🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Shannon

Episode 228 — Acapella Cuddle Puddle

The immensely talented & hilarious John Hodgman stops by the studio for the first time EVER on today’s Comedy Bang Bang! Scott asks John all the hard-hitting questions and finds out everything you need to know, like where he isn’t from, and John talks about his new Netflix special RAGNAROK which is currently available for streaming. John shares stories from his college years at Yale before accidentally summoning friend of the show Ice-T to the studio. Ice reveals his controversial opinion on the Hobbit films before Scott makes a phone call and gets another favorite guest involved in the conversation.

I've missed Hodgman and PFT's joint appearances on the Best Show since that whole weirdness went down, so it's awesome to see them together on CBB. They were also hilarious together on PFT's recent Dead Authors podcast, for those who enjoy this episode.

• Like 3

Before I even started this episode I just remembered Ice T's "Santer Klantz" bit and started crying laughing.

Thanks for making my Monday!

Seriously can't get enough of that CBB TV episode. Season 1 was great, but this proves that season 2 is going to be off the wall hilarious. Can't wait.

• Like 2

Great episode, Hodgman is the best. Though kinda disappointed that PFT hated on my hometown, then again he's from Philly so its expected.

• Like 1

Only 15min in but hearing PFT laughing in the background at Scott-a-bot and Hodgman's banter is delightful.

• Like 4

Great episode

But why is PFT's pic not on the main page for the episode?

Also if you go to imdb.com you can see the names for the first 10 CBB episodes this season

Andy Samberg Wears a Plaid Shirt and Glasses

S2, Ep1

Jul. 12, 2013

Aziz Ansari Wears a Charcoal Blazer

S2, Ep2

Jul. 19, 2013

Anna Kendrick Wears a Patterned Blouse & Burgundy Pants

S2, Ep3

Jul. 26, 2013

David Cross Wears a Red Polo Shirt & Brown Shoes with Red Laces

S2, Ep4

Aug. 2, 2013

Zoe Saldana Wears a Tan Blouse and Glasses

S2, Ep5

Aug. 9, 2013

Gillian Jacobs Wears a Red Dress with Sail Boats

S2, Ep6

Aug. 16, 2013

Andy Richter Wears a Suit Jacket & a Baby Blue Button Down Shirt

S2, Ep7

Aug. 23, 2013

Sarah Silverman Wears a Black Dress with a White Collar

S2, Ep8

Aug. 30, 2013

Bill Hader Wears a Grey Button Down Shirt & Sneakers

S2, Ep9

Sep. 6, 2013

Casey Wilson Wears a White Lace Dress & a Black Blazer

S2, Ep10

Sep. 13, 2013

• Like 3

HodgePodge! The Hodgster! Hodgama Hodgama Hodgama!

Looking forward to this. Hodgman made a recent appearance as "Ayn Rand", hosted by "HG Wells" (aka PFT) on the "Dead Authors Podcast". Hodgman as Ayn Rand was incredible. One of the best things ever.

• Like 2

Great episode

But why is PFT's pic not on the main page for the episode?

Also if you go to imdb.com you can see the names for the first 10 CBB episodes this season

Andy Samberg Wears a Plaid Shirt and Glasses

S2, Ep1

Jul. 12, 2013

I can't believe we're going to be getting more CBB every week until mid December.

• Like 1

The 'sclusies in this episode almost gave me a 'splosey! (Which is, of course, explosive diarrhea resulting from overly stimulating podcast content.)

• Like 1

I loved the quiet "I don't know" from Scott after Hodgman asked "iPod or iPad?"

• Like 1

ice-t loves goblins and hobbit habits..the copsh should have broken this fun up..

IVE GOT SOME MONEY.. YOU'VE GOT GOODS AND SERVICES.. LETS KEEP THIS ECONOMY GROWING

great ep thanks earwolf!

oh um... my wife

• Like 4

I just about sprayed my monitor with a mouthful o' coffee when PFT said "Copsh".

• Like 1

The Whiffenpoofs discussion was hilarious. I remember seeing them on a repeat Xmas episode of SNL from the early 1980s when I was a kid, and being totally creeped out.

whooooaw, you know you are watching a damn good tv show when your mind cannot have flashbacks for even a second without can kind of feeling like you might be missing something even though piecing together the tragic events that lead to you waking up at the superbowl with no legs and everyone screaming that you just kicked the winning field goal is kind of a priority,..but it'll have to wait. john hodgman and pft are a siamese dream.

Beware - Ice-T drops a MAJOR Mad Men season six finale spoiler during the plugs!

Scott was hilarious in this episode.

I just about sprayed my monitor with a mouthful o' coffee when PFT said "Copsh".

Did Cake Boss just walk in here?

WHO?

• Like 5

"It's time to diarrhea ourselves into another dimension" would have also made a great episode title

• Like 1