🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 225 — Super Chums

I really, really want to sit down with Aukerman and nerd out on comic books. When he recognized Andreyko as the writer of Manhunter, I wanted to high five my laptop. Plus, I think there was a Firestorm reference a few eps back. I hope Killam's comic is better than that one Hader and Seth Myers did.

Right? Any time I hear Scott make comic book references it makes me happy. I remember him referring to the podcast as the "616" version of Comedy Bang Bang, which means nothing if you don't read comics. I love those little nerdy things.

• Like 1

Hilarious episode! Hope to see more of these guys on future ones. :)

I always enjoy the comic book references made by Scott and Co. on this and other podcasts. Like the fact that Scott and PFT have not once, but TWICE recorded their a cappella duet of the Star Wars Cantina Band song. Once on CBB, and previously on the Doug Loves Movies Tournament of Championships 2 with Scott, PFT and Samm Levine (***UPDATE*** I AM WRONG! Paul and Scott don't sing the Cantina Band song on the DLM:ToC2 episode. SHoot! I've been spreading misinformation. Where did they do that before? I know it's been sung twice, but not where).

In case anyone hasn't heard it, on that DLM ToC special, Scott and PFT also decide to 'Marvel Team-Up' against Samm, with Scott proclaiming he is The Thing, and PFT takes on the Silver Surfer, to which Scott responds:

"Hey, Chrome Dome!"

"Creature called The Thing, you do not understand. (Is that how he talked?)"

"Oh, Norrin Radd."

"Uh oh! Galactus!"

So good.

(#GhostCatchers)

Man did SNL under-utilize Paul Brittain, he fricken killed it here! Lon Smudge should team up with Gil Faizon and George St. Geegland...it'd be a match in too much tuna heaven

• Like 2

Man did SNL under-utilize Paul Brittain, he fricken killed it here! Lon Smudge should team up with Gil Faizon and George St. Geegland...it'd be a match in too much tuna heaven

That's just too much tuna.

Taran Killam and Paul Brittain turned out to be my favorite first-timers ever. Paul especially was awesome. Both complimented each others very opposite energy.

Favorite part was quoting of Splinter. "Do you have a father, Danny?"

• Like 1

"For Glinishmore" (sp) is what one of the character's on Brian Posehn's Nerd Poker says as a catchphrase/battlecry. Oh Scott, get to know your network..

When I heard Scott not knowing what Glinishmmore was, I knew someone would comment on it. Sir Richard is preparing his Bahamut powered light glove, to strike down Scott for his lack of knowledge...

Sign in to follow this