Episode 137.5 — 07/19/13 TWO CHARTED 76

14 replies to this topic

#1 Brett Arnold

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 86 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:40 PM

The guest-fueled episodes continue as comic book artist David Mack returns to the studio to chat with Howie and KuKu on this week’s TWO CHARTED! David answers all the hard hitting questions, like what his favorite historical document is, and shares his excitement for this year's San Diego Comic Con, which is happening right now! Howard details the week that was, which includes a Netflix recommendation as well as an explanation of the contents of the mysterious spray present on this week's Who Charted prime. On her chart, Kulap counts down the top five people she'd like to thank for their part in making her upcoming documentary a reality. Check out the new aforementioned David Mack print here.

#2 PuncturedJesus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:04 PM

I loved the previous Mack appearance. Hope more comic guests get booked soon. Saving this for my drive to work...

#3 pepperjack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:57 AM

4 minutes in and i'm dying.

#4 rygel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:05 AM

If we must hear David Mack again, why can't it be kept to Who Charted prime? I long for a return of traditional Twooch, just KuKu, WieWie, and an engineer. Don't understand why guests keep popping up in these episodes.

#5 Lyla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:31 AM

People got stuff to plug, homie. Enjoy the love!

#6 pepperjack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:45 AM

http://youtu.be/1TtGQnyPZ6g

#7 Michael Wo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:32 AM

"You shouldn't be touching the new generation of chicks"
-- Kulap, Episode 76, 27:45
Twooch quote of the year

#8 daveB from Oakland

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:52 AM

Kulap has appeared on the cover of a comic book. Howie's been sporting a samurai top-knot lately. This Mack fellow incorporates Japanese-style imagery into his work. I think we all know what needs to happen, right?
Chop off the "En", Chop off the "In"

Stop in!!

Glish Muff!!

#9 a5k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:58 AM

The best thing about Two Charted has always been the intimate dynamic between Howard, Kulap and whomever is manning the boards. I miss that! Agreed that additional guests are best kept to Who Charted, and I've been slightly disappointed every time I've heard someone else sitting in. Lock the doors!

#10 cat & beard

our fluoride is gluten free

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • LocationShredstaurant

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:10 PM

I love the show no matter who's on it. I could just listen to a loop of Kuku and Wiewie saying "NUMBAH ONE!" over and over for at least an hour.

Everyone needs to relax and enjoy summah.

#11 justinmh05

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:12 PM

View Postcat & beard, on 19 July 2013 - 12:10 PM, said:

I love the show no matter who's on it. I could just listen to a loop of Kuku and Wiewie saying "NUMBAH ONE!" over and over for at least an hour.

Everyone needs to relax and enjoy summah.

I agree. I have really been enjoying the guests on Two Charted. It seems like guests are now a regular part of the Friday shows, which will be cool.

#12 a5k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:22 PM

Maybe I need to tap into this "whatever happens, happens" summah vibe. That's not me at all! But apparently others are happy with anything, so, you know, that's okay. Crankiness has its virtues, I say.

#13 justinmh05

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:53 PM

View Posta5k, on 19 July 2013 - 01:22 PM, said:

Maybe I need to tap into this "whatever happens, happens" summah vibe. That's not me at all! But apparently others are happy with anything, so, you know, that's okay. Crankiness has its virtues, I say.

I'm not happy with just "anything" - I happen to like the guests on the Friday shows.

#14 Kickpuncher

Sentient Meat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • LocationIthaca, NY

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:49 AM

View Posta5k, on 19 July 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

The best thing about Two Charted has always been the intimate dynamic between Howard, Kulap and whomever is manning the boards. I miss that! Agreed that additional guests are best kept to Who Charted, and I've been slightly disappointed every time I've heard someone else sitting in. Lock the doors!

Agree. It's not that the guests aren't good, just that we already get that every week, and Tooch usually has a unique vibe. That said, I still enjoyed this episode a lot, and they've managed to keep that Tooch vibe pretty well intact the last two weeks.

#15 Brett Morris

Earwolf Engineer

• Administrators
  • 240 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

No worries guys, just mixing it up a bit. This next Tooch will be for the purists.
i'm lead audio engineer at earwolf.

please check out my band scattered suns.

find me on twitter @brettsbrain.