🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Brett Arnold

Episode 119 — Live from Brooklyn / Habits

The hatch hiatus continues as Professor Blastoff comes to you live from The Bell House in Brooklyn, NY! David, Tig and Kyle hilariously interact with some old friends who serendipitously reunited in the audience at the show before engaging in an incredibly memorable acapella rendition of an A-Ha classic. After spending way too much time talking about gonorrhea, the gang welcomes Pulitzer Prize winning journalist Charles Duhigg, author of the New York Times Bestseller "The Power of Habit", to talk about all things related to habits and play a rather scathing round of What's Nuts? Charles talks about the difference between good and bad habits before the Blastoff crew reveal their own personal bad habits, and eventually the audience gets in on the action and share their own vices with our expert guest. And yup, you guessed it — we also Name That Punky!

• Like 1

I can't believe it took so long to make the Wagoneeny guy comparison to Charles's voice. As soon as I heard him start talking I immediately noticed it. Great episode guys and Charles had a perfect laugh for this podcast.

• Like 4

HOLY HOLY HOLY, Barry, I was listening to the ep while preoccupied with other things, but as the podcast progressed I was like, "Charles sounds a bit like Wagonini Guy. I'm kind of getting distracted by the fact that he sounds like Wagonini Guy. Is anybody else picking up on this? Holy shit..."

Then when It was brought to the fore, and the audience was getting in on the observation, I was LOSING MY MIND. TEARS. TEARS, streaming down my face. SO funny.

I hate to admit it, but I have not been necessarily clamoring for the live shows lately. There was a tiny bit of a slump for a couple episodes. I don't know if it was the crowds, the hosts, or the guests, or some combination of the three, but for a few episodes, well, they just weren't doing it for me. That has all changed for the past few episodes. The gang has been ON FIRE, and I couldn't be happier for them, their crowds, and their guests. This latest episode is murdering me, and last week's was HIGHLY, HIGHLY entertaining, as was the one before that.

Good on you, Professor Blastoff!

• Like 1

P.S. I'm not really OCD, but I have/have had OCD tendencies. I used to make sure not to step on any cracks in the sidewalk. Now I step on cracks, but every time I do I am aware of it.

I hate to admit it, but I have not been necessarily clamoring for the live shows lately. There was a tiny bit of a slump for a couple episodes. I don't know if it was the crowds, the hosts, or the guests, or some combination of the three, but for a few episodes, well, they just weren't doing it for me. That has all changed for the past few episodes. The gang has been ON FIRE, and I couldn't be happier for them, their crowds, and their guests. This latest episode is murdering me, and last week's was HIGHLY, HIGHLY entertaining, as was the one before that.

Totally agree with all of this. Loved this episode.

Best episode yet. Tig was justifiably relentless with the Wagonini Guy bit. I started to feel a little bad for him, but that sympathy quickly dissolved each time he re-re-re-re-name dropped Pulitzer Prize and The New York Times.

• Like 1

What a solid episode!! Great guest, the Wagonini guy bits and the Name That Punky round were hilarious... Good stuffy all around!

The best part of listening to these pre-recorded live shows is hearing the evolution of Name That Punky on the road. I remember when the live tour started, NTP was a new game, and I didn't expect it would be ubiquitous so quickly. When Kyle went nuts on the stage in Portland, I knew then that some crazy stuff must have gone down in the mean time. I'm glad I'm getting to hear it.

Plus the gang in front of a crowd is just awesome.

Listening to this one made me realize just how addicted to PB I am.

Sign in to follow this