🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Brett Arnold

Episode 240 — #TheWorldsEnd

Edgar Wright dropped a Great Mouse Detective reference that no one picked up. TSK TSK!

But you and a few of us caught it! ATTABOY!

• Like 3

To those talking about it, I've already been able to see The World's End twice (once at a last minute screening on Wednesday, and again at a midnight showing I bought the ticket for weeks ago). It is great. Go support good things.

I think this might've been the b-b-b-best b-b-b-bonus-s-s-s episode ever.

• Like 1

Sweet bonus ep! Gave me something to enjoy today while I'm off work with a cold. Also, I hope Sharon Gless will come on to promote the final episode of Burn Notice, and assert that she doesn't need a big red D next to her name in show credits.

Scott missed golden opportunities for "my wife" and "iPad, iPod...", but other than that, great episode! Really looking forward to TWE, might watch the first two of the "trilogy" this weekend to get extra fired up.

• Like 2

I really enjoyed this episode. In fact, I might be crazy, but I think these dudes are gonna make it in this crazy biz (business).

TAKE SHOES AAAFFFF!

This was such a fun, fun, fun episode. The three played along very well. The Michael Caine/Sean Connery segment was really great, and they were awesome during Would You Rather.

• Like 3

this made my night.i just finished watching Spaced and Hyperdrive and have been itching for more of this crew. thanks for another gem. i love these guys

Holy shit these guys GOT IT. So sweet to hear first time guests fit right in. I laughed very hard when Scott let the WYR theme play out along with the admonishment.

• Like 2

Although I'm sure that Edgar "the Doug Loves Movies Savant" Wright must have realized this, does anyone think that either Scott or Nick ever really got it through their head that when Simon kept referring to Michael Caine's relationship with "Shakira," he was originally referring to Michael Caine's real-life wife and Man Would Be King co-star Shakira Caine, and not -- you know -- the Columbian musical sensation? Simon explicitly mentioned this once, but the moment passed pretty quickly and I'm not sure that anyone else really caught his meaning. I don't know, maybe Nick got it, but was just playing up the misunderstanding for comedy.

The idea of an aging Michael Caine stalking and wooing "Hips Don't Lie" Shakira is probably a hell of a lot funnier anyway, but I was just wondering if people really caught the disparity there.

Wow. I knew Wright, Pegg and Frost were good value, but I certainly wasn't expecting the episode to be as good as it was. Consistently hilarious for the full duration.

• Like 3

At 21:38 when Simon says "I hate you.. so much. I can't even look at you...I've shut my eyes." I think he sounded a lot like Noel Fielding being embarrassed by Barratt's dad antics.

Although I'm sure that Edgar "the Doug Loves Movies Savant" Wright must have realized this, does anyone think that either Scott or Nick ever really got it through their head that when Simon kept referring to Michael Caine's relationship with "Shakira," he was originally referring to Michael Caine's real-life wife and Man Would Be King co-star Shakira Caine, and not -- you know -- the Columbian musical sensation? Simon explicitly mentioned this once, but the moment passed pretty quickly and I'm not sure that anyone else really caught his meaning. I don't know, maybe Nick got it, but was just playing up the misunderstanding for comedy.

The idea of an aging Michael Caine stalking and wooing "Hips Don't Lie" Shakira is probably a hell of a lot funnier anyway, but I was just wondering if people really caught the disparity there.

The great thing about that is the story Simon told as Michael Caine is actually pretty close to reality. Caine really did see her in an ad in a magazine and decided she was so beautiful he had to find her and marry her.

• Like 1

The Michael Caine and Sean Connery parts were amazing, especially the "she was a young girl" part. I feel like I need to watch more old Michael Caine movies to get all the references that were dropped.

Also the 46 virgin bees in heaven.

• Like 2

So, I'm watching Shaun of the Dead right now. In the scene where the zombies first attack their house, they throw records at them in defense. After vetoing a few potential choices, the first one that Shaun approves for throwing? The Batman soundtrack! I can't believe Scott didn't call Edgar and Simon out for this.

• Like 1

Scott missed golden opportunities for "my wife" and "iPad, iPod...", but other than that, great episode! Really looking forward to TWE, might watch the first two of the "trilogy" this weekend to get extra fired up.

In Scott's defense he did manage to squeeze in a Barack Hussein Obamacare.

• Like 4

The whole bit about how a red "DEAD" stamp should appear on tv when cast members are deceased had me cracking up. It all had me cracking up. They were all great, but Simon Pegg was on fire.

• Like 1