🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Lando

Actors who are underrepresented on the show

That's a good analogy, and a couple of his movies are like taquitos, which I eat without any drugs or alcohol in my system...

I'm a 2/$3 quarter pound Big Bite guy myself.

• Like 1

I pose a question for you folks. Say that you are sentenced to be given the Clockwork Orange treatment but you are allowed to choose between randomly assigned Adam Sandler or Dane Cook movies. Which do you pick?

I pose a question for you folks. Say that you are sentenced to be given the Clockwork Orange treatment but you are allowed to choose between randomly assigned Adam Sandler or Dane Cook movies. Which do you pick?

Sandler and it's not even close.

Well, based on the size of the body of work, I'd say Dane Cook for no other reason than it would be over sooner. If it was running on an eternal loop, I think I'd still say Cook, because Sandler's films seem to be as much or even more of an assault on your hearing as they are on your eyeballs. In Sandler's case, I think I'd run the risk of losing my sight anyway based on the sheer force and frequency of eye-rolling. I'm afraid that my eyes might somehow detach themselves.

Lando - Why would you not select Adam Sandler vs Dana Carvey. Dane Cook, unlike Adam Sandler I've seen a lot more of Dane Cook work. like Guns, Girls and Gambling. was not that bad, I'll watch any movie like a sucker with Christian Slater in it. I am a fan of his work. also Gary Oldman, he plays elvis in GGG, yep you read that right. Gary Oldman is a master of impersonation.

To be truthful GGG could almost be a HDTGM movie.

Dana Carvey isn't that controversial is he? Cook is controversial or generally looked down upon. Guns, Girls & Gambling looks a bit like 3000 Miles to Graceland

Trick question; I choke on my tongue.

• Like 1

Dana Carvey isn't that controversial is he? Cook is controversial or generally looked down upon. Guns, Girls & Gambling looks a bit like 3000 Miles to Graceland

I would say it's more like Reindeer Games then 3000 Miles to Graceland but it's still good fun. Jeff Fahey is in this movie and I think sorta steals it. but it's a good Friday night movie, hang out with the friends and watch a stupid movie, kinda thing.

I go with Dane Cook. He made that one movie with Jessica Simpson, who is sort of nice to look at, and Andy Dick, who is sort of funny. But if you include Cook's standup specials, then I begin to plead to you for mercy.

I go with Dane Cook. He made that one movie with Jessica Simpson, who is sort of nice to look at, and Andy Dick, who is sort of funny. But if you include Cook's standup specials, then I begin to plead to you for mercy.

The movie "Mr. Brooks", where he's blackmailing serial killer Kevin Costner, was pretty decent. Maybe I just think that Dane Cook should be beaten to death with a shovel in EVERY movie.

The movie "Mr. Brooks", where he's blackmailing serial killer Kevin Costner, was pretty decent. Maybe I just think that Dane Cook should be beaten to death with a shovel in EVERY movie.

That would have made Employee of the Month even better if at 15 minutes in, Dax had just beat Dane Cook to death and then it was a buddy detective movie with Jessica Simpson and Andy Dick.

• Like 1

That would have made Employee of the Month even better if at 15 minutes in, Dax had just beat Dane Cook to death and then it was a buddy detective movie with Jessica Simpson and Andy Dick.

Or "Good Luck Chuck". Yeah, poor guy gets laid all the time but the girls keep ending up with someone else, and then BAM, skull caved in. A raunchy sex comedy that all of a sudden becomes "Auto Focus" at the end.

How about "Planes"? Cook's plane self just gets beaten with shovels at the end. Fun for the whole family.

• Like 4

Dana Carvey isn't that controversial is he?

Lando, no he's not a controversial actor but he's made equally bad movies as Adam Sandler has. I was thinking the same level of shit..

Lando, no he's not a controversial actor but he's made equally bad movies as Adam Sandler has. I was thinking the same level of shit.

His body of work is much smaller, and he has the "Wayne's World" movies, so percentage-wise, I think he's way better off than Sandler.. What else was he in? I can think of "Master of Disguise", "Clean Slate", and "Opportunity Knocks". His post-SNL solo movie career never really took off.

I think that part of the anti-Sandler sentiment is a personal dislike of him based on previous bad movie going experiences. I think his appearance causes people to automatically shave some points off of a movie before he opens his mouth regardless of how much they might have enjoyed the movie had they never heard of Sandler before. I think the same goes for Dane Cook, but I don't think too many people dislike Dana Carvey personally.

Anyone listen to the You Made It Weird with Dane Cook as a guest? I'm kinda interested to know if there's more to him but I also don't really care for him; he's one of those comedians who isn't even on my radar at all.

I think that part of the anti-Sandler sentiment is a personal dislike of him based on previous bad movie going experiences. I think his appearance causes people to automatically shave some points off of a movie before he opens his mouth regardless of how much they might have enjoyed the movie had they never heard of Sandler before. I think the same goes for Dane Cook, but I don't think too many people dislike Dana Carvey personally.

Also, there's a lot riding on whether or not there's a "funny" voice when he first opens his mouth too. If you can have the "Vengeance Trilogy", which are three movies by the same director about people getting revenge, and the "Cornetto" trilogy, three movies by the same team of people featuring a certain brand of frozen treat, can we at least have a name for the dozen or so comedies in a row where Adam Sandler spoke like a child/hick/mentally handicapped person/foreigner/childish foreign handicapped person? While we're at it, how about the Sylvester Stallone "Cop that plays by his own rules Decalogy" from the 80's-90's?

Anyone listen to the You Made It Weird with Dane Cook as a guest? I'm kinda interested to know if there's more to him but I also don't really care for him; he's one of those comedians who isn't even on my radar at all.

Downloading it now, thanks Cat & Beard. I like "You made it weird" podcast show. Tell me have you ever listen to any of the You made it weird movie podcast? it's on itunes.

I never really found Dane Cook to be all that bad. not really sure what you guys are talking about. when it comes to trashing the guy.

Downloading it now, thanks Cat & Beard. I like "You made it weird" podcast show. Tell me have you ever listen to any of the You made it weird movie podcast? it's on itunes.

I never really found Dane Cook to be all that bad. not really sure what you guys are talking about. when it comes to trashing the guy.

I don't know anything about the YMIW movie podcast; I can't seem to find it. Yeah, I like YMIW, but I only listen to it when the guest is someone I like (Kumail Nanjiani, Chelsea Peretti, Kristen Schaal (I could just listen to her speak for hours), etc) because Pete's personality is sometimes mildly grating. And I've heard enough about your ex-wife, Petey Pie, give it a rest.

I have seen made ten minutes of Dane Cook on youtube by accident. I could just tell immediately that I wasn't going to like it, I don't like his style or delivery. I don't hate him or anything, I guess he seems like someone who appeals to the bro crowd. I think he has this image of being a douchy bro kinda guy who is shooting for the lowest common denominator. Whether that reputation is true or deserved, I don't know.

You Made It Weird Movies!. it's not free you have to buy each show. It's a mystery science theatre 3000 type show. you watch the movie and listen to the podcast as you watch along. I have not tried it yet. but it looks fun. that link may not work out side the US so if anyones reading this out side. you'll have to do a search inside your itunes store for the show. Dam itunes making our lifes uneasy. why can't they just have one store to rule them all.

I have seen made ten minutes of Dane Cook on youtube by accident. I could just tell immediately that I wasn't going to like it, I don't like his style or delivery. I don't hate him or anything, I guess he seems like someone who appeals to the bro crowd. I think he has this image of being a douchy bro kinda guy who is shooting for the lowest common denominator. Whether that reputation is true or deserved, I don't know.

Dane Cook's material isn't too bad. I just thought it was better when I heard from Louis C.K. Seriously though, Dane Cook for me is a lot like Daniel Tosh, except Tosh will occasionally screw up and tell a decent joke.

How has nobody said Ashton Kutcher? Texas Rangers (2% on Rotten Tomatoes!), My Boss' Daughter (9%), The Guardian (37%), The Butterfly Effect (33%) are all terrible, but the best two candidates are either Jobs or Spread.

Dude just cannot act and is so full of himself he's bursting at the seems

i watched Guns Girls and Gambling over the weekend. That movie really sucked! Not even HDTGM-worthy sucked. Dane Cook was actually one of the better parts of this movie. The thing that bothered me the most, was the Guy Ritchie-esque introduction (freeze frame of character, then their name subtitled with a PUNCH {BOOM}) to EVERY CHARACTER no matter how small their parts were. And this went on waaay to long into the movie. I think they were still introducing new characters within the last twenty minutes...Just ridiculous...

Not nearly enough Jean-Claude Van Damme. The only one so far, I think, has been Street Fighter. What about Double Team? Hard Target? Timecop? Someone has to fix this.

• Like 4

I want to bring this topic back up because my pick who is not represented enough is Steven Seagal. The films of his they covered so far, is The Glimmer Man. How about On Deadly Ground? Out for Justice? Fire Down Below? or even Half Past Dead?

• Like 3