Episode 92 — Dead Man’s Rock

37 replies to this topic

#1 July Diaz

Earwolf Buddy

• Administrators
  • 1,283 posts
  • LocationUnder a roof

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:17 PM

Zack Pearlman, Adam Pally, John Gemberling, and Mike Still join Matt Besser in another special improv5humans episode filled with surfer barbers, foot rubs, and expired food. Plus, another edition of What Is Bothering You? helps them vent about stolen luggage, the Royal baby, and “pineapple” being used as an improv suggestion. Be sure to pick up an improv4humans shirt from the Earwolf Store and follow @MattBesser on Twitter to send in your improv suggestions. Music by Bobby Matthews and Dragoon. You can also now get Matt Besser’s new comedy album “Woo Pig Sooie: Comedy for Atheists” at mattbesser.com and Dragoon’s new album “This Galaxy Is But A Nursery” at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com!

#2 GW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:05 AM

I'm pretty sure the guys just proved pineapples are funny

#3 RicketyCricket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:34 AM

Besser ~ your show OWNS Earwolf for 2013! Seriously, wow, other shows are good/great of course...But I can't think of any show ever that has had such a strong run of shows as I4H over the past 3-4 months. Kudos for bringing the quality week after week.

#4 Road Strange

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:57 AM

Gemberling killed it in this episode.

#5 Gerard Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:05 AM

In the TV edit of Scareface the line "Where'd you get the beauty scare though guy, eating p*ssy" was changed to "Where'd you get the beauty scare though guy, eating pineapple?". Also excessive exposure to pineapple juice on your fingers, say from working as a picker or in a cannery, will eat away your fingerprints.

These are the things I know of pineapple.

#6 Don Bellthazar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:08 AM

ATTENTION MATT BESSER

I am more than willing to debate John Gemberling on the topic of Zoophilia, aka bestiality. I for one would like to know why he is so pro-animal fucking. I don't see the harm in joking about it (the last episode was hilarious) but he seems truly serious. What kind of pet genitals does he dream of @gemberlicking? I have pretty strong feelings that it is not ok to rape an animal, so I think I could do well on the show.

Bring it on, John! Will you convince me to take out the lube and rub Beggin Strips on my scroat to get my dog in the mood? Or will you see the light and keep your pony-human fantasies locked in the dark recesses of your subconcious?
Big fan of Equus by the way.

#7 Gym Sockerman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:18 AM

HAHAHA I can't believe this fucking happened again.
Jesus Christ.
Both of these discussions for best-ofs. Gemberling, I love you.

#8 RobotsPajamas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:56 AM

I don't think he's pro animal fucking, exactly. I'm thinking it's more like between slaughtering an animal to eat it or getting it off, it's kind of messed off where the one is totally cool and the other is regarded as so disgusting.

At least that's what I get from his argument.
Super Happytime Fun Blog: The Robots Pajamas

Twitter: Robots PJs

Facebook: Robots Pajamas

#9 wasinthehallway

cap n' crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Locationnew jersey

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:27 AM

best episode ever hands down.. i think i laughed the hardest during this episode holy fuck this was glorious top notch!!

her majesty's cooont

great story grandpa

#10 Thegardnerd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:27 AM

You want to play something with your dog, play fetch, not hide the salami. Don't zmash or ztumble your dog.

__________---------------___________*

The more you know.
Proudly serving the greater tri-place area for over number years.

#11 klem_johansen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:23 AM

When someone starts a sentence with "people often ask me," you can pretty much rest assured that people don't.

#12 FUCK!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:57 AM

I think the "pineapple" reference comes from reddit. There's a subreddit called r/trees that is all about marijuana, and for some reason the pineapple is like their mascot.

http://www.reddit.com/r/trees

#13 LA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:39 PM

This episode proved to be "NSFL" - not safe for lunch - as I happened to be eating mine when the topic of "rotten" came up - and really came close to puking all over the place.

Great episode, though, as always. :-D

#14 Brett Morris

Earwolf Engineer

• Administrators
  • 228 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:26 PM

Mike Still's british accent is one of the funniest things I've ever heard
i'm lead audio engineer at earwolf.

please check out my band scattered suns.

find me on twitter @brettsbrain.

#15 Nicolas Rage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationSheffield, United Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:27 PM

View PostDon Bellthazar, on 01 August 2013 - 07:08 AM, said:

ATTENTION MATT BESSER

I am more than willing to debate John Gemberling on the topic of Zoophilia, aka bestiality. I for one would like to know why he is so pro-animal fucking. I don't see the harm in joking about it (the last episode was hilarious) but he seems truly serious. What kind of pet genitals does he dream of @gemberlicking? I have pretty strong feelings that it is not ok to rape an animal, so I think I could do well on the show.

Bring it on, John! Will you convince me to take out the lube and rub Beggin Strips on my scroat to get my dog in the mood? Or will you see the light and keep your pony-human fantasies locked in the dark recesses of your subconcious?
Big fan of Equus by the way.

Do you think it's okay to kill and eat an animal? Just sayin'.

I'm a vegetarian AND I haven't put my penis in any non-human vaginas (although assholes are another story, am I right guys? But seriously I haven't had sex with any animals), so I am at least consistent.

#16 Syme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

Pineapple is supposed to make semen taste better..... you guys can improvise something from that right?

I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at Americans doing British accents so congrats to everyone on that.

#17 Jon Onyx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:52 PM

Who knew that adam pally could do such a great Jamacian Accent

#18 Shannon

• Administrators
  • 914 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:23 PM

So the Jesus sketch and the british accents were amazing...

BUT

The fact that this came up again and that Gemberling doubled down and challenged people to fight him has seriously ruined my day. I am disappointed and disgusted to be honest.

His argument is essentially, "Rape is totally okay because murder is worse."

Pretty sure you don't have to be an animal rights activist to be 100% against sexual assault of any kind.

Seriously... what is wrong with all of you?

Posted Image

I'm going to bed now...

#19 Bruce Reid Robinson II

Over-educated and under-employed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationChecking out the beavs in Corvallis

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:31 PM

Boombahclott! Ima goin go smoke a spleef and pray that jah will provide ahs wit moore o dat preposterous douah nowned ahs adahn pahlly eh jahn gembahlin

#20 blockofice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:06 PM

They missed the opportunity for a "Computer Blue" joke in the Jesus scene.

"Is the water warm enough?"
"Yes, Mila."

Incredible episode.