🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 164.5 — Sklarbro County 69

Phenomenal actor Josh Stamberg takes a break from filming a 10 episode arc on NBC’s Parenthood to join us in celebration of episode 69 of Sklarbro County! Josh tells us about his tough decision on leaving “Drop Dead Diva,” what his thought process was when he had to make out with his buddy on “Six Feet Under,” his days of playing soccer for the University of Wisconsin, and how he ended up playing tennis against Serena Williams herself. Daniel Van Kirk is also here with some gems from Florida including a tale of a naked man storming into a home, a tired man who was arrested after throwing a bowl of chicken wings at his wife, and a story that will make you think twice about receiving free baked goods. Then, we take a listen to a voicemail that Michael Douglas sent us in regards to having Josh on the show. Make sure to check out Daniel Van Kirk’s NFL column over at cover32.com! Citizens of Philly, don’t forget to get your tickets for The Sklar Brothers’ run at the Helium Comedy Club this upcoming weekend (September 19th, 20th and 21st)!

Loved listening to Josh talk about working with Micheal C. Hall. Was really nice to get insight on how those type of scenes go down. Also, I love how by the end of the episode it sounds like a bunch of fat kids talking about their favorite sweets, classic.

After hearing Josh talk about playing soccer for UW-Madison, I went back to see if I could find him in any box scores from games against my alma mater, the Milwaukee Panthers. Sure enough, I did find him in a game from 1991 - http://www.uwmpanthers.com/sports/m-soccer/stats/1991-1992/game02.html

BTW this Milwaukee team featured future World Cup/MLS star Tony Sanneh and soccer pro Gerard Lagos.

Sign in to follow this