🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 68.5 — Minisode 68.5

This week’s minisode features a special interview with the amazing director Joseph Sargent who tells us how he got sucked into making Jaws 4: The Revenge! That’s not all, next week we’ll be following the misadventures of Crocodile Dundee in the threequel that no one asked for. Plus, Paul gets into some of the Corrections & Omissions for the Stallone classic Over The Top, introduces a brand new game, and explains why giant cookies are so good while answering some of your Qs. Don’t forget to catch Season 3 of NTSF:SD:SUV:: Thursdays at midnight on Adult Swim, check out all the episodes of The ArScheerio Paul Show on

, and make sure to email your 1-2 sentence synopsis for “Hot Potato” to HDTGMfilmtitles@gmail.com!

"Black people seem to love it."

Count me in, the "Hell Baby" cast seems awesome. Don't see why it appeals to black people though.

"You have piqued my curiosity."

Ugh. I once complained on the forums about someone's suggestion of Bill Simmons as a guest, but Matthew Berry is an even bigger dingus.

matthew berry had his own episode on the league so he is probs friendly with paul and jason however bill simmons is The Literal Worst and we should stop talking about him before we summon him and he doesnt stop talking about the wire

• Like 1

Sadly, Stirling Silliphant isn't available for interview: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0798103/ ...he was always kind of uneven in his career, as a glance down that list will suggest. And don't forget that IN THE HEAT OF THE NIGHT the film is based on the excellent novel by John Ball, and some of Silliphant's changes (which annoyed Ball, surprise) were toward the dull-witted (such as making San Francisco detective Virgil Tibbs a Philly detective at a time when Philly cops were under well-known Non-friend of African-Americans, and petty points of procedure/law, Frank Rizzo, Sr. (The tv series, of course, was just a joke from jump.) Ball set his second Tibbs novel in a nudist colony, to leave it relatively unfilmable...

Dundee LA is my son's favorite movie of all time for some reason.

Because you're a terrible parent. A terrible, terrible parent.

OK, not really. But seriously, how does he have such easy access to "Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles"? You may as well let him play in traffic and keep a gun in the house while you're at it, because they're all equally destructive!

• Like 2

What's up with all the Simmons hate?

Grantland is amazing and so is 30 for 30

Also I'm a big fan of the BS Report and he is the best part of the ESPN NBA broadcasts. I will never understand why people hate Simmons

• Like 3

I too am a Simmons fan, but I'm a Canadian who doesn't watch basketball so maybe I don't see a ton of him. Love me some Grantland though.

grantland is good but that is because simmons and especially Chuck Fuckin Klosterman don't really have so explicit an involvement anymore

sorry guys dont mean to be a hater yall know me i try to keep a positive postin vibe. we are all friends here

Whoa whoa whoa, stop the clock! Eddie fucking Pepitone is going to be on next week!!

Who cares about who the other guess is- the Bitter Buddha will be appearing on HDTGM!!! Hopefully he brings Margaret and Al.

• Like 4

I remember commercials for "Crocodile Dundee 3" when I was a kid in 2001 because it was rated PG and I had no idea it was part of a trilogy. We can all agree that part 1 was the best, part 2 was a bit mediocre, and part 3 went way low!

Has an 11% on Rotten Tomatoes, was nominated for a Razzie for Worst Remake or Sequel (which lost to Tim Burton's "Planet of the Apes"), and did not do that well at the box office as the first two did. It came in 4th place behind "Bridget Jones's Diary" (which went to the top in its second weekend), "Spy Kids" and "Along Came a Spider". The same weekend (April 20, 2001) this movie came out, "Freddy Got Fingered" was also out in theaters! So how's that for trivia!

I remember commercials for "Crocodile Dundee 3" when I was a kid in 2001 because it was rated PG and I had no idea it was part of a trilogy.

Wait, what?

Bill Simmons is terrible. As an NBA fan I hate every time he opens his mouth. Just look at Jalen's face every time Simmons begins speaking. He tries to come at things from a 'different' angle, to show how different he is. But it's always something stupid.

I actually have "Hot Potato" on DVD, so I know what it's about. But I sent a synopsis in anyway. *shrug*

• Like 1

Wait, what?

Bill Simmons is terrible. As an NBA fan I hate every time he opens his mouth. Just look at Jalen's face every time Simmons begins speaking. He tries to come at things from a 'different' angle, to show how different he is. But it's always something stupid.

I just don't see how it is possible for a basketball fan to not realize that Simmons is by far the smartest person on ESPN and by far the best NBA analyst. And Jalen Rose?!?!? He is awful and he loves Simmons so I don't know what you are talking about with his face

well on one hand i can cede "by far the smartest person on espn" and not be giving up much but it probably isnt true esp after they just hired nate silver, BUT his problem (imo) isnt his analysis but the fact that he still insists he is just Everyman Boston Sports Dude while simultaneously hanging out at after-parties during all star weekend and regularly having guys like jalen rose over at his """"""Man-Cave""""""

also he is the type to shun something because it is popular even if it is good and be proud of that fact (any highly rated tv show) then once he watches it six years later immediately feel the need to tell everyone how great it actually is even tho they already know about it

the problem isnt simmons has bad ideas or doesnt know basketball it is that he is insufferable and amazingly only a little bit of that is related to him being a red sox/celtics/pats fan

• Like 1

I have a dream that one day even on the movie nerd site of HDTGM, a site sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice where people can appreciate a fantasy football nerd talking about a movie he wrote.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the type of nerd they are but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today

• Like 1

Can we all stay on topic and focus about the movie that's being covered next week, please? For Crocodile Dundee 3, this film was made by Simon Wincer, the guy who helmed "Free Willy", "Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man" and "The Phantom", plus he directed the Lonesome Dove miniseries! His work is completely diverse by the pics he chose.

Can we all stay on topic and focus about the movie that's being covered next week, please?

bitch_please.gif

• Like 5

Jeez, it's weird to see a young Hermione. Those kids spent their childhoods making Harry Potter movies; she was 9 years old during the first one and 21 by the time they finished the series. That's crazy.

Sign in to follow this