Episode 40 — Going Back To The Choppa

39 replies to this topic

#1 July Diaz

Earwolf Buddy

• Administrators
  • 1,552 posts
  • LocationUnder a roof

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:50 PM

The time has come for our heroes to get back to their ship. But as they make it to the lift, they quickly find out that it may not be so easy to get to their destination. Just then, everyone assumes their bad ass battle positions because shit’s about to get real!

#2 JayBird

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:45 AM

The music mood setting is really great. Keep that up.

#3 AlamoBasement

cap n' crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Locationnew jersey

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:43 AM

A wild adomian appears! haha fantastic! this was a great one!!

#4 Handinpants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:21 AM

Great job on the Numberwang!
The guest appearances were all great, but for the Todd Glass bit I had to pause, laugh, and go back to listen a second time.

#5 Drif

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:57 AM

Why has no one thought to call Sir Richards hand blast the Baha Blast yet? Considering their love of the delicious Taco Bell beverage of similar pronunciation.

#6 RobotsPajamas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:08 AM

Man. This is getting intense with all the spider creatures and curses and what not.
Super Happytime Fun Blog: The Robots Pajamas

Twitter: Robots PJs

Facebook: Robots Pajamas

#7 schadenfreudian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:47 AM

I laughed so hard at that Todd Glass impression, I almost crashed my car on the drive in to work.

#8 GoofyMaleTwerk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:16 PM

GODDAMN IT! MOTHER FUCKER SHIT BALLS COCK-SUCKER ASSHOLE 1 !!!! It's really annoying.

#9 Ben K

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:23 PM

Fantastic episode on its own, but then you add in James Adomian popping in? You spoil me, Nerd Poker.

#10 Jakabird

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:20 AM

So, maybe this is me just lacking extensive D&D knowledge, but...why has no one used stargoyle against the collectors yet? At first I was thinking he could just pull the robe back and see what's going on, but as I started typing this, I thought maybe he could just absorb them or something? Especially when there was a virtual army of them...Sark pointed out a while ago that anything they try to put in stargoyle never returns. Would this be plausible? Or is this just newbie talk?

#11 RobotsPajamas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:03 AM

View PostJakabird, on 05 September 2013 - 05:20 AM, said:

So, maybe this is me just lacking extensive D&D knowledge, but...why has no one used stargoyle against the collectors yet? At first I was thinking he could just pull the robe back and see what's going on, but as I started typing this, I thought maybe he could just absorb them or something? Especially when there was a virtual army of them...Sark pointed out a while ago that anything they try to put in stargoyle never returns. Would this be plausible? Or is this just newbie talk?

Honestly, I try to avoid doing anything to an NPC pet that might possibly get them killed.

And it's in the interest of the game master to be careful when they try to use this powerful creature to attack, because they might then try to do it all the time. In this case it could turn into, "Let's sit back and let Stargoyle kill all the enemies".
Super Happytime Fun Blog: The Robots Pajamas

Twitter: Robots PJs

Facebook: Robots Pajamas

#12 Jakabird

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:31 AM

I can see your point (and Love your name!), but i don't think this group would be the kind to shy away from battle, lol.

From the first appearance of the collectors, I've been wondering how they could find out what (if anything) was under the robes, without risking too much damage. But yeah, stargoyle is about the most useful NPC a group could ask for, you're right.

#13 sparklett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:33 AM

View PostRobotsPajamas, on 05 September 2013 - 09:03 AM, said:

Honestly, I try to avoid doing anything to an NPC pet that might possibly get them killed.

And it's in the interest of the game master to be careful when they try to use this powerful creature to attack, because they might then try to do it all the time. In this case it could turn into, "Let's sit back and let Stargoyle kill all the enemies".

It wouldn't surprise me if Sark has killed a good number of NPC pets over the years considering how gleefully he wipes out player characters.

#14 qrter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:08 AM

View PostRobotsPajamas, on 05 September 2013 - 09:03 AM, said:

I want Stargoyle to die. You know he's only in there to sell toys.

#15 sparklett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:24 AM

View Postqrter, on 05 September 2013 - 10:08 AM, said:

Reeeee! Stargoyle!

#16 Knitwhimsies

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

When Blaine said "That's Numberwang" my little nerdy heart exploded with delight!

#17 pfchangs

Just some a-hole

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:11 PM

Kinda sad that Blaine used the original Genius of Love instead of Mariah Carey's Fantasy

#18 xJxVx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:07 PM

View Postqrter, on 05 September 2013 - 10:08 AM, said:

Good LORD, I wish there were toys.

Also, I'm new here, but what's the feel among listeners; are we approaching the end of this Collector Quest? It seems that the Old Man is the Final Boss here and that he's using Collectors to steal souls to keep himself young. Kill him and The Collectors all die, right?

#19 Bruce Reid Robinson II

No good, two-bit, hippy womanizer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • LocationAny farm in Oregon

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

View Postpfchangs, on 05 September 2013 - 01:11 PM, said:

Kinda sad that Blaine used the original Genius of Love instead of Mariah Carey's Fantasy

As Sir Richard would say, "How dare you, sir!"

#20 ThePinkPhantom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationDeep in the heart of *shiver* the red states

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

When I listened to this episode I wasn't expecting a comedy "This is SportsCenter" moment. Dadada dadada.

But for me the most hilarious moment was when Sarah rolled the one. She's usually so understated compared to the others. My jaw dropped and eyes widened when she just let off that stream of obscenity.

Great show.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image