🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Memphish_Boognish

Why has Gelmania disappeared ?

It looks like Gelman is striking out on his own. Per his Twitter account:

@jonah_kaufman the podcast will be dropping soon. Itll be everywhere. But @kingcyrusking and I will be putting it out ourselves.

The full set is still available on Soundcloud, though that may not be the case for much longer.

It looks like Gelman is striking out on his own. Per his Twitter account:

The full set is still available on Soundcloud, though that may not be the case for much longer.

That's my tweet he answered!

After that I knew he was doing it on his own, I was just surprised the old eps got taken off Earwolf

I hope it's no hard feeling or anything and we see Gelman on CBB again sometime soon, I miss him as a guest, it's been a while since we've seen him

Hello astute and loyal listeners - you are correct, Gelmania is no longer listed on Earwolf.

I wish I could report some sort of sordid drama that resulted in this happening, but that's just not the case. The truth is that Brett and Cyrus have largely operated independently for almost the entire run of the show. They hit it off with each other immediately and because the show was so production heavy and collaborative between them, they did a lot of the work outside of Earwolf. I remember bitching to Cyrus at the time, "We can't afford to spend 20 hours a week on one show!" and him saying, "I'll do most of it on my own time at home." And thank god he did. As time went on, that became more and more the case until Cyrus was just sending us files. Which was totally fine, but we were all a little less connected than at the start.

A little while back, I got a call from Brett and he let me know that they were going to start doing something new with Gelmania, hard to even call it a podcast and thought it would be best to do it as it's own thing, that it wouldn't make as much sense for us or them as it used to. I agreed and said we'd help in whatever way we could. We had a good chat and I felt (and still do) good about our role in helping get those two creative geniuses together, but it was time to let them morph into something amazing that I couldn't even fathom.

So it's bittersweet that effective today, Earwolf.com is Gelmania-free. It's been a part of us for a long time and I'm sad to see it go. But at the same time, there is great comedy on the internet in places that aren't Earwolf and that's a good thing for everyone. These guys are going to make world changing content and I look forward to watching the ®evolution and supporting however I can.

Thank you Brett and Cyrus for giving us a chance to work with you and be associated with some of the most thoughtful, gritty and well produced comedy in podcasting, you'll be missed!

• Like 11

Thanks for the response Jeff

I am glad to hear it wasn't a bitter break up

I look forward to seeing what they do with Gelmania now

And again I hope to see Brett return soon on CBB and some other Earwolf podcasts as well

• Like 1

So when and where is the next Gelmania episode going to be?

Your best bet is to follow Brett on twitter (@brettgelman), Tumblr (http://brettgelman.tumblr.com) and Gelmania on Soundcloud (

), for all their latest goings-on. From the rumblings we've been hearing, we should see something real soon!
  • Like 1