🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 46 — The New Guy

Now that Amarth resides with the likes of Slimer & Obi-Wan Kenobi, it’s time to see the addition of a new character. Will Brian’s new character piss off Gerry? You’ll have to tune in to find out!

oh man, the ending made me sure that Brian's way of pissing off Gerry is him rolling up a rival Glinnishmoorian character to antagonize him.

• Like 2

The episode isn't showing up on itunes.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Don't know why it's not there. I thought maybe it was another skip week, but scouring Twitter all AM in a nerd panic turned up nothing.

For now, obsessively clicking REFRESH in iTunes and on my iPad podcasts app...

EDIT:

Never mind, I couldn't wait. I went right to Soundcloud for my Wednesday treats. (y)

Technical issues this morning! Everything should be up in iTunes now!! Sorry!!!

I was laughing pretty hard today from Brian and the Gang going over the aftermath of Amon's Lament (BTW, sounds like a great band name). And everyone's Vin Diesel impersonations.... slayed me!

Epic episode.

Second that, great episode. I was driving to work thinking, as much as I'm enjoying the space worlds I wouldn't mind something a little more traditional now that they are going to 2nd edition. Traditional might not be the work I'm looking for but then I thought, maybe they could go to Glinishmore! I hope Sir Richard gets his wish and that is where they are going to end up! For Glinishmore! I would love to see dueling Paladins, but Brian's character is off "the path" and just constantly pissing off Gerry. Alright, NerdPoker fix - check. Time to head to the comic store for my other drug of choice.

Argh what a tease. Still not to the old man. So close, yet so far away.

On a side note: My grandfather loved Worthers, mini-snickers, and ginger snaps.

I predicted last week that Brian would come back as the Old Man...what better rivalry than between him and Sir Richard??

Brian will have to prove the old man is altruistic. Maybe the Old Man has been fighting (not controlling) the Collectors this whole time?

• Like 2

As a kid I always thought my grandpa loved Double Mint gum. As an adult I realized he really loved Canadian Mist.

• Like 2

There was no new guy in this episode you assholes. Also, why have the past few podcasts been a day late on the xbox music store?

There was no new guy in this episode you assholes. Also, why have the past few podcasts been a day late on the xbox music store?

As much as I hate to agree with this, I have to admit that titling the episode "The New Guy," and saying "Will Brian’s new character piss off Gerry? You’ll have to tune in to find out!" then NOT having Brian's new character appear anywhere in the episode, is a pretty asshole thing to do. I mean it's fine if you didn't get to that part in the episode, but don't tease us like that if you're not going to deliver. Because I did tune in, and I didn't find out. I still love the podcast, but I don't know what you guys were thinking.

As much as I hate to agree with this, I have to admit that titling the episode "The New Guy," and saying "Will Brian’s new character piss off Gerry? You’ll have to tune in to find out!" then NOT having Brian's new character appear anywhere in the episode, is a pretty asshole thing to do. I mean it's fine if you didn't get to that part in the episode, but don't tease us like that if you're not going to deliver. Because I did tune in, and I didn't find out. I still love the podcast, but I don't know what you guys were thinking.

Maybe the person doing the descriptions and title didn't listen all the way through?

Maybe the person doing the descriptions and title didn't listen all the way through?

i was thinking it was maybe something like this too, since they record a few of these at a time it seems i'm guessing we'll get brian's new guy early next episode.

im not gonna lie, i was really disappointed with this episode.

i love the show and am not gonna shit all over it, but it was the shortest episode to date, clocking in at under an hour. plus we didnt get the new character, or really anything at all.

i understand the guys joke around and usually its fine, but this episode was like 80% filler.

thats just my opinion. hopefully next week's will be better.

• Like 1

I predicted last week that Brian would come back as the Old Man...what better rivalry than between him and Sir Richard??

Brian will have to prove the old man is altruistic. Maybe the Old Man has been fighting (not controlling) the Collectors this whole time?

I was thinking this as well, considering Brian was out of the room, not knowing what happened on the podcast.

oh man, the ending made me sure that Brian's way of pissing off Gerry is him rolling up a rival Glinnishmoorian character to antagonize him.

That was my thought as well.

New guy, I seem to recall "Vin Diesel" showing up on this episode.

y8c9KEI.jpg

• Like 1

That makes sense. Whatever the reason, though, it just shouldn't happen. Somebody messed up.

im not gonna lie, i was really disappointed with this episode.

i love the show and am not gonna shit all over it, but it was the shortest episode to date, clocking in at under an hour. plus we didnt get the new character, or really anything at all.

i understand the guys joke around and usually its fine, but this episode was like 80% filler.

thats just my opinion. hopefully next week's will be better.

You've NEVER played D&D, have you?

• Like 1

The show still kicks the ass of any similar shows out there, but the cross talk is getting a little rough. If this was like Harmontown, where there is a just-ok, fairly standard adventure going on but everyone improvises jokes and makes it interesting, I could see a lot of cross talk and grasping for jokes being great. But Sark has a pretty amazing, interesting adventure going on and at times it seems like the guys would rather hear anything BUT Sark's description of a really important scene.

For me my areas of interest when listening are, most important to least:

1. What's happening in the storyline.

2. The players' thoughts, theories and questions.

3. The players' (admittedly usually brilliant) jokes.

So for me, hearing #3 is awesome, but not when someone is in the middle of describing #1.

Still a massive fan though!

Yes, I did create an account just to say that.

• Like 1

You've NEVER played D&D, have you?

yes, i have. But when theyre so anal about the 1 hr running time, and this one was even shorter than that.

The earlier episodes included a lot more actual story.

like i said, its just my opinion.

The show still kicks the ass of any similar shows out there, but the cross talk is getting a little rough. If this was like Harmontown, where there is a just-ok, fairly standard adventure going on but everyone improvises jokes and makes it interesting, I could see a lot of cross talk and grasping for jokes being great. But Sark has a pretty amazing, interesting adventure going on and at times it seems like the guys would rather hear anything BUT Sark's description of a really important scene.

For me my areas of interest when listening are, most important to least:

1. What's happening in the storyline.

2. The players' thoughts, theories and questions.

3. The players' (admittedly usually brilliant) jokes.

So for me, hearing #3 is awesome, but not when someone is in the middle of describing #1.

Still a massive fan though!

Yes, I did create an account just to say that.

I definitely agree that the story is great, and since I only have one friend who would ever care about starting a RPG with me, I get some vicarious pleasure out of that alone. I think they're funny enough that it doesn't bother me, though. Maybe they're just used to how good Sark is. Or they don't think we'll be entertained with the story by itself.

This is just why we need Brian back in here. Sark seems to want the edge-of-your-seat cliff hangers. Brian seems to understand I'll come back without them, and I want to know what was on the screen, darn it!

• Like 1