Episode 239 — New Dad

62 replies to this topic

#1 July Diaz

Earwolf Buddy

• Administrators
  • 1,520 posts
  • LocationUnder a roof

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:36 PM

SNL alum and Mohr Stories host Jay Mohr makes his first appearance on today’s Comedy Bang! Bang! After a discussion on the central time zone, Scott’s neighbor drops by to tell us all about being a new dad and how to keep a baby happy. Plus, a life changing game of Would You Rather!

#2 Paul <3 chemicals

Wal-Fin Greeter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationGold Coast, Australia

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:23 AM

Blahbabiboo-bonus.

I love that as a first timer, Jay gets in on the act immediately and even goes a step further and sides with Matt's character instead of being a sideline participant.

Would love to see him on with Cake Boss or even come as a character himself... he is one of the most talented impressionists around.

Mohr please.
Interests: nature, musicals, Law & Order, cake, parties, exercise, cowboys, girls,pretzels, water-skiing, bad movies, summah, xenomorphs, ponies, trumpet, Atlantis, the Vatican, Bjork, Tom Petty, U2 & Staind

#3 Road Strange

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:51 AM

Yeah, Jay was actually really entertaining and did a good job encouraging the character. Besser's dad character having the same complaints as he did on the recent i4h for the laughs.

#4 James Woods Jr.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:54 AM

Only partially through but Scotty has already missed so many MY WIIIIIFEs that it's making me kind of upset.

#5 rararachel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:55 AM

sports!

#6 MattCameron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:08 AM

Mohr was great. Played along very well. Great ep.

That WYR? was used on ep 144.

#7 AlamoBasement

cap n' crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Locationnew jersey

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:33 AM

i usually shy away from mohr but he was fantastic on here i loved his attitude.. and of course besser rules.. thanks choctaw!

#8 StanSitwell

Alpaca

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:19 AM

I was hoping Mohr would hit us with his amazing Tracy Morgan impression, but the Quinn he was putting out there was pretty great too.

Good first appearance by a guy who does characs so well he should have been on in that form years ago

#9 Bruce Reid Robinson II

No good, two-bit, hippy womanizer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationAny farm in Oregon

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:35 AM

We can all call Besser "Matt-daddy" now right?

#10 MarmOfSmarm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:49 AM

Why is the b-b-bonus-s-s episode being released on Friday?! I don't like change! It makes me anxious!!!

I will be spending the week fretting and anticipating.

#11 Shannon

• Administrators
  • 950 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:54 AM

What a lovely treat.

As soon as Jay started with the baby talk I knew it was going to be a good one.

"Ah, right wing baby gets me every time"

#12 GittyHorse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:01 AM

Great episode! Being a dad, I could totally relate to wanting to raise my child up as a clone of myself. "Daddy" is a great name for a precious little girl. I really hope Scott can relate one day to being a new dad but, I feel he's going to have to live through others. One day though, I think Scott should borrow a baby, maybe a month old one and just take it home, leave it lying around the house, wash it off maybe, feed it...just see what it's like to have one around. :ph34r:

#13 Steve Henel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:13 AM

Jumping in on the Jay Mohr love. His Colin Quinn was great. I'd really love to see him do a "Tough Crowd" episode with other CBB characters, like Jesse Ventura and Ice-T.

#14 Harry Charles

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:17 AM

I called ahead of time and reserved a bunch of spots in your listening audience just so jay would feel self conscious about not performing for a full crowd.

#15 Syme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:21 AM

View PostJames Woods Jr., on 19 August 2013 - 04:54 AM, said:

Only partially through but Scotty has already missed so many MY WIIIIIFEs that it's making me kind of upset.

I'm kind of glad he's pulled back from them, it needs a break.

#16 seanotron

The Gifmaster General

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:14 AM

View PostSyme, on 19 August 2013 - 08:21 AM, said:

I'm kind of glad he's pulled back from them, it needs a break.

Posted Image

#17 seanotron

The Gifmaster General

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:20 AM

I was impressed that Jay not only knew Belle & Sebastian, but knew the back catalog well enough to namecheck 'I Fought In A War'.

#18 ApathyMonger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:23 AM

View PostMarmOfSmarm, on 19 August 2013 - 07:49 AM, said:

Why is the b-b-bonus-s-s episode being released on Friday?! I don't like change! It makes me anxious!!!

I will be spending the week fretting and anticipating.

Maybe it's a Thursday recording? The World's End is out Friday, it could be an Edgar Wright episode.

#19 Michael Bay of Pigs

Formerly Bill Russell Crowe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationBroward Country, Florida

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:33 AM

lol, some one deleted my "first!" post. I was just waiting for jaymohr35 to post "fifth!"
^cool post

#20 Jackson1326657838

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:06 PM

So Matt Besser is doing a character of himself? I'm pretty sure the stories he told in character were just his real experiences. Still funny but a bit too meta for me.

Also, in general I'm dissapointed at the reaction to Jay Mohr. He's been doing this a long time and yet many people's reactions are, "oh wow, he ACTUALLY did well." I think it's super insulting. If you've been listening to his appearances on Adam Carolla, you're getting the same level of comedy. Not to mention he is a twenty year veteran of comedy since doing two years on SNL starting in '93. Jay is great, don't be surprised about it please.