🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 144 — Voice Rolls

Incredible voice actress, Grammy award winning recording artist, and Mike Detective’s own Grey DesLisle drops by to count down the charts on this week’s WHO CHARTED! She’ll clue us in on the voice over world, tell us about her interaction with 2Pac, and join Howard on a Country music voyage while counting down Billboard’s Top 5 Batman Songs. Then, we hear how Grey met her husband through Twitter during the Top Underwater Movies Chart. Plus, Grey explains how she got arrested on her way back from Comic-Con as she plays a game of Chart Roulette!

wie wie, congrats on that excellent vastus lateralis muscle definition as evident in pic 2. your legs are an inspiration.

• Like 3

i enjoyed this episode, but that whole "i take movies less serious when they have a female voice over in the trailer" stretch was a major bummer.

• Like 2

Haven't listened to it yet, but Howie looks like a wild man with the top-knot untied. From Summah Samurai to Summah Tarzan (it's still technically summah, right?)

Good to see the dynamic duo back together.

• Like 1

i enjoyed this episode, but that whole "i take movies less serious when they have a female voice over in the trailer" stretch was a major bummer.

I think she explained herself pretty well, though, like that it was a realization that this "male voice" had been subliminally ingrained in her movie-watching psyche.

(it's still technically summah, right?)

It's still summah in every regard. Even if you're in school, you've still got from 3pm onward to play frisbee and such.

• Like 5

I suspect the Claudia that Grey was referring to is Claudia Black (she wasn't on Star Trek but she was on Stargate and Farscape and a number of other science-fiction shows). I hope not, since I've always been a big fan of hers, but it lines up.

Two word recap:

FUCKING LOVED IT!

Serious, what's great about Whooch is there's some great diversity in the guests. Sure most of them are comedian friends but having someone like Grey (and the likes of David Mack), makes the show that much more fun to listen to. And as always, Howard in top form.

He's my hero.

• Like 3

"Itty Bitty Bang Bang"

KuKu's introduction to Skokie Binyon Jr and Grey just ran with it, wonderful.

This is the best BatWie I could do on my lunch break:

i6wj3D8.png

• Like 4

Love Grey as Viconia from Baldurs Gate!

A giant "fuck yes!" for Baldurs Gate. Still have the expansion packs on my PC. Those games never get old.

• Like 1

I suspect the Claudia that Grey was referring to is Claudia Black (she wasn't on Star Trek but she was on Stargate and Farscape and a number of other science-fiction shows). I hope not, since I've always been a big fan of hers, but it lines up.

It's okay to be a fan of a possible drug addict.

I have such a crush on Grey DeLisle.

"Itty Bitty Bang Bang"

KuKu's introduction to Skokie Binyon Jr and Grey just ran with it, wonderful.

This is the best BatWie I could do on my lunch break:

i6wj3D8.png

This is going up on Tumblr!!

It's okay to be a fan of a possible drug addict.

I have such a crush on Grey DeLisle.

Oh, it wasn't even that. I was just thinking it was a bummer if she was that rude IRL.

My favourtie podcasts are the ones where a) everyone is genuinely having a good time and B) people are just chatting like they're hanging out in the living room. This episode hits it on both counts.

So great! And I adore Grey DeLisle - as a lifelong cartoon fan, how can I not be? But this podcast just made me an even bigger fan! Criz-azy talented!

• Like 2

A giant "fuck yes!" for Baldurs Gate. Still have the expansion packs on my PC. Those games never get old.

Have you tried the Baldur's Gate novels? If there was a podcast called 'Who Wrote This Crap?' I would nominate these books.

Fantastic episode. Loved having the team back together, and Grey was such a great guest.

Also, that Audible ad (I think that was the one) was next level bonkers.

• Like 2

Now this is a cool guest to get :)

Ever since I started paying attention to voice actors, Grey DeLisle has been one of my favorites. She just seems to keep popping up in a lot of the coolest cartoons & video games - she's the voice of Catwoman in the Batman: Arkham games for crying out loud. For doing the voice of Mandy alone in Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, she's got a lifetime membership in the "Hall of Most Awesome Voice Actresses", alongside ladies like Tress MacNeille (Simpsons, Futurama, Babs Bunny), Kath Soucie (Rugrats, Futurama, Lola Bunny from Space Jam) and Tara Strong (Powerpuff Girls, Teen Titans, Harley Quinn from Batman: Arkham City forward) far as I'm concerned.

Neat episode!

• Like 3

I am going to be taken by this episode, just like that movie...what's it called?

Taken Care of Business?

• Like 2

Great job on the Batman music chart - but there was a huge, huge error. I'd like to know just why 'Bat Dance' by Prince was not #1? It is second only to 'Orgasm' as the peak of Prince's oeuvre.

• Like 3

Ahh, Princess Azula herself! Grey would be one of my all-time favorites for just that role, but she's consistently amazing.

Haha, you can totally tell that they recorded the sponsor breaks after the show; they're definitely trying out their voice acting skills. Hilarious stuff. Has Grey DeLisle been on any other podcasts? She's a delight.