🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 67.5 — Minisode 67.5

Join us next week as we go into the dangerous world of competitive arm wrestling with Sylvester Stallone’s Over The Top! We also find out about some wonderful observations regarding dry humping in the future and deleted subplots as Paul reads some Corrections & Omissions for Demolition Man & Sharknado. Don’t forget to catch Season 3 of NTSF:SD:SUV:: Thursdays at midnight on Adult Swim and to get your tickets for a LIVE How Did This Get Made? Saturday, August 24th at Largo in Los Angeles!

*turns cap that says TOP POSTER 180 degrees* ok im ready

• Like 1

I DARE you to not cry when listening to Kenny Loggins' "Meet Me Halfway"

I DARE you to not cry when listening to Kenny Loggins' "Meet Me Halfway"

If there's a more prolific performer of awesome movie tunes, I challenge them to come forward. Seriously, I will fucking fight them. Maybe.

But Jesus, Kenny Loggins ruled the '80s soundtrack scene between this, Caddyshack, Footloose, Top Gun, and the criminally underrated "Nobody's Fool" from Caddyshack 2, not to mention any pre-existing songs that have popped up in things. If I made a movie that took place in the '80s, I would pay the man whatever he wanted to write the music for the whole thing!

• Like 2

Two words about this movie: Product Placement! Jesus' Wooden-Leg, what is it about redneck "sports" and selling caffeinated products and motor oil? I mean, I get the obvious, but c'mon...

After this, I suggest we have a Stallone moratorium of at least 6 months.

• Like 1

Agreed. We didn't even HAVE any Stallone here until about a year ago, right?

But Jesus, Kenny Loggins ruled the '80s soundtrack scene between this, Caddyshack, Footloose, Top Gun, and the criminally underrated "Nobody's Fool" from Caddyshack 2, not to mention any pre-existing songs that have popped up in things. If I made a movie that took place in the '80s, I would pay the man whatever he wanted to write the music for the whole thing!

Next time you have to fly, put "Highway to the Danger Zone" on your phone/ipod and start it up as the plane begins to take off on the runway. It's really fun.

*turns cap that says TOP POSTER 180 degrees* ok im ready

Oh my shit, I totally forgot about that cap turning business. Isn't his actual quote "It's like a switch"?

After this episode he will be OFFICIALLY beating Nic Cage as the most All-Star-y of the HDTGM All-Stars

Stallone-a-thon.... Judge Dredd, Cobra, Demolition Man, and now Over the Top. This one is a great classic, though.

Nic Cage needs a come back! Come on, Cage!

Oh my shit, I totally forgot about that cap turning business. Isn't his actual quote "It's like a switch"?

One of my favorite quotes in the whole movie:

Disagree. I'd be happy if there was a Stallone every other show, to be honest. There is so much gold to be mined in his back catalogue.

Mike's a bigger asshole than both Robert Loggia and Terry Funk in this movie.

• Like 2

Disagree. I'd be happy if there was a Stallone every other show, to be honest. There is so much gold to be mined in his back catalogue.

STRONGLY AGREE. With your disagreement, I mean. Tango & Cash, Rhinestone, IMDB says he's also in An Alan Smithee Film: Burn Hollywood Burn -- which is very ripe for HDTGM.

Mike's a bigger asshole than both Robert Loggia and Terry Funk in this movie.

STRONGLY AGREE. I hate that doughy-faced little Chuckie doll look so fucking much. It's like, yes, you don't have the greatest father but Jeeesus kid.

Also! One of the arm wrestlers in this movie, "Smasher", is played by a dude named Magic Schwarz. MAGIC SCHWARZ. His website is pretty cute, although I think he could use some help from Squarespace.

*cough* The Party at Kitty and Stud's *cough*

This has been up for like 18 hours now and yet nobody has made a Rodney Dangerfield / Wesley Snipes in Demolition Man supercut yet. I'm actually pretty disappointed

I had the day off today, and watching Over the Top led me into an all-day Stallone marathon of Rocky through Rocky III. Or as it's also known - heaven.

Damn, Paul was right about this movie ideally being for SOMEONE ELSE to mimic Stallone in the original Rocky. Instead, you have Rocky Balboa trying to make money in between fights with Apollo Creed by driving 18-wheelers and arm wrestling.

I saw this when I was in 4th grade or so, and the movie was so popular that it started an arm wrestling ring in the lunch hall that all of the boys were involved in, either betting food on the outcomes, organizing matches, or actual arm wrestling. It was broken up when someone bet their Nintendo game on a match (he probably has a gambling addiction now) and lost. He went crying to the principle and that ended that.

Damn, Paul was right about this movie ideally being for SOMEONE ELSE to mimic Stallone in the original Rocky. Instead, you have Rocky Balboa trying to make money in between fights with Apollo Creed by driving 18-wheelers and arm wrestling.

I saw this when I was in 4th grade or so, and the movie was so popular that it started an arm wrestling ring in the lunch hall that all of the boys were involved in, either betting food on the outcomes, organizing matches, or actual arm wrestling. It was broken up when someone bet their Nintendo game on a match (he probably has a gambling addiction now) and lost. He went crying to the principle and that ended that.

I specifically remember there being "Over the Top" ACTION FIGURES, so you could play with toys that could arm wrestle each other instead of just arm wrestling your friends. I don't know of a single person that owned any though.

I accept the group reprimand and will say 15 Hail Sylvesters when I get home.

over+the+top+action+figures.jpg

That's exactly the picture that I found, but I do remember seeing them in the Sears Christmas catalog. I can't imagine "Fat Fuck With a Cowboy Hat" was a big seller.