Episode 43 — DEATH

6 replies to this topic

#1 July Diaz

Earwolf Buddy

• Administrators
  • 1,521 posts
  • LocationUnder a roof

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:19 PM

Film producer & podcaster Scott Mosier stops by to discuss one of the best rock documentaries ever made, “A Band Called Death.” Scott explains how being a fan of the band Death & opening up a Twitter account early on lead to him getting involved with the making of the documentary. Go to http://abandcalleddeath.com/ to watch the film instantly on VOD and to find out when it comes to a theater near you. If you’re listening to this on the day this drops, come see a special LIVE episode of THE FOGELNEST FILES with special guests Scott Aukerman & Christian Finnegan! Get tickets here.

#2 Ian Gustafson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:18 AM

Such a good documentary/

#3 DubipR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:58 AM

Jake,
Thank you for finally getting Scott Mosier in on the Files. I saw "A Band Called Death" a month ago and gushed over it. I told a few of my international buddies who bought the record and eventually saw the doc. Such a great piece of work. I'm looking forward to seeing the Source Family and Milius as well.

Until the next episode.....

brilliant, man...just brilliant, in case you didn't get the memo!

#4 sauze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:47 AM

Thanks for this ep! Big fan of Moiser and FEAB! Love this record , can't wait for the Doc.

#5 justinmh05

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:44 PM

That Alice Cooper vid was the coolest thing I've ever seen!

#6 Rebecca M.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:50 PM

I had never heard of Death before listening to this podcast. I was blown away, and now I have to see the documentary.

#7 Hot - Slunch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

This is on netflix streaming right now.

I just watched it, and it is fucking great. Damn good music, and a great story full of heart.
Check out my podcast! A friend and I watch an show and do some bits: Applied Nostalgia - 104 - Hangin' With Mr. Cooper