🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 90 — Bear Suit

Casey Wilson, Betsy Sodaro, Sean Conroy, and Chad Carter join Matt Besser in an effort to continue to make improv4humans the best podcast in the universe! They’ll deal with an attempted bank robbery, hear the wisdom of a 102 year old grandmother, and try to make their way to an island wedding. Plus, Matt reads a recent Del Close Marathon article in another edition of What’s Bothering You. Be sure to pick up an improv4humans shirt from the Earwolf Store and follow @MattBesser on Twitter to send in your improv suggestions. Music by Bobby Matthews and Dragoon. You can also now get Matt Besser’s new comedy album “Woo Pig Sooie: Comedy for Atheists” at mattbesser.com and Dragoon’s new album “This Galaxy Is But A Nursery” at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com!

OMG CASEY?!?!?!

tumblr_mpjm55lp0c1su7c63o1_500.gif

• Like 1

Betsy manages to trump Lauren Lapkus' record for mentioning ass eating.

• Like 3

Awesome lineup, always great to hear Sean Conroy on I4H.

That article about Del Close the devil worshipper was pretty amazing. And yeah, people like that are generally just trolling for reactions. The journalistic equivalent of a kid banging on pots and pans. I'd wager she doesn't even really believe half the shit she wrote, or at least doesn't really care. But man, it would have been pretty great to hear Besser rip her to shreds.

Also, that was one funky ass presidential sax solo.

• Like 1

I was just thinking Casey would make a great guest since she did improv at UCB back in the day. I kinda fell in love with her ever since I started watching Happy Endings. Next time get her and Adam Pally on together, we already know they have great chemistry.

You know what would have made this ep better? ...100 more dicks... but seriously this was a great one all my favorite guests.. thanks Besser!

Still taking applications for the Social Media job? Full time? Basic benefits? I'm willing to move...

Shaidle is a complete moron. Poorly written article and just completely insane. Certainly what happened is that she tried improv once and couldn't cut it and was shunned and now is lashing out. Sheesh.

I like that she lists John Candy and Dan Aykroyd in her list of "one hit wonders or drug addicts" that came from improv. She lists Gilda Radner too. I guess studying with 'the devil worshiper' gave her cancer, right? What a fuckin' moron!

• Like 1

Besser mentioned he's feuding with another Earwolf Podcast. Is it Yo Is This Racist?

• Like 2

I haven't listened yet but I've loved each of Betsy Sodaro's appearances so far. Looking forward to it.

I watched Freak Dance the other night - so fucking funny. I knew Matt Besser directed it the whole way through I just imagined it was one of the dancers people's stage show, I figured Dazzle for some reason, that was popular in LA and Matt just dug it and got it made. Like Bob Odenkirk did with Melvin Goes to Dinner. Surprised at the end to see he wrote it as well. Fantastic parodying of the "we gotta save the communtiy center" trope, and not only did it hit all the right notes...it covered all the bases and crossed every t. I's were woefully undotted, however.

"I'm feeling light-headed. I think I'm falling for this bear" was the first line I cracked up for. But most certainly not the last. So much funny in this one.

Still taking applications for the Social Media job? Full time? Basic benefits? I'm willing to move...

I am also interested in the position if it's still a thing! I'm big into comedy and I am very familiar with the UCB LA theater. I am willing to humbly submit to any dark arts or witchery that is practiced at the theater.

PS amazing episode. That "interview" scene is now one of my all-time favorites.

Another Improv Five Humans? Very excited for this episode.

I usually gauge my excitement for podcasts based on the order I download them. Normally on Monday, the very first one I go for is Comedy Bang Bang. But on these kinds Thursdays I'm often torn between the b-b-b-b-bonussssususus CBB and I4H. This week I just had to go for this one.

It has been waaaaaay too long since Chad Carter appeared.

I think you mean "IT'S BEEN".

Counting this week's VPN episode, this is the first of two straight episodes featuring two cast members of network sit-coms that were canceled this year, which is kind of weird.

I've liked her in the episodes she's appeared in before, but I found Betsy incredibly funny this episode. Sean Conroy's always amazing... and Casey Wilson held her own very well (that probably sounds like an insult, but it is more because Conroy is so strong). Great ep.

Sign in to follow this