🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 123 — Dreams

It’s David Huntsberger’s time for a solo episode in the hatch! After answering some listener questions, David gets into the topic of dreams and why we have them. He’ll call up a Blastronaut, his neuroscientist buddy Jono Zalay, and even his mother to discuss lucid dreaming, recurring themes in dreams, and how dreams are sometimes prophetic. Can David battle his cold and make it to the end of the show? Tune in to find out!

I thought David did a fantastic job. Very interesting and I enjoyed the conversation with his mother. I really liked the concept of multiple guests because it gave a much broader perspective on the issue. Maybe someday you could think about two guests with opposing viewpoints on an issue. They wouldn't necessarily need to be in the hatch at the same time, but even if they were done in sequence, it might provoke a lot of thought and commentary. Just a few weeks ago my best friend passed away and we used to speak about the impact that meditation/zen, etc., had on health. That might be an interesting pro-con topic. Medication with Meditation!

• Like 1

Great episode. When David said people say there aren't any great new country artist, I immediately thought of Daniel Romano and his amazing show in LA a few months ago. He is one of my favorite new country artists. And I don't normally promote people but he's really good. Here's one of his music videos:

• Like 1

Nice song, Edewede! I despise modern country music with the fire of a thousand suns, but I've found myself drawn into the nebulous "Americana" genre over the past few years, by way of Andrew Bird, Brown Bird, Harlan T. Bobo, and Sara Watkins, among others.

The albums I've listened to more than any other, however, belong to Lera Lynn. She is goddamned amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuLEGU9AX-k

And

as well.
  • Like 2

Welp, definitely won't be listening to a solo Huntsberger episode, very unfortunate!

Welp, definitely won't be listening to a solo Huntsberger episode, very unfortunate!

Nobody cares!

About halfway through it now and really enjoying it.

• Like 3

Your loss, mister.

• Like 1

I was initially really sad that David didn't say "I love you" to his mother, so I'm glad he explained it as something unusual. But he really should have just said it anyway!

I loved David's solo effort. Part of the reason PBO is so great is that each of the hosts is a unique personality, but they blend so well and with such real affection and humor.

I found David's mother's segment to be very sweet. He described her as a "hippy-type" and I think I got some of that from her remarks. But I also got it from David when he was so insistent on telling someone who was in one of his dreams about it in case they had the same dream. That just struck me as a sweet, hippy-type notion. What would it mean if they HAD the same dream?Yet, it seemed important to David. Cool.

Having had one face-to-face conversation with David, I can say he seems to be super-sweet, sincere and open-minded. If I may respectfully disagree with solareena's comment above. I think the beauty of PBO is that they do not debate the pros-cons of the subjects they feature. This gives guests a chance to fully express themselves without keeping their defenses up. There was a show on atheism. I hope there will be show on Religious Belief, or some such topic in the future. The hosts ask some challenging questions, but keep it light and funny.

When I received some not-super-positive comments on one of my appearances, David and Tig came to my defense and I truly appreciated it. I think the ability to listen to opinions that one doesn't necessarily hold and resist the temptation to debate and win is a sign of maturity (and class).

Finally, David is a very, very funny guy. He does some great impressions and has a ton of very funny material. I look forward to seeing him, the next time he ventures east.

Welp, that's been comment!

Oh, buy Humanitis and Explosion Land!!!!

So much of the world's pain started with that very sentence.

I don't know how David can say he's "a science guy" and then throw out a phrase like "energy mass" to talk about... spirits? a mere 15 minutes later

He did an okay job, he was able to avoid dead air and all of the like basic stuff of being able to perform on radio he did fine, but I just don't think David is intelligent

I don't know how David can say he's "a science guy" and then throw out a phrase like "energy mass" to talk about... spirits? a mere 15 minutes later

I don't think he was really doing that. At one point, I think he said that people incorrectly refer to him as "the science guy" on the show.

Your loss, mister.

I lose out on hearing a monotone unfunny man babble on about pseudo-science without a Dunnigan or a Notaro to save him by saying something actually funny? David is on the podcast to be mocked for saying ridiculous things that nobody cares about, hope this post was informative!

hope this post was informative!

It definitely was!

Be sure to keep us informed about other podcasts you choose not to listen to, and why!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this