🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 48 — A Pound of Spiced Ham

Jake visits his longtime pal Jimmy Fallon to catch up on fun times on this week’s edition of THE FOGELNEST FILES! Jake & Jimmy chat about Woody Allen, the 11th floor at 30 Rock, and recall a story that involves them, Horatio Sanz, and a pound of spiced ham. They also take a look at a drunk Ed McMahon on The Tonight Show, Howard Stern on David Letterman in 1985, and one of the greatest SNL sketches that never made it on air. Be sure to leave a review for the new Harry Nilsson box set in the comments section of The Fogelnest Files on iTunes and head over to youtube.com/TheFogelnestFiles for all the videos from today’s episode!

Catan is pretty fun (but a little boring) , I'd start with Small World, Puerto Rico, or maybe Power Grid!

Fun ep, Jimmy seems like a great guy. I'm a sucker for older entertainment biz (business) stories, so the SNL stuff was right up my alley. Keep up the good work, Jake.

Jake Fogelnest wins 'Guest of the Week'. Holy crap was this great!

Totally. Too bad I4H still comes up first on the rotating front page, per a seemingly predetermined constant weekly order.

But yeah, really fun episode. Fallon is one of those rare guys who seems to be universally beloved by everyone who's ever met him, and this is good evidence as to why.

The "cup boy" sketch lends itself quite well to the .gif format, if nothing else.

Obviously, U gotta get Horatio on the Files. If and when he gets on the show, I'd like to see some discussion of his criminally under-rated "Jasper Hahn" character... the naughty children's book illustrator who appeard on Weekend Update once or twice.

Totally. Too bad I4H still comes up first on the rotating front page, per a seemingly predetermined constant weekly order.

Just catching this now. Will be rectified soon. Epic fail on our part.

I dug Jimmy on SNL, dug him on Late Night, and I dig him right here! This episode was a lot of fun.

Though I'm super jealous I've never gotten the opportunity to dance with Parker Posey. Some day...*sigh*

Just catching this now. Will be rectified soon. Epic fail on our part.

Cool, thanks for replying. This is why Earwolf is the best!

• Like 2

I have always disliked Jimmy Fallon. I hated the way he would break scenes in SNL and laugh or look at the camera. Based on that opinion (formed as a teenager) I have never given him a chance on anything. Hearing the way he spoke to Jake, like a genuine friend, from recounting the stories to being excited for Jake's progress and to see him, gave me a very different glimpse at him. Way to go Jake, great episode and I'll be adjusting my viewing habits accordingly.

• Like 1

This was one of the best episodes of any podcast that I've listened to in several months. I thought Jake was gonna let go of the format and just have a conversation, which I was ready for and would have been cool with, but he stayed on point. The clip viewings were satisfying, but also organic in a way that fit with Jake and Jimmy's friendship. Really superb job - thanks a lot Jake and the Earwolf team!

That spiced ham story was the best thing i've ever heard. Thanks for sharing Jake and Jimmy! This was a really nice treat.

• Like 3