Episode 86 — Shane & Friends with Matt Besser

39 replies to this topic

#1 July Diaz

Earwolf Buddy

• Administrators
  • 1,711 posts
  • LocationUnder a roof

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:12 PM

Improvisers Lennon Parham, Danielle Schneider, and Pamela Murphy bring the lady energy on this week’s improv4humans! They’ll deal with an obnoxious Arby’s customer, help support awkward loners, run into Lucifer in the woods, and ask themselves what exactly is a YouTube star. Be sure to pick up an improv4humans shirt from the Earwolf Store and follow @MattBesser on Twitter to send in your improv suggestions. Music by Bobby Matthews and Dragoon. You can also now get Matt Besser’s new comedy album “Woo Pig Sooie: Comedy for Atheists” at mattbesser.com and Dragoon’s new album “This Galaxy Is But A Nursery” at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com!

#2 Gym Sockerman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:41 AM

Another week with a stellar guest lineup.

#3 RicketyCricket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:20 AM

Besser your show is KILLING it lately, pretty much the best show on Earwolf for several weeks running! Keep it up! And your comments on Yo Is This Racist were spot on...fuckin hypocrites

#4 MattCameron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:34 AM

THIS EPISODE IS COMPLETELY REVERSE MYSOGINISTIC!

Maybe that can fire up this message board. I loved today's episode. Everyone was killing it.

#5 Nicolas Rage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationSheffield, United Kingdom

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:43 AM

i really liked the image of Satan standing awkwardly in his dorm room in god school. The callback felt sort of forced, but that just made it more funny.

#6 unraptured

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:01 AM

Lennon's college paper story is like a Lifetime movie (which is to say, she should be working with Jess St. C on a treatment)

#7 Kristopher Mills

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:38 AM

Hey Matt, the best part of the Dunkin' donuts video is at the end when she calls them sand niggers and blames them for 9/11.

#8 MattCameron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:04 AM

Second listen and even better. This episode was so boot (mixture of bear and boot).

#9 Memphish_Boognish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:07 AM

The first skit they did on the live show based off of my suggestion (towel) was amazing, but it wasn't on this episode. I'm guessing it will be on a bonus episode this Tuesday

#10 bigicecream

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:17 AM

Looks like Indiana is the new Mississippi!

#11 Bruce Reid Robinson II

No good, two-bit, hippy womanizer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • LocationAny farm in Oregon

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:17 AM

This was a great VPN. It had been a while since Danielle made an appearance. Her enthusiasm is contagious and always makes for louder/sillier bits. I get an inordinate amount of pleasure from watching these scenes live and laughing at the YouTube comments from the Earwolf staff.
Me IRL

"My name is Bruce. I fuck with viruses. I pull potatahs from the earth with my bare man hands. My beanie and five o clock shadow make me look like a longshoreman. And I can chill harder than a motherfucker."

#12 semicolonoscopy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:01 AM

Ahaha, I grew up in Evansville. I never visited The Amazing She Lounge, or any of Evansville's other fine strip clubs, so I can't comment on the no nudity rules. Also, my guess is Lennon went to UE, which has a Hooters not too far away.

#13 Syme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:34 AM

View PostMattCameron, on 20 June 2013 - 05:34 AM, said:

THIS EPISODE IS COMPLETELY REVERSE MYSOGINISTIC!

Maybe that can fire up this message board. I loved today's episode. Everyone was killing it.

I do like that we've had all female line-ups on the show (apart from Matt of course) with no need to address the fact that it's an all female line-up. Which I guess I've just done. Anyway it was another great episode.

#14 FUCK!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:52 AM

I haven't watched it, but if it was real, why would the kid getting caught let it get on the internet? Why wouldn't he just delete it?

#15 Michael Wo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:06 PM

View PostFUCK!, on 20 June 2013 - 09:52 AM, said:

I haven't watched it, but if it was real, why would the kid getting caught let it get on the internet? Why wouldn't he just delete it?

Yeah, that's the tipoff that it's fake, but I don't mind if the resulting I4H is this good.

#16 Michael Wo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:28 PM

Also, this:

"Feel nature's bounty on your soft palm!"

Heheh.

#17 KajusX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:32 PM

Great episode! I was hoping to catch this live, but the Earwolf VPN shows on Thursdays air right in the middle of my workday, and unless I time my meal break perfectly I usually miss them.

Throwing tacks at the unsuspecting teenagers and impersonating a yelling bear in the woods?! Amazing.

and just that one 'pigs in tires' line Lennon said in her perfect hick-y accent-- which always makes me grin from ear to ear-- made me go back and re-listen to the Parham/St. Clair/Mantzoukas episode AND bonus episode. So much fun. ROSCO!
Likes: Tomatoes, umbrellas (all kinds), some dogs, most cats

#18 shlobodon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:21 PM

Hi Matt,

I have been a fan for 15 years. Just wanted to say thank you for the show (and your other projects). It keeps me sane at work. Have you ever thought about extending it 3 hours? How about 8 hours? 5 days a week?

Thanks again,
Rob

#19 Jacob C

Stolen by a Mean Crab

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:34 PM

This show has had the most incredible run of any podcast I can think of. It's been months since anything on the show has been less than stellar.

"This is a conflict of interest, I know the other side of this case.
"WHAT OTHER SIDE?"

#20 Brett Morris

Earwolf Engineer

• Administrators
  • 312 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:16 PM

View PostFUCK!, on 20 June 2013 - 09:52 AM, said:

That goes for so much of the Internet though.

It's real. It's just a weird guy who is so obsessed with being the joker, he probably doesn't even realize how cringey that vid is. Here's his youtube page, he's got more vids.
http://www.youtube.c...oLuver63/videos
i'm lead audio engineer at earwolf.

please check out my band scattered suns.

find me on twitter @brettsbrain.