🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Jon Lovitz #178

Veteran actor and comedian, Jon Lovitz, (Saturday Night Live, The Critic) sits down with Kevin to chat about his beginning in improv comedy leading to a career spanning television and film. Lovitz serenades Kevin with an original tune about the host, opens up about landing a gig on SNL while urging them to hire Phil Hartman as well, and how his entire persona is basically an impression of Wimpy from Popeye.

I met William Shatner about 2 decades ago. He was in my podunk town to do some ADR for the Star Trek movie with both old & new casts. He was very nice, but it was very awkward. Everyone gathered outside the booth like a bunch of stalkers, employees, spouses, and a couple of other local voice guys. He looks up and says as only he can "what.... did you sell tickets to this thing?"

• Like 1

In this interview, Jon came off as sort of an arrogant jerk... AND YET I LIKE HIM MORE AFTER LISTENING TO IT. Maybe it's because he's so funny, or just charismatic? Maybe it's because as arrogant as he can be in some ways, he still respects the greatness in others and is very obviously genuine when he praises them. Or maybe it's because he is, in spite of everything, very relatable. I think his flaws make him more likeable in some ways.

Great stories, though, and a wonderful interview overall. I learned a lot and it was fun to listen to the whole time. And while I always knew this, I have to say, my god the man is talented.

Sign in to follow this