🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Shannon

Episode 228 — Acapella Cuddle Puddle

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT'S BEEEEEEEEEEEEN......

.....a great episode!

• Like 2

Scott was hilarious in this episode.

Oh my goodness yes. He was the highlight of the episode, for me. I think the TV show really helped him hone his CBB persona even further, not that he was ever not entertaining.

Longtime listener, first time commenter. I just wanted to say I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. Amazing, all the way through.

Also, I loved the Season 2 ep of the TV show. Season One was great, but it seems like you guys are really growing into the format you created last year and are bringing it to a whole new level.

Keep up the good work, Flap Jackerman.

• Like 2

"It's time to diarrhea ourselves into another dimension" would have also made a great episode title

I would have gone with "Skull & Bros" or "Run-off P".

This episode was AMAZING, possibly my favorite of the year. All three guys were absolutely on fire. All the in-character "my wife" and "it's been" uses killed me. The Garry Marshall phone call took it to another level and gave me some Great Undiscovered Project flashbacks.

Side note - PFT's knowledge of old Canadian TV shows is pretty incredible. I listened to the Vancouver live episode recently, and he (as Werner Herzog) did a detailed discussion about how his next project would be a film adaptation of "The Littlest Hobo" ("The Littlest Hobo: Port of Call ten Towns"). Then in this episode, he was talking about appearing on the Canadian Match Game, and he mentioned "the ghost of Bruno Gerussi", which is a name that I'd guess less than 5% of the listeners recognize.

• Like 4

Yesssss, I've been hoping for a return of Ice-T! One of my favorite PFT characters.

John Hodgman was an amazing guest. Not only was he really funny, but I think he was really skilled at responding/adding to Scott's jokes but not going off track with his story. Quality guest! Do hope to hear him on the show again!

Don't know how I missed Scott's appearance as Ben Franklin on Dead Authors Podcast, one of my favorite elder statesmen portraying Ben Franklin! I can't wait to load that up.

John Hodgman is hilarious as always, glad to hear Ice-T again, I thought he'd gone off with Bob Ducca and Li'l Gary on some weird adventure.

The way Ice-T says "Ayn Rand" it sounds like "Iron Rand," which immediately brings to mind the image of the old bat fronting an 80's hair metal band.

Their first single "'Give' is a 4 letter Word" was on MTV heavy rotation in '86. The slow-motion shots of Tawny Kitaen spread-eagle on the hood of her Vette seemed a little incongruous, though.

Am I the only one intrigued by Scott's cocoa iced tea (or, should I say, Coco Ice-T) drink? I think Scott could be the biggest drink mogul in Hollywood since Turtle from Entourage.

• Like 1

I live in Maine. I'm not from Maine, but if I'm outside of Maine and people axe me where I'm from I say, "I'm from Maine"... So, I'm conflicted.

The Hodgman/PFT combo made for some great referential humor.

• Like 1

Lots of great callbacks in this one.

Not sure if I'm alone on this or not, but I can't get enough of iPod, iPad, I don't know anymore.

• Like 1

I live in Maine. I'm not from Maine, but if I'm outside of Maine and people axe me where I'm from I say, "I'm from Maine"... So, I'm conflicted.

The Hodgman/PFT combo made for some great referential humor.

When people axe me where I'm from, I normally just go to the hospital.

BOOM! Typo humour!

• Like 1

I doubt Hot Soccermom reads these but it's worth a shot - CBB is literally the only thing that gets me through work every day and I want to thank you for that.

This episode was perfection - Ice-T saying IT'S BEEN and MY WIFE made me cry laughing at my desk. So thanks to Mott Skockerman and "Ice-T" for such quality entertainment.

~MegatronM

• Like 1

Yeah I'm not sure if Choctaw reads these, but the fans usually like to share what cracked us up in these episodes.

It's nice to share my joy with people who don't think I'm completely out of my mind for laughing at this crap.

Try explaining to a regular person why "Ipod, Ipad, Idon'tknowanymore" is funny, it's not a pretty sight.

• Like 1

When people axe me where I'm from, I normally just go to the hospital.

BOOM! Typo humour!

So you're visiting your mother in the hospital? That's where you're from after all.

I've been craving an Ice-T appearance for a while. Hodgman and Hop Scotcherman were great as well. It's been a great CBB year already!

Sooooooooooooooooooo splendid to hear PFT's best charac back on the show.

Also came to the stunning realisation that not only will I never get sick of Scottabot's ad reads, but my affection for and delight at them actually is ever-growing.

• Like 1

I want PFT to sit in on all my favorite podcasts, off-mic, just to hear him laughing in the background. He makes everything funnier whether he joins in or not.

I've been craving an Ice-T appearance for a while. Hodgman and Hop Scotcherman were great as well. It's been a great CBB year already!

I've also been craving Ice-T. This episode was refreshing.

BRISK!

Sorry.

• Like 2

I'm trying to figure out the special effects on how Garry Marshall was on the phone and Ice T being in-studio.