Jump to content


Episode 32 — Sir Richard In Disguise


19 replies to this topic

#1 Brett Arnold

    Advanced Member

  • Moderators
  • 86 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:04 PM

After a long wait, the massive craft finally arrived to trade off clones of women that had been struck by the crawlers. Our heroes struck the plan to have Mildred sneak on the ship in place of her clone along with Sir Richard in disguise and find out what the Collectors are really up to. Will they be able to use their stealth to their advantage or fail by the dreaded botch? Tune in to find out!

#2 RobotsPajamas

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:57 AM

Marking isn't exactly a grid based power. Any round an enemy attacks someone who isn't the person who marked him, that enemy takes damage. You can totally use it with your system.

Another great episode. Glad that they didn't all die... yet.
Super Happytime Fun Blog: The Robots Pajamas

Twitter: Robots PJs

Facebook: Robots Pajamas

#3 qrter

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:22 AM

I haven't listened to this episode yet, but I do hope Bruce Willisn't turns up again..

#4 Joe McGurl

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationScranton, PA

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:41 AM

"Does this look infected to you?"

Amazing. Sir RIchard never fails to make me laugh when he attacks with the wrath of Bahamut.

#5 DubipR

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:54 AM

View PostWashington Monugent, on 03 July 2013 - 10:41 AM, said:

"Does this look infected to you?"

Amazing. Sir RIchard never fails to make me laugh when he attacks with the wrath of Bahamut.


That made me laugh very hard as well; nearly spit out my water at work hearing that.
Killer episode guys. I look forward to more carnage.

#6 clancy

    PDX Geek 777

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:32 PM

Posted Image
My website: http://pdxgeek777.com/
Twitter: @PDXGeek777

#7 wasinthehallway

    cap n' crunch

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Locationnew jersey

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:20 PM

View Postclancy, on 03 July 2013 - 03:32 PM, said:

Posted Image


THE POWER GLOVE....GLOVE LOVE

#8 Mulholland-Jr

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:27 PM

It's so bad!

#9 Mr Sark

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:21 PM

View PostRobotsPajamas, on 03 July 2013 - 06:57 AM, said:

Marking isn't exactly a grid based power. Any round an enemy attacks someone who isn't the person who marked him, that enemy takes damage. You can totally use it with your system.

Another great episode. Glad that they didn't all die... yet.

Good heads up! I actually looked into this yesterday so you & I are synched up a bit. Not a ton of time for rule research but I'm trying to do a-mechanic-a-week. After reading it I think I may still pass on this rule. I get what they're after with some classes being able to hold aggro, but it feels too MMO. I prefer letting the players figure out how to keep a baddies attention. Whether it's well-delivered insults, or they are just rolling well and kicking ass. Then I like to *try* (with varying degrees of success) and role-play what the enemy would do. Just feels more organic to me. But that's just my opinion!

#10 JJKG

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:28 PM

Does Brian know he has a flail? I haven't heard it mentioned since he got it.

#11 Silly Lacy

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

Is anyone else hoping that we get a mirror match between Mildred and her clone at some point?

#12 Kevin Irmiter

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:07 AM

Sir Richard in Disguise (with a Bandage)

Set to the music of Judy in Disguise (with Glasses)

Sir Richard in Disguise, well that's a-who we love
Your glowing hand fries, thanks to your brand new glove
Glinishmore knight, coming here to fight
Sir Richard in disguise, with a bandage

Keep a-wearing your new crown, from the water king
A-cross your heart, yeah, with your Sparklett bling
Bahamut's glory, now it will rise
Sir Richard in Disguise, with a bandage

Come kill us tonight, come kill us tonight
We're cloning in the dark of the night
For Glinishmore, it's time to smite

Sir Richard in Disguise, a holy knight you are
Blaine and Stargoyle driving, the collector's car
Mildred and Amarth, and Bartho will fight
Sir Richard in Disguise, with a bandage

Come kill us tonight, come kill us tonight
We're collecting all the ladies in sight
It's time to bring on Bahamut's might

Sir Richard in Disguise, you got so much flair
Nothing could improve you, yeah yeah, except a spirit bear
Your arm with a bandage protected
I guess I'll just see if it's infected

#13 VJ Sepp

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:47 AM

Posted Image

#14 DavidUK

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:42 PM

I signed up to the forum just to say hats off to Sark for the way you had them witness an event the others hadn't even done yet. I bet you were praying that they wouldn't enter the skiff haha.

#15 Mulholland-Jr

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:32 PM

Happy b-day Brian! :)

#16 GerryDuggan

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:28 PM

This is fucking fantastic

View PostKevin Irmiter, on 05 July 2013 - 12:07 AM, said:

Sir Richard in Disguise (with a Bandage)

Set to the music of Judy in Disguise (with Glasses)

Sir Richard in Disguise, well that's a-who we love
Your glowing hand fries, thanks to your brand new glove
Glinishmore knight, coming here to fight
Sir Richard in disguise, with a bandage

Keep a-wearing your new crown, from the water king
A-cross your heart, yeah, with your Sparklett bling
Bahamut's glory, now it will rise
Sir Richard in Disguise, with a bandage

Come kill us tonight, come kill us tonight
We're cloning in the dark of the night
For Glinishmore, it's time to smite

Sir Richard in Disguise, a holy knight you are
Blaine and Stargoyle driving, the collector's car
Mildred and Amarth, and Bartho will fight
Sir Richard in Disguise, with a bandage

Come kill us tonight, come kill us tonight
We're collecting all the ladies in sight
It's time to bring on Bahamut's might

Sir Richard in Disguise, you got so much flair
Nothing could improve you, yeah yeah, except a spirit bear
Your arm with a bandage protected
I guess I'll just see if it's infected


#17 GerryDuggan

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:29 PM

Delightful work! Really made me laugh.

View PostVJ Sepp, on 05 July 2013 - 02:47 AM, said:

Posted Image


#18 Kevin Irmiter

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:29 PM

I'm glad people finally acknowledged my post! Having nobody respond, even to tell me it sucked, was driving me crazy. I was starting to wonder, is it because the song is so far off of people's cultural radar that no one even gets it?

AM I SO OUT OF TOUCH?!

No. It's the children who are wrong.

#19 Concord Bismarck

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:38 AM

View PostDavidUK, on 05 July 2013 - 01:42 PM, said:

I signed up to the forum just to say hats off to Sark for the way you had them witness an event the others hadn't even done yet. I bet you were praying that they wouldn't enter the skiff haha.


This may be my favorite episode of the podcast. However, Brian's reaction to what happens at the end makes me suspect that the players knew in advance what they were supposed to do in order to reunite. "Wait, so you guys saw them catch on fire before we did it? Whoa!"

DM magic.

#20 SteFoster

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:23 AM

Fantastic work by Sark the DM there, I'm convinced it wasn't pre organised by the squad and was just great DM control work.

If I'm wrong please don't mock me.