🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 32 — Female Body Inspector

Sean and Hayes can't help dishing on their new obsession, Orange Is the New Black. They talk about the qualities that make Brooks from The Bachelorette so desirable, then review some of the best metaphors from this week on The Challenge. Then Workofholics writer-producer CRAIG DIGREGORIO is on the scene to talk about Big Brother After Dark and a shameful moment from one recent episode.

I can't believe that anyone would dare to impersonate an FBI agent, I swear my life has been saved at least 30 times by one of those brave, brave men.

I wish there could be a side podcast of the hosts and guests doing Elissa from Big Brother impressions, because I enjoyed the hell out of it

I can't believe you guys didn't discuss how horribly Brooks handled the break-up. Saying things like "I wish I was madly in love with you" and "It's sucks because there's nothing I can say to make you feel better". And when she told him she loves him, he said "Why didn't you tell me that before?" as though there was something she could've done or could do to change his mind. I really hated how phony he was on the show too. In that clip where she says she's going into a run and he's jogging (which is the same fucking thing), he's smiling literally the biggest smile he possibly could, yet when he's interviewed a second later all he's saying is that he was freaked out and he's like walking and he just doesn't know how she could feel that way about him when he really doesn't feel that way about her. Hopefully Zak will become the bachelor and then I can move on from this tragedy.

Sean explaining spaghetti was my favorite.

Have you guys seen the love Tumblr has for Laura Prepon in Orange is the New Black? It's creepy, but understandable.

• Like 2

Wow that OITNBITNH discussion really shed a new light on how I’ve been representing my favorite media. For example, I love the reality Show show. So to express that, I did what I do with my favorite bands, or maybe even movies that most people haven’t heard of – I made a t-shirt. Nothing crazy, just a cool unique tee that I made with some stencils and I wear a lot to like, comedy clubs, or lines outside of movie theatres.

When somebody who hasn’t heard of the show asks me about it, I’ll usually act all bashful and say something like “oh it’s just this podcast I listen to…” and then sort of rush to add “but you probably wouldn’t like it.” Regardless of how familiar I am with their preferences. Just to make sure they know it’s no big deal that they weren’t already aware of it.

If somebody notices it who has heard of the show, they’ll usually give me a lot of compliments about how cool it is and how much they want one. They’ll ask where I got it and I’ll tell them I made it, so they’ll think it’s even cooler and not only do I have great taste, but I’m also super creative. It’s really great.

After listening to this week’s episode I sat down and I thought to myself “Huh, what if what I’m doing isn’t about the show; what if it’s taking something that other people worked hard on and making it about me?” Then I thought “As much as I like doing this, maybe I shouldn’t?”

I haven’t watched OITNBITNH yet, but if Hemlock Grove is any indication of Netflix’s ability to establish a coherent tone and well paced storylines, I’m sure it’ll be a doozy.

• Like 4

great work on the forums last week. Jeff Ullrich called us into his office and silently poured a small amount of extra sand into the hourglass he keeps on his desk with Reality Show Show written on it, so I think that means it worked or whatever.

• Like 5

great work on the forums last week. Jeff Ullrich called us into his office and silently poured a small amount of extra sand into the hourglass he keeps on his desk with Reality Show Show written on it, so I think that means it worked or whatever.

When you were there did you happen to notice an hourglass labeled "Andy Kneis"? And if so, did you notice how much sand was left in it? I'm asking for a friend.

• Like 4

Glad to have you guys back! Nobody understands the subtle genius that is Rivals 2. So understated, yet deep, and poignant. Like when CT banged Anastasia, and then said he didn't, and then almost beat up Frank? I haven't seen such beauty on film since I watched Life of Pi.

Clem and Hayes, keep on raw-dogging these shows, your tongue-in-butt humor really makes me laugh! Except for when you talk about the Bachelor, I just don't get it ya'll! Raw-dog!

• Like 2

I'm in one of the Time Warner Cable markets that blacked out CBS, so I can't watch Big Brother. Can somebody post detailed episode recaps over a series of several posts? At this point I think 5 or more posts will get me caught up.

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

I'm in one of the Time Warner Cable markets that blacked out CBS, so I can't watch Big Brother. Can somebody post detailed episode recaps over a series of several posts? At this point I think 5 or more posts will get me caught up.

Thanks in advance!

I totally would but my religion dictates that I am only allowed to post about The Challenge. Maybe if they ever do a Challenge/Big Brother mashup...

Also, is there any way to make The Reality SHOW Show more popular without donating money? I'm pretty sure my religion only allows me to donate money to public radio. And that's in exchange for tote bags (and Diane Rehm's voice therapy sessions), which makes it a transaction rather than a donation. Do you guys accept organ donations? I have at least one kidney that I'm pretty sure is taking up extra space and I probably don't need it. It's gently used if it matters. I could also donate an appendix in a pinch.

I'm not sure which religion you abide by, but I lay my beliefs in the Cult of Cuban.

"Lo! I'm gonna switch this up and let you make me an offer, but make it good... or I'm out." Spake The MarkCuban.

And the equity came unto him thusly.

• Like 1

Well, I was getting into Lochteanity a while back when I was way into What Would Ryan Lochte Do? but I really wasn't into the whole needing to define what a player was so I think I'm going back to being a follower of His Holiness TJ Lavin. But I also worship Tom Ashbrook and Ira Glass as minor deities in their own right. I suppose you could call my religion a la carte Polytheism. It's a little bit more sophistocated than grab bag polytheism in that it has a French phrase in it and that I named two public radio show hosts.

PS - Still willing to donate that organ to Earwolf in support of The Reality SHOW Show, so I really hope someone lets me know who to c/o on the envelope.

PPS - This kidney is really starting to smell bad, so if you're gonna use it you better tell me pronto. Scott Aukerman must have a hookup in the illegal organ trade he can sell it to.

I was surprised there wasn't any ketchup talk for this week's Challenge segment, but I'm even more surprised that this post HASN'T REACHED HOT STATUS YET! What if Jeff Ulrich takes sand out of the hourglass? Female Body Inspectors have to touched more lives than just TheNarnold's!

I'm actually in the middle of filming a documentary about Female Body Inspectors. They're seen as heroes but to a lot of the women they inspect they're anything but. I'd like to say more, but I'd really like to keep your interest piqued so my doc makes lots o' $$$.

I'm interested in seeing this documentary, so please keep us informed on its progress. I just hope it's not filled with all that liberal bullshit about how Female Body Inspectors are insensitive and demeaning to women. Those guys are fucking heroes. Move over 9/11 first responders, because we have some REAL goddamn heroes here.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this