🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 69.5 — Minisode 69.5

You’ve been asking what the movie is for the upcoming LIVE at Largo show and we finally have the answer for you. It involves 2 things: the precise nature of gymnastics and the killing power of karate. Paul also reads some Corrections & Omissions for Crocodile Dundee In Los Angeles, announces the winner of last week’s Movie Title Game, and answers all of your strange dog questions. Don’t forget to catch Season 3 of NTSF:SD:SUV:: Thursdays at midnight on Adult Swim, check out all the episodes of The ArScheerio Paul Show on

, and follow us on Twitter (@HDTGM).

YYYYEEEESSSSS!!! This might be the most excited I've been for a movie choice, I really wanted them to do this one. I'm going to pretend that it was my comments in the forum that was the tipping point.

• Like 3

YYYYEEEESSSSS!!! This might be the most excited I've been for a movie choice, I really wanted them to do this one. I'm going to pretend that it was my comments in the forum that was the tipping point.

That said, if they finally ever do "Southland Tales", I will claim FULL responsibility for that one! Bwahahahahaha!

Holy crap, Gymkata! Just an amazing choice and perfect for this podcast. I've had a couple viewing parties for it and it never fails to entertain/baffle folks that it got made at all. This should be fantastic.

Points I'm hoping they mention

1. The sad flag ninjas

2. "Yakmallah!"

3. Thorg's wrist guards

and of course,

4. The utterly bonkers, "Village of the Crazies"

In case you don't want to devote the full 90 minutes to watching the flick on YouTube, there's a great rundown of it here:

http://www.i-mockery...imocks/gymkata/

16.gif

Yosh!

• Like 1

While your comments were technically "better" than mine. I was last so...I'll be taking credit.

Oh man, this movie does look pretty good. This is basically Paul Hamm goes to the kumite and beats people up on the pommel horse.

• Like 2

Also, the first photo that came up when I googled this movie was an upskirt of the main character.

gymkata-3.jpg

• Like 1

While your comments were technically "better" than mine. I was last so...I'll be taking credit.

Let's just chalk it up to a group effort. Way to go team. High fives all around.

• Like 1

FUCK YES.

Watch this movie, people. You have to really see the craziness unfold -- there's a lot of shit they're going to mention that will go unappreciated without prior viewing (not that the movie makes a lot of sense to begin with).

I fully expect them to spend at least ten minutes talking about the fake country's name: "Parmistan".

You can get it for $6 with fast shipping, if you have Amazon Prime. It's also available to stream on Amazon. It's a bad/good movie classic, and well worth owning.

I don't think I've been more excited for an episode since I started listening to this show. This is going to be great. I wonder who the guest is going to be?

This movie on youtube

Enjoy!

Edited by Shariq Torres
  • Like 3

If a person was to google "gymkata full movie" they may possibly be able to find the whole thing out there on a certain video streaming site...

(and Shariq beats me by a minute)

If a person was to google "gymkata full movie" they may possibly be able to find the whole thing out there on a certain video streaming site...

(and Shariq beats me by a minute)

When you combine the skill of googling with the kill of gymkata, you create a new deadly art....Bingkata!

• Like 1

When you combine the skill of googling with the kill of gymkata, you create a new deadly art....Bingkata!

You had me at Bing.

(Damn you, Bruce Reid Robinson II.)

The listenership for HDTGM must be growing in giant leaps; the whole explanation of "this is what we do on the show" during the minisode must have been due to that. This has got to be the #2 show on Earwolf now, right?

• Like 1

I also had to google if Kurt Thomas was straight or not, because the kissing is really awkward. I thought for a minute that this was a "Mr. Right"-like situation for him.

"That would be like Sascha Baron Cohen saying 'Borat is based on my life'."

Paul, I think you meant "my life!"

• Like 4

I'd only seen the pommel horse clip before today, didn't know anything else about the film, and had no idea the plot was this bonkers. I'm a total sucker for anything based around a deadly survival of the fittest game. I can only hope that this is the start of a trend and eventually they'll also choose gems like The Running Man, Surviving The Game, Death Race (the Jason Statham remake, of course), Gamer, and Hard Target.

OH, I just thought of something! This episode has the potential for a lot of "What is a street fighter?" style discussions.

The listenership for HDTGM must be growing in giant leaps; the whole explanation of "this is what we do on the show" during the minisode must have been due to that. This has got to be the #2 show on Earwolf now, right?

If that's the case, then it's only a matter of time before HDTGM gets a show on IFC and this site slowly becomes obsolete. I think the need to reexplain the show during the minisode might be due to new viewers coming from the increasingly active Facebook and Twitter, but I'm not a scientist so I cant say for sure.