🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Brett Arnold

Episode 124 — Big Questions

Yup, you guessed it — it's time for a Kyle Dunnigan solo episode! Kyle takes a break from his writing in New York to perform some listener-suggested Punkys and get into it with multiple special guests. First, Kyle interviews fellow "Inside Amy Schumer" writer Kurt Metzger about everything under the sun, from aliens to Jehovah's witnesses. After talking to Kurt, Kyle sits down briefly with Amy Schumer and asks her about God. Kyle's third and final interview is with lifelong friend Michael Anderson, who offers a different take on God than the previous guests and shares some of his particularly fascinating insights. This episode was brought to you by Trump Hospital.

• Like 1

THIS! This is what we've been missing! Listening to this one reminded me why I started loving PB. Crazy topics with funny/famous people. As much as I love the experts and the science, I would rather they get back to talking about the intangible mysteries of life like aliens and ghosts and such, with their friend/guests each week.

• Like 1

Awwwww. :(

What was up with Kurt Metzger?! That wasn't even funny - it was ignorant & hateful. I'm not terribly sensitive to offbeat and offensive comedy, if it's done well, but that was hard to listen to. Boo. Still loved the rest of the episode, but that was disappointing.

• Like 5

Whoa, Kurt is extremely ignorant regarding contraction of HIV. Yep, you contract HIV (not AIDS) and yes, you can't "inject a syndrome" and give it to someone. The chance of "contracting a syndrome" is 0 in 100, not 1 in 100. You should re-edit this episode and take that portion out. I know he is probably not a complete idiot, but he is extremely ignorant on the topic.

• Like 3

The Amy Schumer interview was my favorite episode of Drunk History ever. "This isn't going to pick up the crunching right? Just my voice? Ok great"

RIP Doug. :(

For the dogs out there reading this, translation:

Bark bark! Snausage! Whimper.

• Like 1

Yeah, I thought Metzger was pretty awful too. On the plus side, he was engaged and did make a few interesting points, unlike Schumer. I know her whole act of being above actually participating in any meaningful way was a joke, but the only part of it I thought was funny was the carrot crunching.

All that said, the last interview was great and Kyle's solo stuff was the most fun of the three (not to make it a competition or anything, because I enjoyed all three), and I loved the extra touches like the fake ads and the song previews.

• Like 2

As always, I loved this episode. Kyle just seems like he would be the best friend in the world. He's such a good listener and, even if/when he disagrees with his friends, he lets them express themselves. Of course, the Trump, Craig, Bill Maher and other humor was hilarious. I love Kyle's stories of growing up and his cross country story was great.

I find him to be so relatable and his humor is so gentle and sly. Calling Tig "chatty" and a complainer and calling David a negative trash-talker was so funny. I could listen to him all day.

We Blastronauts are lucky to have three such wonderful friends. I look forward to hearing them all together again. (AND Aaron.)

Welp, that's been comment.

p.s. NotBettyWhite, I think Sarah's dog was named Duck. I could be wrong.

• Like 1

Oh man, I know Kurt Metzger was just kidding and all, but I have to know a comedian a little bit before race-based sarcasm is hilarious to me. I think he's probably a decent and funny guy, but so much fake hate right out of the gate didn't do much for me. I had to shut the whole thing off.

• Like 2

Oh man, I know Kurt Metzger was just kidding and all, but I have to know a comedian a little bit before race-based sarcasm is hilarious to me. I think he's probably a decent and funny guy, but so much fake hate right out of the gate didn't do much for me. I had to shut the whole thing off.

For what it's worth, Metzger was leading the whole anti-UCB stand-up jihad (because I know he'd love to see that word used in association with him) earlier this year, so I wasn't inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt going in.

• Like 1

I feel bad for Kurt Metzger. All he wants is for the UCB to give him $20 to spew his unfunny nonsense. And with his track record of writing for cancelled Comedy Central shows, I'm sure he really needs that $20 bucks. Good Luck testing out your AIDS theories, Kurt!

• Like 1

Kyle is just the cutest! And yes, Metzger and his knowledge of AIDS (and most of the rest of what he said) was bs. But Kyle did seem almost uncomfortable with it, and seemed like he tried to move on as soon he could and then ended the call. His convo with Metzger didn't last too long, and the rest of the show was better, so if you can skip past that or get through it, I would suggest trying to listen again.

• Like 1

Frankly I think the listeners need an explanation from Kyle and the crew for allowing such an ignorant, hateful cretan on the show. Regarding AIDS - "If you're straight and white, you don't have it..." I don't care if that creature was using irony or not, doubtful because of the intelligence factor; his statements were hateful and completely false. Of course everyone has a right to an opinion, but to give credence to such remarks by airing them either as knowledge or entertainment is shameful. I've listened to every episode, and had been a fan, but after this, unless some sort of explanation or retraction is made, I'm done. I refuse to support a broadcast that allows ignorant dimwits with an inflated sense of ego to spout such hatred. Tig has brought new audiences to this podcast because of her recent appearances on NPR, etc. If you want to maintain a diverse following, you need to put more thoughtfulness into your guest selection, clearly. As a fellow former Catholic, former CT resident with a mother fixation, I'm disappointed in you, Kyle. PS - His comment about using Wikipedia to learn about the Middle East was actually the only humorous line in his entire segment, sadly.

• Like 1

The Amy Schumer interview was my favorite episode of Drunk History ever. "This isn't going to pick up the crunching right? Just my voice? Ok great"

Same

Sign in to follow this