Episode 126 — The Universe

7 replies to this topic

#1 July Diaz

Earwolf Buddy

• Administrators
  • 1,285 posts
  • LocationUnder a roof

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:59 PM

Do you never look in a mirror? Well join the club because neither does the Blastoff crew! Tig, Kyle, David, and Aaron welcome expert physicist and author (The Universe in the Rearview Mirror) Dave Goldberg to discuss the universe. There will be talk of anti-matter, uncley-matter, the expanding universe, the arrow of time, and time travel.

#2 Kickpuncher

Sentient Meat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts
  • LocationIthaca, NY

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

View PostJuly Diaz, on 14 October 2013 - 08:59 PM, said:

anti-matter, uncley-matter

I just got that. :lol:

Great episode. The thought of being able to own my very own Punky Corn has me giddy with anticipation.

#3 Jackson1326657838

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:50 PM

A noticeably low key (could be the seasons changing?) but funny and thought provoking episode. The guest did an amazing job explaining things simply and elegantly without being condescending.

#4 Mathey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:18 PM

Great to have the gang back doing their thing in the hatch!

#5 Kickpuncher

Sentient Meat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts
  • LocationIthaca, NY

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:35 AM

By the way, I doubt Kyle ever reads this, but for anyone else who was curious about the Gravity thing (not really a spoiler, but if you're super sensitive about that sort of thing, maybe moveon.org) - No, they don't usually do untethered spacewalks. Clooney's character was testing out a new jet-pack.

#6 solareena

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationCT transplant in NC.

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:06 AM

I misheard the conversation in the beginning regarding Kyle's balls, and it turned out that the world has a new superhero (in my head, at least): Los Grotum

"Saving the world, one ball at a time." Perhaps, then, his superpower is that he slays villains by dancing.

#7 deafvox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:39 AM

I laughed at "thumbs down for God"

#8 TheRealUncool

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Locationurph

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:51 AM

Great, so tense at times, so many fillings, pie crust. Lies from the pit of hell and damnation. Aka h-e double hickory sticks