🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 159 — Stink Sacks

The voice maestro, Toby Huss shares the story of his journey from a garage in North Hollywood to the big leagues on today’s Sklarbro Country! Toby tells us about making the choice to take a Greyhound bus from Iowa to New York, how he started working with Mike Judge by doing voices on Beavis and Butthead, and the origin of his character Artie, The Strongest Man In The World. He also gives us a taste of his Frank Sinatra, takes us through what he learned about Clyde Sukeforth’s life in preparation to portray him in the film “42,” and explains where the voice of Kahn of King of The Hill came from. That’s not all, our resident Fantasy-ologist Jesse Thorn has some important tips for those in a Fantasy Summer Camp League just in time for summertime! Citizens of Arizona, come see Randy & Jason perform stand-up at the Tempe Improv on Thursday, August 15th through Saturday August 17th! Get your tickets at www.tempeimprov.com

Very gracious for this episode. Toby Huss has done a lot of great things that I don't think I've taken in full appreciation. He was awesome on Pete and Pete. He was awesome as Cotton/Kahn on King of the Hill. He was REALLY fucking funny when he did Reno 911. This was a really cool insider with Huss, and his stories growing up and making a living were really fascinating.

• Like 1

King of the Hill is one of my all-time favorite shows (and I think it's sort of an under-appreciated classic in the comedy world), so this was a real treat.

Great episode, I loved Toby's characters on King of the Hill, and the Sinatra stuff was awesome too.

I think I was the person (or one of the people) who told you guys how much I liked the behind the scenes stuff about getting into comedy, this episode being a prime example. Keep it coming guys, and thanks again for all the laughs at the Seattle show!

Sign in to follow this