🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 88 — Rubber Band Stand

Celebrate Christmas in July with Tim Meadows, Neil Campbell, and Lauren Lapkus! Listen as they figure out who gets to go on a secret mission to Mars, feel uncomfortable with Jesus doing funny voices, and answer life changing questions as part of the Miss America Pageant. Plus, Matt reads from his grandmother’s college yearbook to inspire scenes about some of the old clubs. Be sure to pick up an improv4humans shirt from the Earwolf Store and follow @MattBesser on Twitter to send in your improv suggestions. Music by Bobby Matthews and Dragoon. You can also now get Matt Besser’s new comedy album “Woo Pig Sooie: Comedy for Atheists” at mattbesser.com and Dragoon’s new album “This Galaxy Is But A Nursery” at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com!

I really enjoyed Gwinch's version of Romeo and Juliet. Another great episode, knew it would be when I saw the awesome guests.

• Like 2

this group of guests is perfect this episode was fantastic... i watch that guy who was talking about orphans on tv all the time cause its so entertaining to see what he comes up with when people write in haha

best part is watching his co host try to come up with an appropriate response haha and such great lines in this one "jesus were you jacking off??" "well thats my life you're insulting" haha and anything from the romeo and juliet one

Feel safe in guessing the hot streak continues.

agreed...forgot new podcasts would be out when i woke this AM so i listened to old Pod F Tompkast and Todd Glass. Time to get on this immediately...

Feel safe in guessing the hot streak continues.

Yep!

Lauren's "Gwinch, get outta heaw!" monologue was amazing.

• Like 9

The last segment on this episode had me laughing until tears were coming out of my eyes. Matt really nailed that guy's attitude and cadence.

• Like 4

Sick episode, yo!

The last bit fucking killed. The phrase 'deep dark tan' made me crack up every time it was said. The Romeo and Juliet scene was great as well.

Seriously, this was my favourite episode for a while! keep it up, Matt and friends.

Only 9 minutes in, but I felt the need to go on the record saying that Peter Tork is secretly my favorite Monkee. Not so secret anymore I guess.

Such a great episode. I can't wait to share this one with my uncle-dad while I eat garbage.

• Like 2

I watched Head on a dare. I've never done drugs, so it's the only frame of reference I have for that sort of thing. So, when people talk about drugs, no matter what drug it is, I immediately imagine Dolenz & co. wriggling around inside a giant vacuum cleaner. Also: Frank Zappa + cow.

• Like 1

Finally I have discovered one of Neil Campbells sexual foibles!

Awesome episode! Also, thanks for the recommendation of The Monkees' Head, because I just listened to that album and it's completely nuts and great. Going to watch the movie later tonight.

I submitted the video for that final bit...that dude is totally serious. Just a straight up weirdo.

Killer episode, IP4H has just been on fire for like the past 2 months. Keep it up humans!!

I was hoping the Jesus - weird kid improv would go on another few minutes! Inappropriate uncomfortable humor, when done well, gets me rolling. Great episode.

Sorry to suck up bandwidth but...

Teenage Head was an amazing band - a weird nexus of power-pop sensibilities and punk rawness with nods to the Dolls and all that...

Here's the trailer for Orange is the New Black - I hadn't heard that Jenji Kohan was doing something new. I know some people grew to hate Weeds as much as Entourage or some shit but it managed to keep me until the end. I think I spotted her as a guard in the background so it'll be cool to see her on the show...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x10vj0d_orange-is-the-new-black-red-band-trailer_na#.Ud6rdkHIuSo

Another 'head' group is The Heads, a British group who got lumped in with "Stoner Rock" but they have a lot more solid background obviously going back to '60's psyche, and also more open to experiment. Similar to maybe Mudhoney but with a heavier vibe and a love to jam...

I'm stoned.

The Pat Robertson clip was amazing. First off, as if some guy is COMPLETELY into a woman, but as soon as he finds out that her children are born in another country, then he forgets all about the great sex(with the woman) and good times they had together. Maybe every man she ever dates is a Birther which could be possible. Despite this implausible logic, Pat immediately takes it a step further and assumes the character of someone TEN times more intolerant. JUST,.......WOW.

Do you like to poo? I am really starting to think that I actually have a gift. nobody would have answered that question with any kind of disinterest or lack of enthusiasm if they had any kind of experience that I have when I poo. It may be a state of mind, or just an attitude towards pooing but you can go places.

First post!

Just want to say this is one of my all time favorite episodes. The first scene was so-so, a quick warm up, but after that it was greatest hit after greatest hit. All four performers were outstanding, from funny voices to Space Jam to not being a regular guy to The Gwynch.

Sign in to follow this