🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 35 — Riddle Me Why

Sean and Hayes give us a glimpse into what their SNL auditions were like, confess that they were wrong about Whodunnit, and explain why The Challenge should be getting the same kind of attention that professional sports does. Then, it’s the return of BUS STOP THE MYSTERY EXECUTIVE who is in the studio to deliver the scoop on the upcoming seasons of Shark Tank, Survivor, and The Voice.

AMAZING episode of the Challenge this week.

*sits back and watches forum thread turn into argument about second wave vs. third wave feminism and the impact on non-white populations*

• Like 4

Clearly, the Whodunnit finale marks a victory for global sexualities and feministing in society by revealing the killer to be a womYn. Sean and Hayes didn't have time to mention during the show, but the meta-situational social media twitter performance by http://twitter.com/WhodunnitKiller created a social contract with it's own "followers" (no doubt a Twitter-based pair word phrase inspired by the Kevin Bacon series, The Following).

• Like 1

Amazing episode. Great job this week guys! I especially loved the scoop about Shark Tank and your SNL auditions. As a total comedy nerd I love hearing the behind-the-scenes stuff about shows that do comedy like SNL.

PS I heard that this forum can get a little heated at times so I really hope nobody trolls me or flame wars me. I would really hate it if that happened.

• Like 1

In reference to Survivor's casting you guys said that you hope someone's fiancée isn't blood related. I kind of hope that they are and that they find out during the season. That would be super great (for me [which is, incidentally, what is important to me]).

Also, fuck college. Amen guys. In fact, I was gonna start my last year at the University of Washington (U Dub!) in a couple weeks but now I'm gonna drop out. Thanks for the advice guys, you totally opened my mind to the truth!

I died when Sean said "I'm a bad bitch."

You know, you guys really offended me this week. It's one thing to make jokes about the situation surrounding Gia, from the Bachelor's suicide. It's another totally different one to make jokes about people who are still alive being dead. I mean, what if someone didn't know you guys were kidding and that you guys hosted a comedy podcast? So uncool guys.

Also, you aren't even real nerd girls.

um i dont mean to make this awkward or anything but you forgot to say my name on the podcast again

• Like 2

I wish the Riddler said 'Riddle me why, Batman!' all the time. Then I wished that Alfred would always demand hugs after being saved. Also...dog collars.

• Like 1

Looks like we're not ever going to have another flame war in the forums this week. The reason is simple, both sides now know how to destroy their opponent. If anyone jumps up, all they need to break out is "RIDDLE ME WHY" and the debate is closed.

• Like 4

Seriously guys. I'm only here because I love the show. Nobody flame or troll me please.

• Like 1

Seriously guys. I'm only here because I love the show. Nobody flame or troll me please.

You know, you say "nobody flame or troll me please," but what I think is you're doing is leaving a metafictional, and, maybe--ok, I'll say it--postmodern, invitation to be flamed or trolled.

Let's just cut out all the crap filler in the next 20 or so forum postings where you're being trolled and just jump ahead in the story to after you got flamed.

• Like 7

You know, you say "nobody flame or troll me please," but what I think is you're doing is leaving a metafictional, and, maybe--ok, I'll say it--postmodern, invitation to be flamed or trolled.

Let's just cut out all the crap filler in the next 20 or so forum postings where you're being trolled and just jump ahead in the story to after you got flamed.

Sorry, I don't actually know what any of those internet words mean. I just wanted to fit in. ;)

• Like 1

WOW guys I don't know how to tell you this but it's not exactly normal for LORNE MICHAELS to fly you out personally to audition for SNL! Oh my god guys there's so much I need to tell you this is not good ugh man. :wacko:

Heres a thing you don't know about me. Anytime I hear something meta-fictional or post-modern in my ears, I nod my head as if to say "yes, I understand and also agree. I understand sooooooooooo much. I get this. Maybe some people don't, but I get this for sure. I know what those words mean, you definitely don't need to explain them to me."

It's like, if I didn't know what you guys were talking about I wouldn't nod my head. But I nodded my head during the entire episode. So i DEFINITELY get it.

I know I don't NEED to say this, but if people don't get what I'm saying here, it's both metafictional AND postmodern.

• Like 3

Postmodernism is dead.

So is 21st-century metafictionalism.

I was a philosophy minor for three weeks in freshman year, so you're welcome.

• Like 2

PS-Riddle me why Valerie Bryant hasn't gotten controversial on this topic yet.

PPS-Also, on The Challenge this week no one took their meds.

IT. WAS. AMAZING!!!!!!

Camilla [literally] claims that Johnny crucified her.

The episode title is "Thrilla in Camilla," which sounds somewhat dirty.

Camilla [literally] claims that Johnny crucified her.

Get it right. According to Camilla, the correct pronunciation is "crucyfy".

• Like 1

Get it right. According to Camilla, the correct pronunciation is "crucyfy".

You can use crucyfixes to scare off draculers

• Like 3

PPPS-I'm beginning to think that Cara Maria might be a REAL nerd girl.

I also have suspicions that CT may be a centaur.

• Like 1

PS-Riddle me why Valerie Bryant hasn't gotten controversial on this topic yet.

I'm sorry, Chanson, I just didn't want to bring the forums down during this difficult time in my life. These forums are hot and these days I'm not feeling so...that way. I can't stop thinking about all of the people who lost their lives on Whodunnit. I know they're zombies now and they probably have a lot of good opportunities arising (from the dead, even), but I can't help but feel like the show could've found another way. Maybe just pretend to kill the contestants or something, but I know that's silly. That would be like Michael Haneke using CG to show a horse having it's throat slit in his movie instead of using an actual horse. The audience would feel cheated. Showbiz...Can't live with it, can't live without it. Also cats are better than dogs.

• Like 1

You know, I totally understand. I think it's probably okay though, I'm sure they'll be able to get parts on the Walking Dead for some time and maybe something will come up on True Blood for them as well. It seems like being dead is actually quite a good career move in Hollywood right now.

It's just that it isn't the same when you don't get controversial... This forum just lacks that certain je ne sais quoi when you don't throw a spanner of controversy into the metaphorical works. Also, with Jerkface conspicuously absent we all have to pull a little more weight than usual...

Recently, I too have spent some of time thinking about my place in these forums and just what my role should be here. I've come to realize that we're really just lucky that Sean and Hayes even allow us to listen to their podcast at this point with all the bad bad things we've done and all. It's so nice of them not to have punished us for our transgressions. Maybe some day we'll stop screwing up so badly...

I, for one, just want to personally say how sorry I am to Sean and Hayes for all of the bad things that I've done on these forums, for all of the revolts and uprisings against them that I have attempted to start, and for having impure thoughts involving both of them and a draculer. I now know how wrong all of those things were and I am truly sorry.

DEAR GOD, dear god, dear god... these two guys are the funniest people ever.

Can you think of someone even close to as funny as either of these guys?

The answer is no.

Geniuses.

Not just funny, but CONSTANTLY funny.

They are so good that it boggles the mind.

Mind-bogglingly funny.

How does this happen?

• Like 1