🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 101 — Coma Counting

Tim Meadows, Betsy Sodaro, Mary Holland, and Drew Tarver are all on today’s special improv5humans! Listen as they break some shocking news to a recovering coma patient, visit a succulent and authentic chinese restaurant, and handle a swarm of homeless customers as Apple employees. Plus, Thomas the intern drops by for a segment we call “Having Fun with Squarespace!” Humans of Los Angeles, improv4humans will be a part of the LA Podcast Festival on October 5th! Go to http://lapodfest.com for tickets! You can also now get the UCB Comedy Improv Manual at http://ucbstore.com/books/the-upright-citizens-brigade-comedy-improvisation-manual, Matt Besser’s new comedy album atmattbesser.com, and Dragoon’s new album at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com!

Mary Holland and Drew Tarver!

I drink a lot of milk, but this guy is crazy. And I've lived in Wisconsin and California. There's no difference.

I love when Tim says "Where's Tina Weymouth?" and there's a moment where I just picture him thinking "Someone had better 'yes and' my ability to name Tina Weymouth off the top of my head."

• Like 1

Oh man! Tim crushed it with the Talking Heads bit.

BTW, Asahi is a Japanese beer (I shouldn't nitpick but I will this time)...should've ordered a Tsingtao!

Excellent episode as always.

• Like 4

I can't help but feel like all the universe/world talk was due to my post last week in 100 forum where I said it was the best in the world. I don't know if you noticed, Matt, but I went in and changed it to universe that same day. JESUS!

Great ep, by the way.

Matt's performance in the Chinese restaurant scene was equally as amazing as Mookie Blaiklock as the angry atheist a few weeks ago.

• Like 2

I've got a drone that we could dress up in a gorilla suit.

I drink a lot of milk, but this guy is crazy. And I've lived in Wisconsin and California. There's no difference.

Describing the difference with the word "creamy" was especially weird since that would seem to directly relate to fat content.

Anyway, FANTASTIC episode. Great performances as usual from Matt, Tim, and Betsy, and the new kids were good too.

Oh man! Tim crushed it with the Talking Heads bit.

"I'm naming all these Talking Heads, but I don't see any."

say hi to betsy sodaro for me, she is my favorite

• Like 2

any episode with betsy and tim is a 10/10 in my dairy diary.

but what was up with matt's anger at the donkey story? it's no secret that there's been a sustained crackdown on anti-military sentiment in egypt for a while now, and that alone paints the incident in a very different light. also, however you feel about syria it's ignorant and illogical to transfer those emotions onto another country just because it exists in roughly the same geographical area.

If you have ever seen an Asssscat you know I do surveys with the audience of roughly 100 patrons.

What percentage of Asssscat audience will know who Hosni Mubarak is?

Will know what Obama's "red line" was?

Can define "Arab Spring"?

I'll try this Sunday if I make it to Asssscat so put in your guesses now....

Isolationist maybe, but I'm ignorant?

no matt, i don't think you're ignorant, but any line of argument that relies on the obfuscation of context most definitively is.

Here is how I lumped those countries together: all countries whose religious fanaticism will never allow for peace, and will never allow them to be allies with the US for any significant amount of time. So which of those countries is so liberal that I'm so ignorant? Yes, I'd rather live in Egypt than Afganistan but they both have too much religious zealotry for the US to ever get involved in their politics.

reasonable people can disagree on whether or not american foreign policy in the middle east is beneficial to her own interests. but your argument that the US should have nothing to do with syria and egypt because they're full of crazy religious despots was predicated on an incident that has everything to do with the political situation in one of those countries and nothing to do with religious fanaticism.

and speaking of that incident, take a glance at the news outlets that chose to cover it. how much weight would you ordinarily put into a story circulated only via blogs, tabloids, and oh, fox news. there's a depressingly long tradition of western media portraying the middle east with about the same level of sensitivity and journalistic diligence as your local newspapers "news of the weird" section

If you have ever seen an Asssscat you know I do surveys with the audience of roughly 100 patrons.

What percentage of Asssscat audience will know who Hosni Mubarak is?

Will know what Obama's "red line" was?

Can define "Arab Spring"?

I'll try this Sunday if I make it to Asssscat so put in your guesses now....

i don't understand. you're trying to say that because the majority of your live audience has scant knowledge of international affairs that you should earn a pass for anything you say? do you even believe this yourself?

I don't want to delve into the political debate you have going here so I'd just like to comment on the audience question.

I'd like to think that most long form improv audience members are aware of world events...but i'd say a conservative estimate of 25% (but i'd hope to be more in the line of 40%).

I think they were saying Açaí

In any case, it was succulent!

• Like 2