🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Themovieguy12345

Jason goes to Hell

Jason is the mascot for the franchise, so let's make a film where he literally is not in it. Just the beginning and the very fucking end. Still, for some reason I cannot explain I love this movie. I still get chills when Jason actually does show up at the end...

I really liked this movie unironically. It was the part in the franchise where everything that has happened had to be the result of demonic forces, similar to how Freddy Krueger got his powers from three dead flying fish. It seems every major horror franchise has a film like this, Michael Myers had a similar one where some cult was behind his power and Leatherface and his family were working for the Illuminati. Other cliches that horror movies seem to have are the killer having a psychic/physical link to the main protagonist (Nightmare 2, Halloween 4/5), a space movie (Jason X, Leprechaun 4), and a movie and "final film" (Jason goes to Hell, Final Nightmare, Friday the 13th: Final Chapter).

What I also loved about the movie that the directors stated they purposely went for the at that time record for most squibs used in a single scene, which was the posted scene in the beginning.

Got to admit that it is a pretty audacious beginning, beginning your slasher movie with the army blowing him up. But somehow, I imagine that it doesn't get better than that.

While many would point to Friday the 13th movies 7, 8, or 10, as the most laughably bad in the series. Friday 9, titled Jason Goes to Hell, might be the most insane entry for a lot of small things. From Jason as fans recognize him being in the movie only for about 10 minutes to a previously unannounced demonic angle to his powers, there is a lot that could be dissected in this movie. There's also a bounty hunter who threatens a baby with a knife, two cops (played by former LA morning radio hosts Mark & Brian) who are apparently blowing each other in the bathroom, a Jason demon fetus, and a cliffhanger ending that would leave fans waiting for Freddy vs. Jason for a decade. There is a lot of great makeup and special effects in this movie since Greg Nicotero was working on it, but there is a funny scene when an actor is shooting a Jason possessed person and you can clearing see him wearing work goggles to protect himself from the squib being set off in the shot.

Sign in to follow this