🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 134 — Sneak In Tips

The always hilarious Ben Schwartz returns to the studio to ring in the Summah on this weeks WHO CHARTED! Howard recaps his day at Warped Tour and announces the long-awaited release of his new album HAVE ANOTHAH SUMMAH before he and Kulap count down the Billboard Rap chart. Ben explains his Twitter relationship with Macklemore, discusses the merit of Soundcloud and the ever-changing nature of the music industry. Kulap shares the unforgettable tale of her engagement to Scott before getting into the movie chart, and Ben takes credit for the recent onslaught of successful (and unsuccessful) magician movies.

This episode was a damn near perfect Whooch. Great job guys.

One thing I will say is that I am tired of everyone buttering Macklemore's popcorn finger.

I'm sure he and his cohorts are cool dudes and I respect their independent spirit, but that music...Blechh, I just can't get into it. It's got that made-exclusively-for-a-Scion-commercial sound to it.

Other than all that, still havin a summah over here!

• Like 2

i miss the good old days when this show clocked in around 90+ minutes on average. the shows are too damn funny, this included, to be just an hour lately...twooch used to be this long! oh well, still great, ben schwartz is still one of the best podcast guests in history, so i guess i should shut the hell up B)

• Like 1

This episode was a damn near perfect Whooch. Great job guys.

One thing I will say is that I am tired of everyone buttering Macklemore's popcorn finger.

I'm sure he and his cohorts are cool dudes and I respect their independent spirit, but that music...Blechh, I just can't get into it. It's got that made-exclusively-for-a-Scion-commercial sound to it.

Other than all that, still havin a summah over here!

i fully agree, i think that stuff is poop but then again i've always hated over-produced nonsense

• Like 1

Solid, fast-paced episode. Great job, everyone!

One of my favorite recurring Whooch tropes is when Kulap drops some raw sexy talk and Howard reacts with a swift, "Jesus."

I am not a big fan of Macklemore but his Bonnaroo performance was worthy of respect.

One of my favorite recurring Whooch tropes is when Kulap drops some raw sexy talk and Howard reacts with a swift, "Jesus."

Agreed. It's a nice reversal of the morning radio cliche where the male shock jock will say something outrageous and the female cohost will make obligatory tsk-tsk noises.

• Like 3

HOW IS THIS BOARD NOT FREAKING OUT ABOUT HOWARDS NEW ALBUM?!?!? ITS THE FUCKING JAM!!!!!!!!!

great episode, by the way. I love Ben.

• Like 3

AAAHHHH

At work so I don't have enough time to agree with everyone but this cover art is the best thing since that

nhW5v9u.jpg

Seagull in a waterslide is the new Border Collie with a handkerchief. AMAZING.

• Like 2

Great episode!

Howard's tweet about the album being up was literally the first tweet in my timeline after I went to bed last night, and I haven't had a chance to download/listen yet. Going to see World War (A)Z(iz) in a few minutes, but I can't wait to listen when I get home.

Ben Schwartz is very funny and seems like a good guy. I think he's a great improviser and he's really supportive of the people around him. Great show.

• Like 1

I barefoot run! I thought it was some fad until I realized my knees weren't hurting anymore as I galloped around. The trick is to never let your heels touch the ground and just keep on the balls of your feet...

I then broke both my ankles running 7 miles a day doing this but... uhh.. I messed up..

Love Ben Schwartz!

What's more perfect than Ben Scwartz on Whooch?

Howard's Summah Album, that's what?!!?!??!!?

It's freaking insane!

• Like 2

I then broke both my ankles running 7 miles a day doing this but... uhh.. I messed up..

You running people are crazy, I will never understand you types. 7 miles a day! Next level bonkers!

What's more perfect than Ben Scwartz on Whooch?

NOTHING! He is so perfect, it's like he's a third host rather than a guest. The way he just rolls with stuff like making the trailers into what he wants to. "We're being attacked by Zs! When people fall asleep, the Zs come out and pretty soon the world is just full of Zs and there's no room for anything else!"

Ugh Wacklemore

The Seinfeld webseries episode with Carl Reiner and Mel Brooks made me straight up weep from how adorable those two's friendship is.

The only thing about Miley Cyrus I hate is that she clearly thinks she's really good at twerking.

2 things:

1.If Ben Schwartz made trailers, I would see every single movie he made one for

and 2. That "Can I have a Diet Coke in My Sippy Cup" voice was pretty damn accurate, now we need to get Kulap doing voice over work for some cartoon or something.

• Like 1

awwww Ben's "Uncle Boo lives on an airplane" story was so sweet and sad!! It also reminded me of a story Patton Oswalt told on PFT's webshow...

The story starts at 2:20 but the whole episode is great.