all sound like southern gentlemen... Kind of like a subdued Foghorn Leghorn... Except for the rangers in the cargo hold with the alien... They sound like Bono doing a bad southern accent.

It was occasionally the southern genteel "a" with an "r" pronounced as "w" (like some lisps). My problem with this was oddly the opposite of the other problem with evolution, that the accents weren't evolved enough. Language, unlike genetics evolves pretty quickly, look at how different Shakespeare looks from modern English. They should have either gone waaaaay over the top with the evolution of language (ala Cloud Atlas) or kept it as it is now.

So a friend of mine sent me this link to a Jaden

. It's BANANAS and I wanted to share it here.

I made this teaser pic for yall

12195761_10101115144798585_6751527253013651024_n.jpg?oh=5e024f6cbe371260979ec9459f37dc98&oe=571E11AB

So a friend of mine sent me this link to a Jaden

. It's BANANAS and I wanted to share it here.

I made this teaser pic for yall

12195761_10101115144798585_6751527253013651024_n.jpg?oh=5e024f6cbe371260979ec9459f37dc98&oe=571E11AB

Reading that made me feel two different things,

First:

1238157980_scanners_-_head_explosion.gif

Then:elndqd7.gif

Then you'll love this other quote from Willow smith (from vulture article which i did not get passed the opening paragraph, http://www.vulture.c...recocious.html#)

'About a year ago, in a now-legendary T magazine interview, then-14-year-old Willow Smith was asked about her conception of time. “I mean, time for me, I can make it go slow or fast, however I please,” she answered, “and that’s how I know it doesn’t exist.”'

The smith spawn were born of some unholy ritual, I'm sure. I believe they will either grow to be christ-like saviors or else be the downfall of civilization.

I, for one, welcome our new time-slipping overlords

Just listened to this episode so forgive me if someone already pointed this out. Someone (maybe Jason) mentioned that this movie reminded them of Battlefield Earth while they were discussing scientology. The funny thing is that Battlefield Earth is based on a novel that L. Ron Hubbard (the founder of scientology) wrote. Also, John Travolta is a prolific scientologist... the world is weird.

In the video Will Smith, Jaden and other family members hike up a volcano then at the end if the video talk about fear... Some meta stuff right there...

• Like 2