75 replies to this topic

#41 cat & beard

our fluoride is gluten free

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • LocationShredstaurant

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:19 PM

Anyone listen to the You Made It Weird with Dane Cook as a guest? I'm kinda interested to know if there's more to him but I also don't really care for him; he's one of those comedians who isn't even on my radar at all.

#42 PlanBFromOuterSpace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts
  • LocationEvans City, PA

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:25 PM

View PostLando, on 06 September 2013 - 01:02 PM, said:

I think that part of the anti-Sandler sentiment is a personal dislike of him based on previous bad movie going experiences. I think his appearance causes people to automatically shave some points off of a movie before he opens his mouth regardless of how much they might have enjoyed the movie had they never heard of Sandler before. I think the same goes for Dane Cook, but I don't think too many people dislike Dana Carvey personally.

Also, there's a lot riding on whether or not there's a "funny" voice when he first opens his mouth too. If you can have the "Vengeance Trilogy", which are three movies by the same director about people getting revenge, and the "Cornetto" trilogy, three movies by the same team of people featuring a certain brand of frozen treat, can we at least have a name for the dozen or so comedies in a row where Adam Sandler spoke like a child/hick/mentally handicapped person/foreigner/childish foreign handicapped person? While we're at it, how about the Sylvester Stallone "Cop that plays by his own rules Decalogy" from the 80's-90's?
Child of the Eighties. Man of the Nineties. Man-Child of the Twenty-First Century.

www.facebook.com/RobBrown78

#43 jerrycanada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:29 PM

View Postcat & beard, on 06 September 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

Anyone listen to the You Made It Weird with Dane Cook as a guest? I'm kinda interested to know if there's more to him but I also don't really care for him; he's one of those comedians who isn't even on my radar at all.

Downloading it now, thanks Cat & Beard. I like "You made it weird" podcast show. Tell me have you ever listen to any of the You made it weird movie podcast? it's on itunes.

I never really found Dane Cook to be all that bad. not really sure what you guys are talking about. when it comes to trashing the guy.

#44 cat & beard

our fluoride is gluten free

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • LocationShredstaurant

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:03 PM

View Postjarrycanada, on 06 September 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

Downloading it now, thanks Cat & Beard. I like "You made it weird" podcast show. Tell me have you ever listen to any of the You made it weird movie podcast? it's on itunes.

I never really found Dane Cook to be all that bad. not really sure what you guys are talking about. when it comes to trashing the guy.

I don't know anything about the YMIW movie podcast; I can't seem to find it. Yeah, I like YMIW, but I only listen to it when the guest is someone I like (Kumail Nanjiani, Chelsea Peretti, Kristen Schaal (I could just listen to her speak for hours), etc) because Pete's personality is sometimes mildly grating. And I've heard enough about your ex-wife, Petey Pie, give it a rest.

I have seen made ten minutes of Dane Cook on youtube by accident. I could just tell immediately that I wasn't going to like it, I don't like his style or delivery. I don't hate him or anything, I guess he seems like someone who appeals to the bro crowd. I think he has this image of being a douchy bro kinda guy who is shooting for the lowest common denominator. Whether that reputation is true or deserved, I don't know.

#45 jerrycanada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:38 PM

You Made It Weird Movies!. it's not free you have to buy each show. It's a mystery science theatre 3000 type show. you watch the movie and listen to the podcast as you watch along. I have not tried it yet. but it looks fun. that link may not work out side the US so if anyones reading this out side. you'll have to do a search inside your itunes store for the show. Dam itunes making our lifes uneasy. why can't they just have one store to rule them all.

#46 Blueman29X

Jim Kata

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:49 PM

View Postcat & beard, on 06 September 2013 - 02:03 PM, said:

I have seen made ten minutes of Dane Cook on youtube by accident. I could just tell immediately that I wasn't going to like it, I don't like his style or delivery. I don't hate him or anything, I guess he seems like someone who appeals to the bro crowd. I think he has this image of being a douchy bro kinda guy who is shooting for the lowest common denominator. Whether that reputation is true or deserved, I don't know.

Dane Cook's material isn't too bad. I just thought it was better when I heard from Louis C.K. Seriously though, Dane Cook for me is a lot like Daniel Tosh, except Tosh will occasionally screw up and tell a decent joke.

#47 SnakeGod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:44 AM

How has nobody said Ashton Kutcher? Texas Rangers (2% on Rotten Tomatoes!), My Boss' Daughter (9%), The Guardian (37%), The Butterfly Effect (33%) are all terrible, but the best two candidates are either Jobs or Spread.

Dude just cannot act and is so full of himself he's bursting at the seems

#48 neilly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:52 AM

i watched Guns Girls and Gambling over the weekend. That movie really sucked! Not even HDTGM-worthy sucked. Dane Cook was actually one of the better parts of this movie. The thing that bothered me the most, was the Guy Ritchie-esque introduction (freeze frame of character, then their name subtitled with a PUNCH {BOOM}) to EVERY CHARACTER no matter how small their parts were. And this went on waaay to long into the movie. I think they were still introducing new characters within the last twenty minutes...Just ridiculous...

#49 Bib Fortuna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:24 PM

Not nearly enough Jean-Claude Van Damme. The only one so far, I think, has been Street Fighter. What about Double Team? Hard Target? Timecop? Someone has to fix this.

#50 SlidePocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:22 PM

I want to bring this topic back up because my pick who is not represented enough is Steven Seagal. The films of his they covered so far, is The Glimmer Man. How about On Deadly Ground? Out for Justice? Fire Down Below? or even Half Past Dead?

#51 AbeFroman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:51 PM

Seagal's movies beg for the HDTGM treatment. It's amazing that the one Seagal film they have done is Glimmer Man!

Out for Justice is wall to wall unintentional comedy. Even as kids we ripped on that film mercilessly.

#52 jerrycanada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 08:13 PM

View PostAbeFroman, on 03 November 2015 - 06:51 PM, said:

Seagal's movies beg for the HDTGM treatment. It's amazing that the one Seagal film they have done is Glimmer Man!

Out for Justice is wall to wall unintentional comedy. Even as kids we ripped on that film mercilessly.

Speaking of Steven Seagal. do you guys know he plays the blues too? is there nothing this man can't do.

he is also the inventor of his own hair care system.

#53 jerrycanada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 08:19 PM

Mind you, he's no Bruce willis.

#54 SuperNintendoChalmers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 04:00 AM

Brendan Fraser.

#55 joel_rosenbaum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 06:20 PM

The Coreys.

Q.E.D.

#56 Jillybean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 29 December 2015 - 07:58 AM

Katherine Heigl

Cuba Gooding Jr.

Will Smith

#57 SlidePocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 29 December 2015 - 03:58 PM

View PostJillybean, on 29 December 2015 - 07:58 AM, said:

Will Smith

They have covered Wild Wild West, After Earth, and especially Winter's Tale where he appears as, of all things, the devil!

#58 Jillybean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 30 December 2015 - 07:23 AM

True. But I feel like there are many more they haven't discussed (and I feel like Wild, Wild West could have a second episode, as it wasn't discussed much the first go round).

Shark Tale, MIB II, Bad Boys II, I, Robot, etc.

#59 SlidePocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 24 December 2016 - 06:01 PM

Madonna - The queen of all bad pop star movies is worthy of discussion right here!

#60 Smigg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 08:31 AM

Steve Austin.

Even though I love the guy, been a fan of his for 25 years, my all time favourite pro-wrestler, host of my favourite podcast, hosts one of my favourite TV shows right now, some of his movies, no words for them, I'll watch them because he's in them.

Even on his own podcasts, he says they're pieces of shit, even recently when he had his wife crying with laughter talking about the wig work in his movie "The Stranger", which he said "Would have been good if it was made for $20 million, but was made for about $500,000"
But, he's been in movies with luminaries like

- Steven Seagal (Maximum Conviction)
- Danny Trejo (Recoil)
- Dolph Lundgren (The Package)
- Adam Sandler (The Longest Yard/Grown Ups 2)
- Eric Roberts (The Expendables/Hunt To Kill)
- Vinnie Jones (The Condemned)
He was in a movie with Walton Goggins before Walton Goggins was in the Tarantino movies

But, I think the most likely candidate would be "Tactical Force", an Action-Comedy starring Austin and Michael Jai White as members of a bungling SWAT team who are sent out for extra training in a Warehouse. However, they end up in the wrong warehouse and end up in a hideout for a crime syndicate. Shouldn't be a problem for a SWAT team right?! Well, here's the issue, they only have blank ammunition!