Episode 140 — Scotty Boy, My Special Boy

77 replies to this topic

#1 July Diaz

Earwolf Buddy

• Administrators
  • 1,377 posts
  • LocationUnder a roof

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:06 AM

Kulap welcomes special guest co-host Armen Weitzman to help countdown the charts with CBB’s own Scott Aukerman in an emotional episode of Who Charted! We learn a little bit about Armen’s background, what similarities he shares with Howard, and how Tom Cruise changed his life as they countdown the top 5 Billboard Adult Pop Music Chart. They also find out if Scott considers himself to be a Smurf or a Naughty, share a story that occurred while Armen was dog sitting Rocky, and discuss a tale of dating’s past. Will Armen win over Scott by the end of the episode? You’ll have to tune in to find out! Karf!

#2 WinterbornWhenTwitterHatesMe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:49 AM

That was strangely awesome.

I'm down for another Armen episode.

#3 monorailjones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:35 AM

Armen is the best possible temporary replacement for Howard; if additional Howard-less episodes are made they should absolutely feature Armen as co-host.

#4 Road Strange

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:34 AM

I'm still in the opening minutes of the episode. I just want to say:

1. Armen's awkwardness is hilarious, especially combined with Scott's curiousity.

2. I also saw the Americanrama tour (in Virginia Beach). Curious as to what Iced Boba and the Choctaw thought about the show. I thought My Morning Jacket were amazing.

#5 SpectorFrayn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:39 AM

Armen was Fantastic, I can't wait til he does a Who Charted proper. I really want to see some more comic people like Ed Brubaker or Nick Spencer

#6 Lyla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:46 AM

This episode gave me an oddly newfound respect for Scott and Ku.

#7 rararachel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:12 AM

this episode was kind of great.

#8 Lyla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:01 AM

Does this episode skip towards the end?

#9 wolfhaley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:11 AM

Armen's quirkiness is very endearing.

#10 TheNarnold

Creep

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:31 AM

I wish Armen would have his own podcast, I really enjoyed this ep. Armen, Harris and Paul would be a killer podcast group.

#11 pepperjack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:31 AM

I'm afraid I have to disagree with Orville, Jack, and Mr. There is no replacement for Howard. I guess it's better than nothing, but...

#12 rygel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:41 AM

I want Armen to be fired from Who Charted, yet still think he's a good guy and root for him and want him to push through.

#13 bigicecream

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:45 AM

Soooo much respect for Howard now.

Especially after the last Tooch.

#14 MattCameron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:48 AM

View PostLyla Rozelle, on 07 August 2013 - 06:01 AM, said:

Does this episode skip towards the end?

Yeah. Weird. Didn't finish.

#15 LemonDropKid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationNashville

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:59 AM

I just about lost it at the "Y'know, I love pussy" a few minutes in.

#16 RicketyCricket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:00 AM

Wish I could agree with others - this doesn't even count as Whooch to me...without THE host it's not the same. Armen can have his own show, but it shouldn't be called Who Charted. And after last week's Twooch this is doubly disappointing for me because Howard was awesome on Friday and I wanted Ku's reaction to that...

I know these are my own hang-ups but there's no second Howard Kremer and without him this show just isn't the same for me.

#17 Wooden Afterclank

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:10 AM

I'm about 15 minutes into this episode, and after Armen's rickety (but strangely funny) introduction my first thoughts were, since this is make-em-up time without Howard anyway, why not just flip it so Scott is the host and Armen is the guest?

Ah, the music chart's started -- let's see how this goes!

#18 Gym Sockerman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:30 AM

I know Armen!

Watch all of these.

#19 TheNarnold

Creep

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:44 AM

View PostRicketyCricket, on 07 August 2013 - 07:00 AM, said:

Wish I could agree with others - this doesn't even count as Whooch to me...without THE host it's not the same. Armen can have his own show, but it shouldn't be called Who Charted. And after last week's Twooch this is doubly disappointing for me because Howard was awesome on Friday and I wanted Ku's reaction to that...

I know these are my own hang-ups but there's no second Howard Kremer and without him this show just isn't the same for me.

No one is replacing Howard, he's on tour and can't record. So either they'd have to have recorded a couple in advance or just skip a couple weeks. I find nerds (myself certainly included) get upset at change, and are lashing out at a very funny individual who actually did a great job.

#20 Michael Wo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:04 AM

This has been a crazy couple of weeks for Whooch and Tooch! Armen was a bizarro Howard sort of like how April was a bizarro Kulap last week. I'm hoping we just get Ku + engineer on Friday...

I like how Armen did almost no "hosting" in the show. Luckily, they had Scottobot there, and he basically becomes the co-host with Ku. Scott treats Armen like a special Bang Bang "open door policy" guest.