🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 54 — Mother of Arms

Jake is back from New York and in the Earwolf studios with the very funny & delightful Cameron Esposito on this week’s edition of THE FOGELNEST FILES! Cameron takes us through her late night television debut experience which is considered the most memorable first time on a late night show for any comedian in recent history, tells us about her 2 podcasts, one of which is an all standup podcast/live show called Put Your Hands Together and the other a action/scifi movie podcast called Wham Bam Pow, and explains why she decided to start doing stand-up as opposed to improv. Jake and Cameron also get into the phenomenon of dogs reacting to the Empire Carpet commercial jingle, take a look at the Beastie Boys on The Joan Rivers Show, and see what Yakov Smirnoff has been up to. As always, check out the full playlist over at youtube.com/TheFogelnestFiles! If you’re listening to this on September 12th, tune in for a LIVE VPN edition of THE FOGELNEST FILES with special guest Jenny Johnson at 9p EST/6p PST over at youtube.com/Earwolf! People of Los Angeles, THE FOGELNEST FILES will be a part of the LA Podcast Festival on October 5th and is a great place to meet girls! Go to http://lapodfest.com for tickets! Lastly, THE FOGELNEST FILES returns to New York on October 10th at the Bell House in Brooklyn and tweens are not welcome as it is a 18+ show!

• Like 2

In case anyone wants to see the full playlist of Empire Carpet tortured dogs, it starts here:

• Like 1

It seems like Cameron's comedy career is (deservedly) going really well, but it's nice to know that if that ever takes a downturn, she has the fallback option of becoming a Paget Brewster sound-alike (starring as Lady Croyle in Exciting Action Time).

Really good episode with a nice mix of clips and a not-too-interview-sounding interview.

How does Yakov Smirnoff not have a memoir called "The Comrade Knows Funny"

How does Yakov Smirnoff not have a memoir called "The Comrade Knows Funny"

His nephew Akiva Smirnoff was a real dick. #BestShowWFMU

• Like 2

His nephew Akiva Smirnoff was a real dick. #BestShowWFMU

the regional sales director of smirnoff ice has some great drink recipes though

• Like 1

the regional sales director of smirnoff ice has some great drink recipes though

And he sent over a free case!

• Like 1

Hey, that was great! I will ALWAYS cheer for a 2008 American Gladiators reference. I miss that show. And I agree with Ms. Esposito that it is cool when someone says "hey, we've got this girl that can do this cool thing, how do we build a movie around that?" And just all of her stuff about how great Terminator 2 is. Cameron is super cool, and as someone who doesn't watch late night talk shows, I'm glad Jake brought her on so I could hear her for myself.

Also, Jon Peters is the giant spider guy.

Sign in to follow this