Episode 149 — Oprah Voices

10 replies to this topic

#1 July Diaz

Earwolf Buddy

• Administrators
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationUnder a roof

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:26 PM

Hello Ladies’ Christine Woods joins Howard and Kulap on this week’s live VPN edition of WHO CHARTED! Howie, Ku, and Christine talk raves, Oprah voices, and Walt Jr. while counting down Billboard’s Official UK Singles Music Chart. Then, they all chat about red heads, SNL, and sequels during the Highest Grossing Dark/Black Comedies Movie Chart. That’s not all, Christine answers all of your questions regarding dogs, comedy, and drama!

#2 Shariq Torres

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:08 AM

Don't worry about it, Howard. It's more interesting when you freestyle. You'll do better next week because you were kinda thrown into this situation at the last minute.

#3 Michael Wo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:05 AM

Exhibit A on why Howard should always freestyle:

"Christine's here / She plays Jessica / Kulap's here / She's got a big chestica / Look at that Underground Pool Network / Wow / I shouldn't freestyle / TUNES"

#4 Road Strange

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:51 AM

View PostMichael Wo, on 09 October 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

Exhibit A on why Howard should always freestyle:

"Christine's here / She plays Jessica / Kulap's here / She's got a big chestica / Look at that Underground Pool Network / Wow / I shouldn't freestyle / TUNES"

Exhibit B:

TWEET CHART!
WE'RE GUNNA LEARN!
ABOUT CHRISTINE!
DID SHE BURN?
DINNER LAST NIGHT FOR HER FIANCE?
I DUNNO.......BEYONCE!
......SHE'S WITH JAY-Z!
AND KULAP'S WITH....SCOTTY A!
HE'S FROM ORANGE COUNTY TOO!
TIE IT ALL TOGETHER.......
.....TWEET CHART!

#5 pfchangs

Just some a-hole

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationWisconsin :(

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:35 AM

Howard's Lincoln sounds like Mickey Mouse

#6 DubipR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:36 AM

I need to watcht the VPN episode but the audio podcast was superb! Howard freestylin' is always brilliant; "Kulap's here/She's got a big chestica".... effing brilliant. And his Oprah voices...fucking hell my sides hurt.

Hardcore genius....

Posted Image

#7 Rob Moden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:48 AM

Oh thank goodness. When I saw the episode title on the front page of Earwolf I got all mixed up and worried it was an episode of 'Yo, Is This Racist?'.

#8 Kickpuncher

Sentient Meat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • LocationIthaca, NY

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

View Postpfchangs, on 09 October 2013 - 09:35 AM, said:

Howard's Lincoln sounds like Mickey Mouse

Howard's struggle to even get in the same neighborhood city state as an impression he was regularly doing (and reasonably well) a year ago was one of the funniest things in this episode.

#9 Todd Mason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

There was a pretty solid, if unambitious, spin-off of THE WITCHES OF EASTWICK on ABC a few years back, EASTWICK. This year, we get duelling cable witchcraft series on Lifetime and FX (the latter being the third season of AMERICAN HORROR STORY).

Hm...as dull as endless filming of THE HOBBIT might be, it ain't quite as dull as Led Zep albums...which in turn might not be as dull as wading through crushes at ComiCon...

#10 cat & beard

our fluoride is gluten free

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • LocationShredstaurant

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:08 AM

View PostTodd Mason, on 09 October 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

Hm...as dull as endless filming of THE HOBBIT might be, it ain't quite as dull as Led Zep albums...

Woah woah woah. Wait a minute. I'm not a Zep fan (though John Bonham is one of the greatest rock drummers ever) but The Hobbit film ain't their fault and it's way worse than All Of My Love or any other shitty Zeppelin song.

#11 Dan Engler

Friend of The Show

• Moderators
  • 574 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:26 PM