🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 40 — Boy, Am I Glued!

Get ready for a raucous good time as Jake welcomes Julie Klausner, Jon Hendren, and Shelby Fero to a live edition of the Fogelnest Files! Recorded at the UCB theatre, Jake and his guests dive into Rick Dees and his disco duck, the sensual music of Peter Lemongello, and a man in a diaper gluing himself to a chair. That last one really happened! Shelby offends everyone with her youth, Jon and Jake discuss their twitter rivalry, and then they all talk about "The Game" and the pickup artist community. Remember, a bonus Fogelnest Files episode about Vine on Tuesday AND a live Video Podcast Network episode streaming Thursday at 9pm EST / 6pm PST on YouTube.com/Earwolf

That cloud video and his narration of "cloud, become a square shaped cloud" over and over again in that voice is probably my new favorite thing. Thank you for that Jake, so amazing.

• Like 1

Jake Fogelnest saying the words "Fuck 9/11, this is important!" in regard to "We Didn't Star the Fire" a public forum delights me to no end.

On the eagle video, Shelby said "there's a tiny chart inside the egg." Was that a Hooch reference?

Awesome episode. I would love an alternate version of TFF in which Shelby was a co-host in a sort of cross-generational copy of Analyze Phish.

• Like 2

This podcast taps into everything i hold dear and introduces me to new and old wonders thank you!! great fucking episode and guests like always!

On the eagle video, Shelby said "there's a tiny chart inside the egg." Was that a Hooch reference?

Exactly my thoughts, Kickpuncher!

When I was a tween/teen, I could pull in a radio station that did 5 hours of Seventies music every Saturday night and they would ALWAYS play Disco Duck. I didn't know "the cast of idiots" made it to Midnight Special though, wild. That's not one they plug when they're trying to sell you the Midnight Special DVDs on that invomercial.

I came to the realization during the podcast that I've never actually heard the song Disco Duck. As a child of the 70s, I certainly thought I'd heard Disco Duck. All I'd previously heard was just little snippet of chorus, and I think I knew that only from sheer repetition in K-tel compilation commercials.

Great episode, Jake. My favorites tend to be the one-on-one, slightly geekier eps not in front of an audience, but thus one was a whole lot of fun and there was great chemistry among all involved.

That cloud video and his narration of "cloud, become a square shaped cloud" over and over again in that voice is probably my new favorite thing. Thank you for that Jake, so amazing.

I felt like that dude was trying to bully the cloud, using mockery. He was mocking the way that clouds talk. It was borderline offensive. We all know what clouds sound like when they talk, right? The cloud psychic dude sounded kinda like that, but adding some exaggerated meanness in his imitation of the cloud's speaking voice. The cloud was a little bit intimidated by the mean psychic ... but not quite intimidated enough to fully become a square shape. That's the dynamic I sensed while watching this video. Others may see it differently.

• Like 3

I'm pretty sure the lead "singer" of Streetband is Paul Young, he of 'Come Back and Stay' and 'Every Time You Go Away' fame.

I'm pretty sure the lead "singer" of Streetband is Paul Young, he of 'Come Back and Stay' and 'Every Time You Go Away' fame.

IT IS!

• Like 1

Great Podcast- Doug Bonar

and thanks for reading my comment!