🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 233 — Royal Watching

I mean, all of us here are going to call the new prince Beetle Bailey for his whole life, right?

• Like 2

What if neither princes or the new baby want to be kings of E? Would The Little Prince be next in line for the gig?

Or, failing that, some connection between Byron's dark wizardry and Chip Gardner's Satanic cult.

I feel like Daly tried to link this character to Andi Callahan RN; a man who assumed the identity of a medical professional for twisted personal reasons. Scott maybe didn't make the connection. Back in episode 200 with Cactus Tony, it seemed like Scott tried to connect Andi with Cactus Tony but Mantzoukas jumped in and steered things in a bit of a different way.

Andi Callahan just can't catch a break!

Great episode though, probably Bob's best appearance. Hopefully I can grab a ticket to the Boston show.

I feel like Daly tried to link this character to Andi Callahan RN; a man who assumed the identity of a medical professional for twisted personal reasons. Scott maybe didn't make the connection.

Whereas I took Byron's gravelly muttering (after he revealed that Kate sleeps au naturel) as a hint that he would eventually be revealed as Don Dimelo in disguise.

Really enjoyed this episode once it got off the ground; kind of felt like Odenkirk (who I love, obviously) derailed Andy a bunch in the beginning for odd reasons.

Really enjoyed this episode once it got off the ground; kind of felt like Odenkirk (who I love, obviously) derailed Andy a bunch in the beginning for odd reasons.

I get what you mean, but I think he was just throwing a bunch of curveballs to Daly because he's so freaking good, and it usually results in great tangents. Scott often does the same thing to him, focusing on weird specific details and pursuing them to insane conclusions, instead of what the character was originally trying to talk about. A lot of the best stuff with Daly's characters have come from that obtuse style of questioning.

I'm thinking specifically of the guy who just wanted to talk about running for Mayor of Hollywood and ended up being the brainwashing architect of a satanic flesh monster.

• Like 1

Not often that Andy Daly is on an episode and he's not my favorite non-Aukerman in the episode.

Odenkirk owned this episode.

I get what you mean, but I think he was just throwing a bunch of curveballs to Daly because he's so freaking good, and it usually results in great tangents. Scott often does the same thing to him, focusing on weird specific details and pursuing them to insane conclusions, instead of what the character was originally trying to talk about. A lot of the best stuff with Daly's characters have come from that obtuse style of questioning.

I'm thinking specifically of the guy who just wanted to talk about running for Mayor of Hollywood and ended up being the brainwashing architect of a satanic flesh monster.

I concur. Bob's line of questioning was hilarious, and the role he played in co-interviewing/derailing Andy was akin to the exact same role Mantzoukas has played on all the great episodes on which Jason and Andy have been guests.

• Like 2

It's a boy! Man, I hope it's Beetle Bailey the First!

That joke was so awesome, the Prince's list of names by the bed. Actually took me a minute to get it.

I really thought Wheelchair Girl was going to connect all those baby experiences to her legs acting in the Muppet Babies.

Double Daly makes me think how much I would love to hear from the poet laureate of the West. The Mantzoukas-Daly dynamic was on fire on that episode! Surely one of my favourites of all time. (that and the one with the Chip Gardner, honorary mayor of Hollywood, side-by-side, self-taught surgeon and servant of the dark Lord Satan.)

Bob got in a PFT-worthy off-mic laugh at Andy's list of boy names.

Great episode, and my favorite of Bob's appearances.

• Like 1

Thanks for the plugs song, Park. I wanted to ask if the Nathan Mendel that donated to the studio plays bass in the Foo Fighters. I might move to England to live under the power of the Sorcerer King.

This episode should go directly to the top 10. Great chemistry between these three. Odenkirk firing bullets at Andy's feet to make him dance, while Scott is the kind of sweet, nice guy watching the whole thing. Loved it!

Sign in to follow this