🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Brett Arnold

Episode 229 — Two Thumbs & Not Much Else

Ben Schwartz and director extraordinaire Werner Herzog both return to the studio on today's Comedy Bang Bang! Scott shares his enthusiasm for season two of the Comedy Bang Bang TV series, which premieres on IFC this Friday July 12th, and Ben and Scott discuss the new season of Ben's series House of Pies. Werner discusses the plight of working with a green screen, reveals what kind of vehicle he drives and what it's like working on a film with Thomas Cruise. The filmography of Prince and the pronunciation of the word "marshmallow" are mentioned before Werner clues us in on his favorite film of all time and Ben tries out a new character. Comedy Bang Bang will return with a very special B-B-B-BONUS episode this Thursday.

I am surprised Reggie missed an opportunity to speak with Werner in German. After all nothing screams comedy, like German.

Further surprised that Reggie did not correct the pronounciation of Werner's name ... think V-air-N-nair.

"Wo ist mein Hasse?" I think I may have been the only one who saw Mr. Herzog act in The Grand.

Looking forward to the new season!

I was amazed by Reggie in Miami!

Scott's dentist song may be one of my favourite things I've ever heard, Schwartz and Scott singing Skidrow definitely is one of my favourite things I've ever heard.

Also loved the Marshmallows, Meshmoolews, Mishmoolies breakdown.

• Like 1

I demand the return of "What Do you Want to Do" and "Questions, Questions, Questions"! Best segments ever!

• Like 1

there was literally two minutes of singing.......

• Like 2

this podcast is the best fucking podcast..this episode was a dream come true..thank you

rock and roll.. blue jeans.. commercials for Rye bread

• Like 1

So many incredible quotes, I don't even know where to begin. The "two thumbs" bit killed me, as did the riffs on Prince's Bourne Ultimatum and Herbie: Portrait of A Serial Killer. You guys are right, total best of the year material here.

• Like 1

One of my favorite exchanges in Comedy Bang Bang history:

"He is a firefighter that comes in a moment too late and he's crushed by a beam. As he's crushed by the beam he says, "I am a homosexual."

"Why?"

"Films such as these posit the idea that homosexuality is the funniest thing that you can even imagine. So I want to end the film on a big laugh line."

• Like 13

This episode was pure joy, and Werner taking a solo on the Cantina theme is one of the hardest times I've ever laughed at this show.

You're too good to us, Earwolf.

• Like 1

I didn't know Ben was on House of Buggin'. Did he do any sketches with Johnny Legs?

"Expen-shiv" :lol:

New listener, found it after exhausting Comedy Bang Bang Season 1 on Netflix for the 10th time around.

Paul F. Tomkins should be richer and famous-er.

• Like 5

I love how PFT has been trying to add a tag at the end of the Closing Up The Plug Bag theme song every week with his different characters

Fantastic episode

• Like 2

Schwartz—I started writing something entirely different but that name has seven consonants and just one vowel. I thought someone should mention that, you guys.

Having said that, he does bring it. Every.Single.Time! Also, love Werner and share his hatred for nature.

• Like 2

My two favorite podcast guests on at one time......absolutely hilarious.

I must have listened to the musical riff 5 times already!!!

Great show

JESUS CHRIST!!!!! GROW SOME BALLS, AND DO A DMT EPISODE.

If you want a DMT episode, go listen to Joe Rogan's podcast.

This episode is best of material.

The Where's The Beef commercial with the cross talk, the cantina songs and the What Should We Do? theme song had me rolling. PFT = Pretty Fucking Talented.

• Like 2